Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the shot in the legs idea came from Skyla's grandmother's interview with Nancy Grace. Someone posted a link to it back in one of the other threads but I don't know which one.
Thanks brighidin and Welcome:) to WS.

I have not watched Greta yet,she comes on in 5 minutes, however Shep Smith stated today that LE is looking into the possibility of possible text messages being sent PRIOR to the girls leaving for their walk.

Also I would think that LE would have been able to see what time Taylor's mom called by going to look at the "missed" call section on her cell phone. I know that every cell phone that I have ever had was able to track received calls, missed calls, how long the calls were if answered, and tons of other info. Who knows maybe Taylor and Skyla were playing around with the phone and snapped a picture which the killers thought captured them in the "act" and decided to take out the girls for this. However they would have to have been pretty stupid since they left the phone with the girls' bodies. (Hope that all made sense! :))

In regards to there not being a lot of pictures of Taylor and her family while I do find that odd, just because the art hanging on my walls are all pictures of family, I have known people who just do not take pictures to document their child or their family. The only pictures they have had were ones that were taken at school.

Just my thoughts.

MM ~
That's very interesting about the possibility of text messaging. I hope it will produce something helpful. Like I said last night, I don't know HOW these killers are laying their heads down at night and sleeping. No conscious a6t all. It's so very very disturbing.

It does change things, doesn't it? The extra 30 minutes.
I still don't believe this was a sexual offense that progressed to murder..we are talking rapid gunfire and as far as sexual predators's go, they rarely ever shoot their victims. Duncan comes to mind in the Shasta Groene case. He di shoot her brother but still it is rare. Most child sexual predators strangle or suffocate their victims. Of course I could be wrong. The way they were shot in the face and chest is so much like an execution.

If there was any evidence of rape, I think LE would have stated that this was a rape/murder investigation.

I don't know how long the grandparents had Taylor in their custody, but they may not have had many pictures of early years because she wasn't with them, they may not have been able to afford the costs of photos, or they may have been too grief stricken to go search for them in albums. I know in my family or funerals (even closed casket) I've never seen pics of the deceased displayed. It wouldn't be something that I would choose to do even if it is how others do things nowadays.

The dozen shots that were fired into both girls were symmetrical supposedly, right? Arms, legs, chest, under chin into head? Were they matching on both girls? If so does that signify anything? Would it be easier for one person to shoot like that or two different people? Why all the sames shots at body parts?

I had asked on another page if an automatic is shot rapidly with a sweeping motion. Could it be that quick if the two girls were standing fairly close together? I don't know anything about guns. Maybe I'm thinking more along the lines of a machine gun.

I just watched the repeat of Greta and noted that the reporter she interviewed prior to going to the film footage of the crime scene, stated that the girls bodies were found 2 - 2 1/2 football fields from the Placker driveway. That's a considerable distance down the road.

When the film footage of the crime scene was shown the LE stated that the girls left on their walk at "4:30 or thereafter." So, it sounds like they're a bit vague on the time the girls left, although it is quite a bit sooner that originally stated.

I had asked on another page if an automatic is shot rapidly with a sweeping motion. Could it be that quick if the two girls were standing fairly close together? I don't know anything about guns. Maybe I'm thinking more along the lines of a machine gun.

I'm not a gun expert and the semi vs fully automatic thing has always confused me. I think the automatic refers to how the gun loads not how many rounds it fires with each trigger pull. Not sure but I think either type can fire anywhere from one round to 3 or more with each trigger pull depending on the type of gun. I'm probably completely wrong and someone can correct me.

I don't know how long the grandparents had Taylor in their custody, but they may not have had many pictures of early years because she wasn't with them, they may not have been able to afford the costs of photos, or they may have been too grief stricken to go search for them in albums. I know in my family or funerals (even closed casket) I've never seen pics of the deceased displayed. It wouldn't be something that I would choose to do even if it is how others do things nowadays.

