Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what happened at Dustyn’s arraignment on the burglary charge this past Friday (Oct 10th).

Dailey, Dustyn Obrien, Burglary, Second Degree-Felony
Judge: Claver, H. Michael, District Judge
10/10/2008: Arraignment

Lambillotte, Cody, Burglary, Second Degree-Felony
Judge: Pickering, Cynthia, Special Judge
09/18/2008: Guilty Plea; Rules and conditions of probation supervised by DA (Tom Giulioli)

Hi Cloud~
I think the proceedings were given another date. I am not sure when or what the next step is. I think the poster, RPS had the info.Sorry to not be of more help.

Flossie

I wonder what happened at Dustyn’s arraignment on the burglary charge this past Friday (Oct 10th).

Dailey, Dustyn Obrien, Burglary, Second Degree-Felony
Judge: Claver, H. Michael, District Judge
10/10/2008: Arraignment

Lambillotte, Cody, Burglary, Second Degree-Felony
Judge: Pickering, Cynthia, Special Judge
09/18/2008: Guilty Plea; Rules and conditions of probation supervised by DA (Tom Giulioli)

I don't know, Cloud. I can't seem to find anything on him. Not even his docket number. Maybe they are keeping it a secret like everything else.

Hi Cloud~
I think the proceedings were given another date. I am not sure when or what the next step is. I think the poster, RPS had the info.Sorry to not be of more help.

Flossie

Hi Flossie,

That's the last update in the online court records. I think we have to wait for the next monthly update (end of Oct) to see what happened. I'm wondering if they had the arraignment this past Friday, did he plead guilty and did he get out of jail with probation or something.

The girls are never far from my heart, TG. It is difficult to think positive on this one tho. I am disgusted and feel there is more that should have or could have been done initially. The simple fact the road was graded is one example of a case gone terribly wrong. It is unacceptable that the OSBI dropped the ball on this one.

I can understand your frustration SS but I really don't think OSBI was lax on this case at all. I think they knew instantly that it would be one of the biggest cases they have had to investigate.

I am not sure what else they could have done. They spent over 9 hours at the scene when it happened. Rosser said they have videos, photos and took shoe and tire track impressions, they retrieved the bullet casings and they carefully removed the girls from the scene even making sure their hands were wrapped so that no DNA would be lost. We can be assured that they measured exactly where the girls lay in correlation with the dirt road.

What I do think happened is they were handed a very hard case just like countless other police agencies endure all across this nation who have many unsolved cases. To me in this case the forensics did not give them what they had hoped. I am really not surprised. I don't think the killers ever touched the girls to leave any traces behind.

But it is unusual that they still do have 4 full time investigators assigned to this case. Usually by now maybe one investigator will work on it in his spare time between other cases.

It is great news and shows OSBI is still very much wanting to solve these murders.

imoo

I am so disappointed in OSBI. I had faith they were on top of this one from the beginning and now it appears it was misplaced trust. There needs to be answers in this case. WTH?

I was outside watching my dog play with the butterflies and thinking of the girls. Watching a couple of them flutter off together reminded me of how fleeting their lives were and how long this has gone on already. :(

I so agree with you SeriouslySearching. The OSBI seems to have nothing new and refuses to drop any clues so that the public MIGHT be able to help them solve these murders. I have never seen a case with so few details divulged. If they would release text of their interviews with witnesses and family members, there just might be something they have overlooked that would "pop" out at someone else.

It blows my mind that, with such a supposed short time frame and in a rural area not heavily traveled, no one can solve this. What ever happened to that old theory "There ain't no secrets in this one horse town?"

These girls deserve more than this.

I've really become suspect of the POI. Perhaps there was NO POI and he was simply made up to deflect suspicion away from other people. Perhaps there was no person standing in the middle of the road beside a white pickup. It would be very easy for someone to point toward a POI and even be able to give some detailed made up description to the artist.

Just joining in when I have time...

I've always found it strange that a POI was just standing in plain sight ouside his vehicle. Supposedly, there are witnesses, and while I don't mean to insult the honest citizens of Weleetka, you just can't help but wonder about the credibility of the witnesses.

I've always found it strange that a POI was just standing in plain sight ouside his vehicle. Supposedly, there are witnesses, and while I don't mean to insult the honest citizens of Weleetka, you just can't help but wonder about the credibility of the witnesses.

Especially if they were involved.

I've really become suspect of the POI. Perhaps there was NO POI and he was simply made up to deflect suspicion away from other people. Perhaps there was no person standing in the middle of the road beside a white pickup. It would be very easy for someone to point toward a POI and even be able to give some detailed made up description to the artist.

YellowDog,
There was definitely a POI. He was in the middle of the road and was driving a white truck.
I wish we knew why he was in the area.

It is a fact, OSBI and FBI are working very closely with these creditable witnesses.

Yellow-Dog,
There was definitely a POI.
He was in the middle of the road and was driving a white truck.
I wish we knew why he was in the area......

IF the POI was 'sent' and did do the brutal murders, he wasn't worried about being identified.

Which tells me, he was NOT from the area, possibly even from out of state, using stolen tags and guns.

If thats the case, this is likely 'something' big and bad..a hired 'hit' and something for V. to be scared of.

My next question is : why the innocent girls? think about this,
IF the POI is the killer, this seems to point to either Taylors bio-parents or other family members.

This POI is nothing but lowest of the low, a Coward taking his anger out on 2 innocent children,

Just maybe he couldn't find and 'hit' Who he was sent/'hired' to kill that day, since P. & V. were not home and
the girls were just a substitute, a 2nd choice to get the point across...

It would be smart of LE to look at people recently released from prison that might be 'owning' someone still in prison a 'favor'..jmo.

IF the POI was 'sent' and did do the brutal murders, he wasn't worried about being identified.

Which tells us, he was NOT from the area, possibly even from out of state.

If thats the case, this is likely 'something' big and bad...something for V. to be scared of.

My next question is : why the innocent girls?
Does it have something to do with Taylors bio-parents or immediate family?...jmo.

I agree I don't think the POI was from the area, possible the POI knows someone in the area?
Why innocent girls...I struggle with this also.
Even if the killer told what his motive was, we still would not understand WHY. There is no reason or could never be reason enough to kill a child/children. We all think if we knew "why" it would help us lay this case down. I personally have come to the realization this case will never leave my mind.

What makes you so definite about that?

Hi YellowDog~
You will have to trust me about the POI. There was definitely a POI and the OSBI has worked w/ the witnesses in trying to gather as much info. as possible about him. I think the POI was in the area for drugs. Whether, buying or selling, I do not know. I think he is familiar w/ the area and that is why he was able to leave the vicinity quickly and w/out being stopped. Also, it is such a rural area, that by the time LE arrived on the scene, he was long gone. I think he may have even crossed into another state and that is why Okla. LE never saw him on the highway. Another thing that I believe to be true is that the time line we have been provided by the authorities is incorrect. Other than the info. about the POI, as always, this is just my opinion.

I agree I don't think the POI was from the area, possible the POI knows someone in the area?
Why innocent girls...I struggle with this also.
Even if the killer told what his motive was, we still would not understand WHY. There is no reason or could never be reason enough to kill a child/children. We all think if we knew "why" it would help us lay this case down. I personally have come to the realization this case will never leave my mind.

Sheza~
I agree w/you, this case will never leave my mind. I will always think about the senselessness of this crime. It is so sad...................

Which tells me, he was NOT from the area, possibly even from out of state, using stolen tags and guns.

If thats the case, this is likely 'something' big and bad..a hired 'hit' and something for V. to be scared of.

My next question is : why the innocent girls? think about this,
IF the POI is the killer, this seems to point to either Taylors bio-parents or other family members.

This POI is nothing but lowest of the low, a Coward taking his anger out on 2 innocent children,

Just maybe he couldn't find and 'hit' Who he was sent/'hired' to kill that day, since P. & V. were not home and
the girls were just a substitute, a 2nd choice to get the point across...

It would be smart of LE to look at people recently released from prison that might be 'owning' someone still in prison a 'favor'..jmo.

I agree that it would be smart for LE to look at people recently released from prison. But, if we assume that POI was a hired "hitman", and he couldn't find the people (or person) who he had been hired to eliminate, and killed the girls as a secondary option, then we must assume he recognized the girls. (or at least one of them) That brings me to this point: Not only would I look at people who had been released from prison, but I would look at people who had recently been released from prison that may have had reason to be around the families of the girls. Did any of that make sense? lol.

I tend to think that the overkill w/ the girls shows a lot about the mindset of the murderer. I think he was young and inexperienced in the world of murder. I do not think he was a "professional". He may have been involved in the drug world and had been around guns etc............. but, I do not think he had taken lives before the girls were shot. I could be Totally off base. But criminal profiling can provide a lot of (speculative) information about criminals. I think profiling and victimology can help LE a lot. If you follow what a profiler would say, it would most likely be a young person, a female or a homosexual that would have committed the crimes. I hope that one day, we will know the truth.

If this was a drug deal perhaps gone "bad" could the local police be "on the take" and covering for someone?

I agree that it would be smart for LE to look at people recently released from prison. But, if we assume that POI was a hired "hitman", and he couldn't find the people (or person) who he had been hired to eliminate, and killed the girls as a secondary option, then we must assume he recognized the girls. (or at least one of them) That brings me to this point: Not only would I look at people who had been released from prison, but I would look at people who had recently been released from prison that may have had reason to be around the families of the girls. Did any of that make sense? lol.

I tend to think that the overkill w/ the girls shows a lot about the mindset of the murderer. I think he was young and inexperienced in the world of murder. I do not think he was a "professional". He may have been involved in the drug world and had been around guns etc............. but, I do not think he had taken lives before the girls were shot. I could be Totally off base.

But criminal profiling can provide a lot of (speculative) information about criminals. I think profiling and victimology can help LE a lot.

If you follow what a profiler would say, it would most likely be a young

person, a female or a homosexual that would have committed the crimes. I

hope that one day, we will know the truth......

Is the profiler saying that since the POI was possibly in his 30's or 40's, he would possibly be a homosexual drug dealer, gun runner or hit man, carrying a Glock?..:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95