Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JB and her power point presentations :waitasec:

IMHO - JB should toss the flip charts, pie charts, etc., and just give us some real information. At the press conference I attended, she had numbers and presentations and .... no answers.

Wouldn't it be more helpful if she provided victim's names in the cases they have solved? Take the data down to a personal level. Give the victims a name and some degree of honor.

This comment offended me: "We get the most difficult cases. We don’t get the smoking guns. We get the decomposing bodies in the creek bed."

The Rev. Carol Daniels (Anadarko) and our girls were not decomposing bodies in the creek bed. OSBI was called immediately in both of these, and, IMHO, they should both have been smoking gun cases.

As always, my :twocents: and IMO

OMGosh, Boots, I thought the exact SAME THING! That comment really ticked me off. Once again, Arrogance................... :banghead:

I totally agree that Ms. Brown is arrogant and condescending. Anyway, what I am wondering, is WHY is OSBI paying a salary to someone who has NO law force experience to speak to the public about OSBI? Wouldn't the money be better spent on someone who could do two jobs, 1) investigate and 2) be a spokesperson? According to Ms. Brown, 'they can always use more investigators'. So, roll her salary into a person who can help out on both fronts. IF I am wrong about Ms. Brown having no LE experience, plz. let me know. But, from what I can gather, she has never worked in LE.

And, I would also like to see the graphs that were produced to reinforce the greatness of OSBI. I want to see how many homicides were domestic, gang related etc........... Those types of cases are relatively "easy" to solve / prosecute. I want to know the exact breakdown of the exact types of cases.

Flossie

Ruf, I read somewhere that JB use to be a news reporter before going to OSBI.

Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I worried that my passionate post might have sounded abrasive.

Her being a former news reporter may account for her seemingly 'talking down to subordinates' in that 'I am beyond reproach' voice to the reporters who were present.

Like Flossie, I would like to see the breakdown of the graphs she presented. Just accepting her word and the visuals she provided at the PC is not enough for me. I would like to review the actual data fom which the graphs were drawn. JMO.

wm

Thanks to Boots for your firsthand account.

On the OSBI website, there is a link where you can print off and send in (Snail mail) an evaluation of the OSBI. Below is the link ~

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Citizens'_Survey/Survey.html

Thank you for taking time to fill out the OSBI Citizens' Survey. The OSBI will use the information from this survey to evaluate the services we offer. We are committed to providing the best possible services to the community, and your input is one of the greatest tools we have that allows us to do that.

Below you will find instructions for filling out and submitting the survey.

Instructions:

1. Click the link below to open the survey.

2. Fill out the form completely.

3. Either save the survey to your computer and click here to e-mail the form, or print the form and mail it to:

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation

Attn: Beth Miles, CALEA Manager

6600 N. Harvey

Oklahoma City, OK 73116

It's so frustrating to come in every day and see that there is no new information on this case. It appears as though everything has come to a complete standstill. Who knows what work is being conducted behind the scenes by LE and any other authorities, but it seems to be turning into a cold case at a frightening pace. I cannot imagine how the families and friends of these two precious girls must feel at the lack of resources and effort that seems to be going into this case by LE...Will Skyla and Taylor ever recieve justice?

Its been almost 2 years now, and as far as I know the weapons used in this crime have not been used in another one.
Which makes it seem like they were used to commit this crime and then no longer used to commit any other crime where any bullets collected could have been compared with the bullets retrieved from the girls.
The guns were used once and once only for this crime and no other, unless someone knows something differently.
So thinking way outside the box here, i wonder if perhaps, if it is a possible, that the weapons were not discarded someplace, buried etc..........Perhaps they were pond somewhere for cash.
Yes, highly unlikely im sure, but perhaps within the pass year, someone, and not necessary the killer, took the guns to a pond shop and sold them for some quick cash, and they may still be setting at the pond shop today.......or taken to a gun show, and sold traded there. The know what weapons were used, so maybe they should call local state pond shops and just ask if they have those type of weapons for sell, and go get them and take some tests to see if in fact they are the weapons used.

OSBI, may have already done this, but whom knows what they have done. We have to wait a year for an update on the case.
I rather not wait for a deathbed confession, or wait for the killer to call on cell phone and say i did it.

So that is why i am thinking wayyyyyyy outside the box.
OSBI, what are you doing!!!!!!!

anyone in the area or state, and can call, call the pond shops and just ask if they have any weapons for sell, that were identified by the bullets recovered.

A needle in a haystack, perhaps....but its something we can do.

Hi Mr TT! Is is great seeing you here again. I have missed your posts.
This case doesn't seem to be a priority for OSBI, IMO. I am very frustrated. It shouldn't take this long to find the thugs who murdered these girls. I wish the media would pressure LE more for updates. Maybe they have and we just don't know or OSBI has responded that there are no new updates.
If these girls were from affluent families, I think it would have been solved right away. Taylor and Skyla just don't seem to be a top priority for the LE agencies involved. I am becoming very discouraged as you can probably discern from my post.

These girls deserve justice!

MOO

wm

Hi Mr TT! Is is great seeing you here again. I have missed your posts.
This case doesn't seem to be a priority for OSBI, IMO. I am very frustrated. It shouldn't take this long to find the thugs who murdered these girls. I wish the media would pressure LE more for updates. Maybe they have and we just don't know or OSBI has responded that there are no new updates.
If these girls were from affluent families, I think it would have been solved right away. Taylor and Skyla just don't seem to be a top priority for the LE agencies involved. I am becoming very discouraged as you can probably discern from my post.

These girls deserve justice!

MOO

wm

I needed to take a few months off, and its good to be back.
Yes, i understand the frustration, and i don't expect anything new from last year at the next conference if they have one.
They still going to say, we are waiting for someone whom knows something to call and tell us what we need to know.
If we could find one of the guns, that would be some new breaking news, at least something to go on and get the investigation warm again. And i agree, if these two angels would have been the children of wealthy individuals, things may have been different, which is sad to say................If we want the medias attention again, we have to find something to draw there interest. This case is to heinous to go unsolved, eventually WE will help solve:toast: this case.
Spirit works in mysterious ways at times!

Yes Spirit does work in mysterious ways. Just when I thought of you the other day and wondered where you had been.and hoped God was shining his light on you....Poof!....YOU reappear!

I wish we could visit the community of Waleetka and burn some sage in the whole area because I feel there is a dark cloud hanging overhead. This community has had such tragedy with the girls murders and the fire last year that burned a good bit of the town.

Your idea of tracking guns/bullets is a good one. It seems like it would be easy enough to check out pawn shops since it is a small community. However, I'll bet those guns are long gone by now. Either sold on the black market or a gun show or taken out of town by one of the perps, so that they can't be tracked. I do believe there is more than one perp and one of them may have been visiting from another area. Just a gut feeling.

There have been reports of numerous meth labs in the area. I don't think anyone will tell if they know anything out of fear of the druggies or due to being an addict themselves.

The 'Walk in Waleetka' that some sleuths organized last year generated news coverage. I find it sad that it took a group of folks that included some traveling from distant places to bring awareness and the community itself seems to have moved on with their lives. (with the exception of sleuths who are locals and care a great deal) If I were a lady of wealth, I would hire my own PI to move to the area and try to infiltrate the drug community because I think that that is where the answer is hidden. We have recently been contacting OSBI and a state legislator thru E-mails to raise awareness. No responses that I know of.

You have restored my faith that we can help solve this case. I am pleased you are back and that you still care about these lovely young girls.

MOO

Keeping the faith,
wm :~)

I totally agree that Ms. Brown is arrogant and condescending. Anyway, what I am wondering, is WHY is OSBI paying a salary to someone who has NO law force experience to speak to the public about OSBI? Wouldn't the money be better spent on someone who could do two jobs, 1) investigate and 2) be a spokesperson? According to Ms. Brown, 'they can always use more investigators'. So, roll her salary into a person who can help out on both fronts. IF I am wrong about Ms. Brown having no LE experience, plz. let me know. But, from what I can gather, she has never worked in LE.

And, I would also like to see the graphs that were produced to reinforce the greatness of OSBI. I want to see how many homicides were domestic, gang related etc........... Those types of cases are relatively "easy" to solve / prosecute. I want to know the exact breakdown of the exact types of cases.

Flossie

Jessica Brown really was having a hard time articulating her words, wasn't she?

Throughout the video, I kept asking myself who she thought she was kidding. Does she actually believe anyone bought that garbage?

On a sadder note, someone needs to tell that woman that the victims have names, families, loved ones that will never forget them and for them to be basically referred as rotting flesh in a creek somewhere disgusts me. What is wrong with her?

Flossie, I had to laugh when I watched the video of Jessica Brown. She really was having a hard time articulating her words, wasn't she?

Throughout the video, I kept asking myself who she thought she was kidding. Does she actually believe anyone bought that garbage?

On a sadder note, someone needs to tell that woman that the victims have names, families, loved ones that will never forget them and for them to be basically referred as rotting flesh in a creek somewhere disgusts me. What is wrong with her?

Hi Lauren ~
That video drove me to drink. :) I know what you are thinking..... Doesn't take much......... lol

JB's comment about "rotting in a creek", was totally uncalled for. What did that crude comment accomplish? Nothing! It was out of line and I wish a member of the press would take her to task for her callous attitude.

I was glad to see the video for the simple reason that it showed OSBI had been contacted about the concerns being voiced by the public. On a side note, I have been reading and researching about another Oklahoma case. (Joe Neff) I sent the OSBI an e-mail asking about how to obtain a copy of an autopsy report. I sent the e-mail over one week ago and I have heard NOTHING from them. UGH!

Posting about how a player in this case portrays themselves is okay to a limit. Saying you feel they appeared arrogant is okay, but discussing how they look on a personal level is not okay.

And attacking members is not okay. Disagree with the post, not the poster.

Some posts have been edited and removed. If you have more issues, use your alert buttons.

This is my first post, as I have quietly read and ponder on all post. I am looking for or need assistance in constructing a definite timeline leading up to the murders. I have looked here and on other boards and I am shocked that no time line has been established. I am interested in the 24 hours leading up the incident. Anybody has any ideas or can point me in the right direction.

I can't find the rumor thread anymore and I haven't been in here in forever. Are we not permitted to engage in rumor here anymore? If not, where would one go to share some rather odd information recieved recently in conjunction with this case?

This is my first post, as I have quietly read and ponder on all post. I am looking for or need assistance in constructing a definite timeline leading up to the murders. I have looked here and on other boards and I am shocked that no time line has been established. I am interested in the 24 hours leading up the incident. Anybody has any ideas or can point me in the right direction.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66477"]Timeline Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here's a link to the timeline thread!

And welcome! I'm glad you've joined us.

wm

I can't find the rumor thread anymore and I haven't been in here in forever. Are we not permitted to engage in rumor here anymore? If not, where would one go to share some rather odd information recieved recently in conjunction with this case?

Hi Shutterfly, Did you check the PL? It seems like there used to be a rumor thread there IIRC. I look forward to hearing what you have to share.

wm

Well darn! I'm not surprised that it's locked I guess after all this time. I wonder if we could start up another one?

Thanks wfgodot.

Well darn! I'm not surprised that it's locked I guess after all this time. I wonder if we could start up another one?

Thanks wfgodot.

You're welcome! I think we could just incorporate rumors into this thread as long as they're clearly labelled as RUMORS, plus not directly identifying anyone - use initials, no sleuthing of minors, etc. etc. The usual rules.

I'm certainly interested in what Shutterfly has to say. "Rather odd information" always captures my interest!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back