Every service I have been to in the last 2-3 years (at least 14 people from ages 4 to 99) has included a "Video Memorial" of the victim. Most (if not all) Funeral Homes offer that as part of their services - a slide show set to music to celebrate the life of the deceased. They are usually played during the funeral and are available for viewing after the funeral on the Funeral Home Web site (along with an online guest book) for 2-4 weeks after the service. I find them very comforting - while sad too. They are so nice because you can see the person in LIFE happy with all their favorite things, people etc. Skyla's was very touching and the songs were evidently chosen by the family as well.

Linda has photos of a younger Taylor at home and a photo of what looks to be a 4 or 5 yr old Taylor (who she calls Blue) with "Bud and Dash" (the GP's) on her site. So at that site there are at least two digital photos of a young Taylor including a very nice shot of her with her GP's (who are called her M&D on the site) by Linda (who refers to herself as Taylor's sister). I think there are other photos, but for whatever reason, the family used only photos of Taylor at school taken over the last 2 years. It's nice, but it isn't anything like Skyla's or any other one I have seen - and I have seen 4 Memorial Videos of children I knew at a funeral in the last 2 years. In 2 cases their families were pretty low income and not big "photo" people and had fewer photos than Taylors, but there were several of the child with various family members in them. That was what hit me so "odd" about Taylor's - no family photos, no home photos and no photos older than 2 years or so. May mean nothing, but it seems odd and I know there were photos availabe that weren't used.

The next "wave" will be headstones that play the memorial videos at the gravesite - it's already happening.

My Opinion

i suggested earlier they may have lost family photos in a fire, tornado or another disaster. or were too upset to assemble pics for the memorial.

memorial videos (usually made from photographs) are trendy in some areas of the country. here thay play on a loop over & over during the visitation & sometimes are shown at the actual memorial service. it's helpful sometimes to see the person in the pictures & remember them as alive & with family, frienmds & involved with activities they loved...... & the family has the dvd for remembrance. & the funeral home makes even more money taking advantage of grief...... i did use invisible font for that last sentence, didn't i ?

I just don't think writing hot checks or his arrest has anything to do with this. In the course of the investigation, they could have realized their oversite to arrest him before and took care of it. Or maybe they didn't know where Joe was living until they dove into the family tree for suspects. Sometimes, they won't go out and actively arrest them on a Bench Warrant, but if they are popped on a traffic violation or other...they will take them to jail for it.

You've gotta be kiddin' me SS. Taylor is just killed, along with her best friend, gunned down execution style, making national news and you don't think it's anything more than just the cops figured out he had a warrant from five years back?
They aren't going to arrest him for a five year old $50 hot check, when his family member was just executed in the road. Nope.
I see this as a true attempt by the LE to get Jr in their custody, protect him and keep him from the killer(s). Oh and to gain info from him too.

People connected with the family or family members that have had criminal run-ins with the law, that we know of so far:

Christopher Placker -- violent felony, Peter's son
Linda Kaye Placker -- bogus check, Peter's daughter
Joe Placker -- Bandidos, wife living at Peter's house
Mikal Caudle -- assault on a police officer (currently subject of an arrest warrent?) plus, whatever criminal case this is http://www.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=052-CM 0600000&County=052-
subject of 5 pages of love poems written by Linda Kaye Placker, listed with Christopher Placker in criminal case
Tony Paschal (lots of stuff!) -- not sure if he's related to the family, but there is an Uncle Tony on Linda's site.

People associated with family who've taken out protective orders
Anne Marie -- wife of Joe Placker
Touia Duncan -- identified by Linda as the wife of her brother "Willey."
:blowkiss: thanks

Every service I have been to in the last 2-3 years (at least 14 people from ages 4 to 99) has included a "Video Memorial" of the victim. Most (if not all) Funeral Homes offer that as part of their services - a slide show set to music to celebrate the life of the deceased. They are usually played during the funeral and are available for viewing after the funeral on the Funeral Home Web site (along with an online guest book) for 2-4 weeks after the service. I find them very comforting - while sad too. They are so nice because you can see the person in LIFE happy with all their favorite things, people etc. Skyla's was very touching and the songs were evidently chosen by the family as well.

Linda has photos of a younger Taylor at home and a photo of what looks to be a 4 or 5 yr old Taylor (who she calls Blue) with "Bud and Dash" (the GP's) on her site. So at that site there are at least two digital photos of a young Taylor including a very nice shot of her with her GP's (who are called her M&D on the site) by Linda (who refers to herself as Taylor's sister). I think there are other photos, but for whatever reason, the family used only photos of Taylor at school taken over the last 2 years. It's nice, but it isn't anything like Skyla's or any other one I have seen - and I have seen 4 Memorial Videos of children I knew at a funeral in the last 2 years. In 2 cases their families were pretty low income and not big "photo" people and had fewer photos than Taylors, but there were several of the child with various family members in them. That was what hit me so "odd" about Taylor's - no family photos, no home photos and no photos older than 2 years or so. May mean nothing, but it seems odd and I know there were photos availabe that weren't used.

The next "wave" will be headstones that play the memorial videos at the gravesite - it's already happening.

My Opinion

I know I lost about a whole year of taking pics of my grandkids after they came to live with me due to taking them to Walgreen's for developing. They totally ruined them, negatives and all. I have very few baby/toddler pictures of the youngest one due to that. Also, I've never invested in a digital cam.

Ok that is very far from their home then. I was under the impression the girls were just right down the road from home. Two 1/2 football fields is not even nowhere near home.

I just watched the repeat of Greta and noted that the reporter she interviewed prior to going to the film footage of the crime scene, stated that the girls bodies were found 2 - 2 1/2 football fields from the Placker driveway. That's a considerable distance down the road.

When the film footage of the crime scene was shown the LE stated that the girls left on their walk at "4:30 or thereafter." So, it sounds like they're a bit vague on the time the girls left, although it is quite a bit sooner that originally stated.

Ok that is very far from their home then. I was under the impression the girls were just right down the road from home. Two 1/2 football fields is not even nowhere near home.

I was under the impression that the girls were within about 300 feet of the Placker driveway, so I was surprised when the reporter said 2 - 2 1/2 football fields. The reporter is a local reporter, as I've seen his name on some news reports of the murders.

All other reports have placed the girls closer to home, so I wonder if that reporter is mistaken???

I was under the impression that the girls were within about 300 feet of the Placker driveway, so I was surprised when the reporter said 2 - 2 1/2 football fields. The reporter is a local reporter, as I've seen his name on some news reports of the murders.

All other reports have placed the girls closer to home, so I wonder if that reporter is mistaken???

Hi Leila
I believe it was previously stated that the girls were 300 YARDS (or 900 FEET)

I want to apologize for posting the telephone # and thanks to the person who removed them for me. I just went to do it only to find someone beat me to it.

I thought since it was public infomation that it could be posted. I will remember this for future reference when posting.

Again, thanks!!!

You've gotta be kiddin' me SS. Taylor is just killed, along with her best friend, gunned down execution style, making national news and you don't think it's anything more than just the cops figured out he had a warrant from five years back?
They aren't going to arrest him for a five year old $50 hot check, when his family member was just executed in the road. Nope.
I see this as a true attempt by the LE to get Jr in their custody, protect him and keep him from the killer(s). Oh and to gain info from him too.

Has anyone made a definite connection between this Joe Jr to Taylor. I know there was some talk about his wife having the same address as Taylor's grandparents, Peter and Vicki. However, no link was ever provided to prove that to be true.
A lot of people have the same last name and they aren't related, or they are very distant relatives. Also, if the cops knew enough to protect Joe Jr from this killer, then I assume they know who the killer is, or at least have an idea, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3