Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone ,envoy perhaps, posted a picture of the roadside memorial very late in chapter 1 of this discussion. i tried to put it here & it didn't work. please, somebody who knows how, put it here. that should help settle confusion for those trying to picture the woods & ditch.

it is a very shallow ditch and most of the grass & undergrowth on the right-of-way is kneehigh. of course around where the memorabilia is piled, the grass has been trampled but you'll see what it looks like past there.

about the road being graded..... i thought maybe investigators had it done. they might have pulled an inch or two & to sift thru. i cannot believe the county road department would have gone there without asking if it's okay so soon after the murders... remember it's a small community & i would expect communication between the sheriffs department & road maintenance.... in fact, i would expect there to be law enforcement posted there 24/7.

OK, I go with the 2 girls being witness to something at the bridge (assault or drugs). Do kids "drink" out there and party? Was the reliable witness just seconds before seeing the girls, not able to see anything? Hmmm. I agree with other posters to check the creek below the bridge...

Great job, guys!

This was a thrill killing...and I don't believe there were two people....one person with 2 guns...different calibers...trying t mess with LE.

I agree it was a thrill killing, but the closeness of the girls, the fact that the driver would have had to get out of the car, or shoot through the passenger side, etc. makes me believe that it was done with a driver and at least one passenger.

Someone supposedly (or at least LE wants them to think that they) did see the girls just minutes before they were shot which means they probably also got a good look at at least the car of the assailants.

LE feels there were two killers because the two girls were found next to each other...while the killer was shooting one, they believe the other one would have tried to run and the body would have been found at least a little ways away from the other one. Course it's always possible one person could have held them both with a gun for a few minutes, because they were so scared and probably just froze.

Missie brought up a good point about the bridge. If say two or more people were there doing something illegal, and the girls are innocently walking toward that direction and one of the perps looks up and sees the girls...........

2 of the perps could have gotten in their vehicle and driven down to where the girls were and killed them.

The girls probably didn't even realize what was going on and had no chance to react in any way.

that's like just making up some chit...

People don't have meth labs in the middle of the road, especially a busy one...and who lays waiting for two little girls?

they saw something? while they are walking down the road...give me a break.

This was a thrill killing...and I don't believe there were two people....one person with 2 guns...different calibers...trying t mess with LE.

Betting they have a suspect.
Have you ever heard of a rolling meth lab? We have them all over here. I wouldn't consider it a "busy" road since there are only 100 kids in the entire school system. LOL Everything is relative.

You could be right since they have a witness now. At least they have a description. They should also know if there were more than one.

Like some of you I have been wondering about the distance the girls covered and the time involved, seemed too tight to me.

I think I have found the answer. The 3/4's of a mile to the bridge doesn't appear to be correct.

The distance from road 1130 to the bridge appears to be about 7/10 of a mile and probably a little less. The Taylor house is north of road 1130 so the distance from her house to the bridge appears to be in the 6/10 of a mile range.

The OSBI agent that had the survey equipment was just on the local news. I didn't catch all of what he said, but he had it near a fast running creek. Guess that answers the question of if there was water under the bridge.

Like some of you I have been wondering about the distance the girls covered and the time involved, seemed too tight to me.

I think I have found the answer. The 3/4's of a mile to the bridge doesn't appear to be correct.

The distance from road 1130 to the bridge appears to be about 7/10 of a mile and probably a little less. The Taylor house is north of road 1130 so the distance from her house to the bridge appears to be in the 6/10 of a mile range.

Can you equate this in blocks for me?

About 10 city blocks.

Thanks for the other map, Envoy. I don't see a house in that clearing and I can't make out water or the bridge. I wonder if Google Earth is any better?

If you blow up that yahoo map to it's highest resolution, and look over the creek, you can see the shadow of the bridge in the river bed below.

You cannot see a house. I just assumed Taylor's house is in that clearing as it correlates the other map, and a little bit from the raw footage of the merry surveyors today.

About 10 city blocks.

If you blow up that yahoo map to it's highest resolution, and look over the creek, you can see the shadow of the bridge in the river bed below.

You cannot see a house. I just assumed Taylor's house is in that clearing as it correlates the other map, and a little bit from the raw footage of the merry surveyors today.

TY, ED!:)

someone ,envoy perhaps, posted a picture of the roadside memorial very late in chapter 1 of this discussion. i tried to put it here & it didn't work. please, somebody who knows how, put it here. that should help settle confusion for those trying to picture the woods & ditch.

it is a very shallow ditch and most of the grass & undergrowth on the right-of-way is kneehigh. of course around where the memorabilia is piled, the grass has been trampled but you'll see what it looks like past there.

about the road being graded..... i thought maybe investigators had it done. they might have pulled an inch or two & to sift thru. i cannot believe the county road department would have gone there without asking if it's okay so soon after the murders... remember it's a small community & i would expect communication between the sheriffs department & road maintenance.... in fact, i would expect there to be law enforcement posted there 24/7.
No, the county would have graded the road without input from the Sheriff's department. While it is a small town, the county isn't so "connected". The Sheriff's Dept. made a mistake by not contacting them, imo. No, LE would not be posted there after they released the scene which they had to do before the memorial went up. It does look like a shallow ditch in that photo which surprises me because I would have expected to see a deeper bar ditch.

It looks so close that the grandfather could have seen the girls had they been walking, but they were shielded by the folliage until he got upon them I guess.

I tried Google Earth and it wouldn't get close enough. I did finally catch that shadow of the bridge tho. Thanks, Envoy!

It's doable to go up to the bridge, but to go up and back within the time frame, I think is a stretch unless you are really running both ways. I don't see two adolescent girls on a Sunday afternoon in the heat running that quickly.

When you add in a witness in a car driving by the girls and the killers, it does make one wonder the rush to kill; I mean why let a driver go by and focus on two girls.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/...46af82e9986bedb6d63d.girls_killed_okso104.jpg

Here's a link to the memorial. This would be looking north, on the west side of County Line Road 3890 or whatever number it is.

Here's the link to the other map (it's from someone elses photobucket account, if this link is wrong, let me know)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/lightingthewayhome/j11welcrimemap.jpg

Do we have a larger picture of the memorial-or at least a way of blowing it up?

ETA: Do we know for a fact that the memorial site is on the same side of the road, and near where the girls were found? I'm just wondering if LE would be letting people trample thru the crime scene like that. If the memorial is a few feet away from where the girls were found the foliage could be slightly different, and the ditch could be too for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste