Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unverified rumors belong in the Parking Lot Rumor thread, not on the Public Forum

Here are 3 questions of many I have had and that I would love to hears the answer to.
questions:
1. Did any "reliable witness" NOT associated with family, family visitors, the boys in the truck, school mates, the preacher or the saturday ATV riders or in anyway connected with this case, SEE the POI or the girls on that road, that Sunday?
IF so, what time was each seen?

2. All Kids I know don't own expensive, powerful .40 cal. weapons, so the guns would have had to have been borrowed from a parent or stolen from someone, if teenagers shot the girls.

Thinking about this, does this point toward an adult, owning these guns doing these murders?

3. A lot of money was sent to the families after the girls brutal murders, was the families able to use this money in any way they chose, possibly paying off any large debts???

I hope it is solved soon and what dumb luck the criminals must have. To shoot 2 girls, broad daylight, not just once, and no one hears a thing. Who knew that no one would hear a thing?? Look at how long we thought someone was home that day. Then we find out no one was. ???? Someone knows something and needs to fess up and quit thinking well the girls are gone so it doesn't matter, nothing will bring them back. Bull!! Tell anything you know.
Is there actual proof no one was home that day?

Skylars mother was on her way to pick up her daughter, and spoke to Grandma Placker in this time period. Grandpa P walked out to the road and when he didn't see them on the road at all, started walking toward the bridge. He found them. He tells Grandma P, who called 911 from the house.

Out here in the country, wind does funny things with sound. One day you can hear a conversation from clear out in the barn. If the wind is blowing away, you don't hear a thing. It's the same concept of how hunters try to stay down-wind of their prey. The prey won't smell them that way.

I'll see what the weather says for that day. If the wind was out of the south or east, it is quite probable that they heard no shots.

Please don't start pointing fingers at the grandfather. He'd have gladly given his life for either one of these kids. Your words can't do anything but cause more hurt for him.

You've taken someone's speculation and turned it into fact (the path, the tree, the mean grampa)

Skylars mother was on her way to pick up her daughter, and spoke to Grandma Placker in this time period. Grandpa P walked out to the road and when he didn't see them on the road at all, started walking toward the bridge. He found them. He tells Grandma P, who called 911 from the house.

Are you saying that Mr. Placker returned to the house after he found the girls to tell his wife what had happened and then she called the police? If he had the only knowledge of the crime scene at that time, why wouldn't he have called the police himself so he could give them the details he knew? How long would it have taken him to go all the way back to the house before police were called?

The released 911 call with Mrs. Placker doesn't fit the account that she called 911 from the house.

The tapes indicate she and some young girl are on the scene and getting information as someone else is relating it to them.

The grief and pain in her learning her granddaughter and friend are dead is something quite evident in the released 911 call.

The released 911 call with Mrs. Placker doesn't fit the account that she called 911 from the house.

The tapes indicate she and some young girl are on the scene and getting information as someone else is relating it to them.

The grief and pain in her learning her granddaughter and friend are dead is something quite evident in the released 911 call.

That's what I thought. The call sounded like it was coming right from the scene.

That's what I thought. The call sounded like it was coming right from the scene.

Here is what I find very interesting.

We have two young girls murdered in broad daylight. In a rural community. There were a lot of adults in the area that day. Only minutes away from these girls.

Yet we don't know the most basic details about what happened that day, about the movements of the girls.

I remember reading, a person said she heard the shots, and she was about a mile away, i will find and post that information if necessary to validate it..........
and i had a problem with LE stating they found the casings in a pile?...someone shot these two angels, then walks around and collects the shell casings to leave them in a pile, or something similar to a pile, i find that hard to imagine.

and they mentioned, they have received a lot of new tips, that have not yielded anything positive in the investigation, if we knew what piece or pieces of the puzzle they are missing, if we knew what roadblock they have come to, perhaps we could offer a piece to fill in more of the puzzle......I am going to assume, we no longer need to have faith in any of the DNA they said they had collected at the scene, as far as matching anything on record. it seems it has gone nowhere, and i always wondered what kind of DNA evidence the killer would have left anyways?............And what type of tips are they waiting for?, someone to call and say i did it, or i know whom did it, and describe things that were not released to the public, so they will know this person submitting the tip, knows what happened, or whom was involved?......i don't sense the killer is going to call and confess, we can rule that tip out..............If there were two, like they may think, the other has not told or called and confessed to anything, i sense they have had no contact at all, from whom did this.........................I would like to know, if they did the satellite check, to see if on that day, any vehicles were seen by satellite on that road at anytime of the day, since it is not traveled on that much, Ill say they did, and nothing showed up in the images, from that day, afternoon...
These girls were ambushed, someone laying in wait perhaps, either attempted abduction, or a simply thrill killing, but unsure, abduction, one would need a vehicle, and at last press conference, i don't remember hearing anything about asking for help on a vehicle of interest, so abduction with vehicle may not.............ambush, would have come from east or west direction, from the brush, abduction with vehicle, north or south...........If i remember correctly, they either did or didn't say either girl was sexual assaulted, which means it was not a sexual assault, then a murder to prevent them from testifying...................
a retaliation murder, i don't think of anything that would warrant someone to kill these to to get even with the families of either child............I am starting to think, this may have been nothing more then a thrill killing, which is occurring more and more these days..............meth addicts are known, to kill anyone, even children if there supply or getting high is at risk of being exposed, but i heard nothing from the latest press conference to indicate any possible connection to the meth trade, especially on that road, isolated road..........where the girls were found, seems the killer was on the right side of them, firing from the road area, as they were on the bank of the road, and shooting from the right and behind them as they were heading back to the house...........maybe the killer, did come from the west side of the brush area, and came out and started to fire at the girls as they were on the opposite side of the road...............there are just to many blanks in information to come to a more possible solution.....I wish LE would admit, yes or no, if some kind of calling card was left at the scene, not all has been release im pretty sure of that...........LE just wants, someone whom knows whom did this, to call and verify things, about the killings, and or the person responsible...........

If we knew a little more, about certain things, we could stop wasting time in speculation, and concentrate more on what is known!

My wish on this case, is that someone from LE/or local reporter, with connections to LE and this case, would join this thread, and read a lot of what has been posted so far, and respond in a way to let us know if we are traveling down a possible correct path, or way off, and bring us back onto the right track..........they can remain anonymous. just come here, and best as they can, without jeopardizing the investigation, validate some things, give us some confirmation on something, give us more pieces to this scrabbled puzzle!
What are they stuck on??......they have gone, so far in this investigation, and then hit a roadblock, i like to know what that roadblock is, and what information that have right before they hit that road block!

they walked to the bridge, came back, with footprints showing they did that......got to where they were, and were ambushed, by someone from the brush, or someone in a vehicle, the vehicle part is fading very fast, which leaves ambush, from the brush, which means from the area on foot perhaps.........i still say they need to RECHECK THE BRUSH AREA FROM THE BRIDGE TO PAST WHERE THE GIRLS WERE FOUND, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD.............bring in some new recruits going through training, and have them search the area again!!...........but now, perhaps will have to wait until fall, when the brush area is not so thick and hard to walk through..............but still, that could be done, with metal detectors, to search for the weapons, or other possible evidence......is that to much to ask?
unless known as a fact..........ALL MOO, AND SPECULATIONS AND ASSUMPTIONS ON MY PART.

I remember reading, a person said she heard the shots, and she was about a mile away, i will find and post that information if necessary to validate it..........
and i had a problem with LE stating they found the casings in a pile?...someone shot these two angels, then walks around and collects the shell casings to leave them in a pile, or something similar to a pile, i find that hard to imagine.

and they mentioned, they have received a lot of new tips, that have not yielded anything positive in the investigation, if we knew what piece or pieces of the puzzle they are missing, if we knew what roadblock they have come to, perhaps we could offer a piece to fill in more of the puzzle......I am going to assume, we no longer need to have faith in any of the DNA they said they had collected at the scene, as far as matching anything on record. it seems it has gone nowhere, and i always wondered what kind of DNA evidence the killer would have left anyways?............And what type of tips are they waiting for?, someone to call and say i did it, or i know whom did it, and describe things that were not released to the public, so they will know this person submitting the tip, knows what happened, or whom was involved?......i don't sense the killer is going to call and confess, we can rule that tip out..............If there were two, like they may think, the other has not told or called and confessed to anything, i sense they have had no contact at all, from whom did this.........................I would like to know, if they did the satellite check, to see if on that day, any vehicles were seen by satellite on that road at anytime of the day, since it is not traveled on that much, Ill say they did, and nothing showed up in the images, from that day, afternoon...
These girls were ambushed, someone laying in wait perhaps, either attempted abduction, or a simply thrill killing, but unsure, abduction, one would need a vehicle, and at last press conference, i don't remember hearing anything about asking for help on a vehicle of interest, so abduction with vehicle may not.............ambush, would have come from east or west direction, from the brush, abduction with vehicle, north or south...........If i remember correctly, they either did or didn't say either girl was sexual assaulted, which means it was not a sexual assault, then a murder to prevent them from testifying...................
a retaliation murder, i don't think of anything that would warrant someone to kill these to to get even with the families of either child............I am starting to think, this may have been nothing more then a thrill killing, which is occurring more and more these days..............meth addicts are known, to kill anyone, even children if there supply or getting high is at risk of being exposed, but i heard nothing from the latest press conference to indicate any possible connection to the meth trade, especially on that road, isolated road..........where the girls were found, seems the killer was on the right side of them, firing from the road area, as they were on the bank of the road, and shooting from the right and behind them as they were heading back to the house...........maybe the killer, did come from the west side of the brush area, and came out and started to fire at the girls as they were on the opposite side of the road...............there are just to many blanks in information to come to a more possible solution.....I wish LE would admit, yes or no, if some kind of calling card was left at the scene, not all has been release im pretty sure of that...........LE just wants, someone whom knows whom did this, to call and verify things, about the killings, and or the person responsible...........

If we knew a little more, about certain things, we could stop wasting time in speculation, and concentrate more on what is known!

My wish on this case, is that someone from LE/or local reporter, with connections to LE and this case, would join this thread, and read a lot of what has been posted so far, and respond in a way to let us know if we are traveling down a possible correct path, or way off, and bring us back onto the right track..........they can remain anonymous. just come here, and best as they can, without jeopardizing the investigation, validate some things, give us some confirmation on something, give us more pieces to this scrabbled puzzle!
What are they stuck on??......they have gone, so far in this investigation, and then hit a roadblock, i like to know what that roadblock is, and what information that have right before they hit that road block!

they walked to the bridge, came back, with footprints showing they did that......got to where they were, and were ambushed, by someone from the brush, or someone in a vehicle, the vehicle part is fading very fast, which leaves ambush, from the brush, which means from the area on foot perhaps.........i still say they need to RECHECK THE BRUSH AREA FROM THE BRIDGE TO PAST WHERE THE GIRLS WERE FOUND, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD.............bring in some new recruits going through training, and have them search the area again!!...........but now, perhaps will have to wait until fall, when the brush area is not so thick and hard to walk through..............but still, that could be done, with metal detectors, to search for the weapons, or other possible evidence......is that to much to ask?
unless known as a fact..........ALL MOO, AND SPECULATIONS AND ASSUMPTIONS ON MY PART.

Wishful thinking that LE would, even anonymously, jeopardize their job by posting any info about the case.

Makes you wonder though if they had the Sunshine Law in Oklahoma if this case might have already been solved.

Makes you wonder though if they had the Sunshine Law in Oklahoma if this case might have already been solved.
Even if they did have the "Sunshine Law" an arrest would have to be made first in the case before any information would be released.

I do think eventually this case will be solved.

Out here in the country, wind does funny things with sound. One day you can hear a conversation from clear out in the barn. If the wind is blowing away, you don't hear a thing. It's the same concept of how hunters try to stay down-wind of their prey. The prey won't smell them that way.

I'll see what the weather says for that day. If the wind was out of the south or east, it is quite probable that they heard no shots.

Please don't start pointing fingers at the grandfather. He'd have gladly given his life for either one of these kids. Your words can't do anything but cause more hurt for him.

You've taken someone's speculation and turned it into fact (the path, the tree, the mean grampa)
The wind was blowing that day according to the spokesperson for the OSBI, IIRC.

Speculation about family members is just that and I don't think anyone is making it a fact. IMO, we have been very respectful to them...but we should ask questions since there are no answers in this case. It isn't about hurting anyone. It is about finding out who killed these two precious girls in broad daylight and has so far been able to avoid being arrested.

Even if they did have the "Sunshine Law" an arrest would have to be made first in the case before any information would be released.

I do think eventually this case will be solved.
I will have to check, but I believe we do have some form of the Sunshine Law here. LOL What we don't have are aggressive news media outlets or gungho reporters rushing to obtain information...possibly.

You are right tho...there would have to be an arrest before anything was really filed and became public record anyway.

Just curious if anyone else has heard the rumor that investigators are close to getting this thing solved. Or may already have solved it?

That's the word going around. But then again, we've been here before.

Welcome to WS on the poster side of things, Sandman~ Glad you came out of lurkdom.

I have not heard anything substantial in that respect. I don't see it happening with the events published recently. IIRC, they didn't get anything significant from that enormous reward which was posted from the oilmen.

Can someone elucidate where this rumor is coming from? Is it a local rumor? A Topix rumor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisacfuller