Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is "Roy" supposed to be from the area? Too bad that he misspelled Weleetka as Waleetka.
No, he's from Arkansas and just likes to post 'stuff' and act like he knows what's going on. I posted earlier that his ISP is from Elizabeth, AR and not even from Oklahoma============> :crazy: posters! :)

Okay~ I could find nothing on the AMW website that showed tonights line up of stories. Maybe someone watched it and will report back if the re-aired the girls stories.

I watched AMW and there was no mention of Taylor & Skyla's murders or any POI...."nodda"
I was very disappointed!

Thanks to those posters for reporting about AMW. It's happened before in cases we've followed here, they say it will be aired, and it isn't until a later date.

I watched AMW... nothing... not one darn thing... it kind of shocked me... I thought for sure that Walsh and company would have been banging this one out and demanding immediate attention to the case, from viewers.

On OSBI Website, Press Releases section.

Just for reference, the same OSBI forensic artist Harvey Pratt who sketched POI in this case also sketched a likeness of someone seen walking to an Okmulgee woman’s house in May 08, and the woman was then found beaten to death.

If you look at the two links, you’ll see the sketch Harvey created based on several witness descriptions in the first link and the real picture of the person they arrested 4 days later. Interesting to see how the sketch and real person compare.

Sketch: http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Press_Room/2008_Press_Releases/PR-2008-05-05__Sketch_Released_in_Okmulgee_Murder_Case.html

Person Arrested after sketch released: http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Press_Room/2008_Press_Releases/PR-2008-05-09_Okmulgee_Murder_Arrest.html

OSBI Press Release Archive: http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Press_Room/index.html

I watched AMW... nothing... not one darn thing... it kind of shocked me... I thought for sure that Walsh and company would have been banging this one out and demanding immediate attention to the case, from viewers.

Reminds me of the Greone case. At first it received such media attention but 2 weeks later when Natalee Holloway went missing the children's story dropped from sight. Not one photo.......nothing until 5 weeks later when Duncan brought Shasta into Denny's in her hometown.

So I guess other cases have replaced this case. That is very sad to think about imo.

On OSBI Website,
Just for reference, the same OSBI forensic artist Harvey Pratt who sketched POI in this case also sketched a likeness of someone seen walking to an Okmulgee woman’s house in May 08, and the woman was then found beaten to death.

If you look at the two links, you’ll see the sketch Harvey created based on several witness descriptions in the first link and the real picture of the person they arrested 4 days later. Interesting to see how the sketch and real person compare.

Sketch: http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Press_Room/2008_Press_Releases/PR-2008-05-05__Sketch_Released_in_Okmulgee_Murder_Case.html

Person Arrested after sketch released: http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Press_Room/2008_Press_Releases/PR-2008-05-09_Okmulgee_Murder_Arrest.html

OSBI Press Release Archive: [URL]http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Press_Room/index.html[/URL]

Thought this might help. The sketch looks like an older man. The pic looks like a much younger guy. jmo

Attachments

• drawings.JPG
    drawings.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 309
OMG! They said they were going to unless the POI had been found.

And surely if that had happened they would have reported that to the media and stated whether he has been ruled in or out.

imo

I started watching with only 30 minutes left, and nothing..nada on the case.

Thought this might help. The sketch looks like an older man. The pic looks like a much younger guy. jmo

Well many times it is the person's perception that is conveying and agreeing to the composite rather than the artist.

With there being many witnesses in this case I am sure they too have looked at the drawing and voiced their opinions that it does look like the POI.

imo

Yes, the sketch does look older, yet the description with it said "approximately 20 years old."

Thanks. How did you attach the pic like that?

Reminds me of the Greone case. At first it received such media attention but 2 weeks later when Natalee Holloway went missing the children's story dropped from sight. Not one photo.......nothing until 5 weeks later when Duncan brought Shasta into Denny's in her hometown.

So I guess other cases have replaced this case. That is very sad to think about imo.

Yes, but there isn't another "big" case going on right now, and two murdered kids would usually get some attention on AMW.
Are we sure it was said that AMW would do another segment tonight??

Cut & Paste Then shrank...
I am losing my mind there are things I read that I just do not remember seeing in the article the first time ie..

Mosher said drugs may have played a role in the death of his niece and her girlfriend.

"The girls might have walked up on some guys cooking dope," he said. "There's been more of that stuff going on here in the past two years."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/10/national/main4168258.shtml?source=related_story
A neighbor, Ross Padgett, said drugs and the criminal element are worse than ever.

"Marijuana, meth, coke, you name it," he said. "A number of the meth cookers are right over in this community. They are busting them so hard in the cities, they are going rural." He lifted his shirt to reveal a 9 mm pistol, saying, "I'm not worried."

He said his 10-year-old son, Dakota, arms himself with a knife when he goes out to play on the family's land. The boy has also been trained with a gun.

I can not even imagine raising kids in this enviornment. If my 10 yr old had to carry a knife to protect themselves while out playing I would be long gone to another area.

Cut & Paste Then shrank...
I am losing my mind there are things I read that I just do not remember seeing in the article the first time ie..

Mosher said drugs may have played a role in the death of his niece and her girlfriend.

"The girls might have walked up on some guys cooking dope," he said. "There's been more of that stuff going on here in the past two years."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/10/national/main4168258.shtml?source=related_story
A neighbor, Ross Padgett, said drugs and the criminal element are worse than ever.

"Marijuana, meth, coke, you name it," he said. "A number of the meth cookers are right over in this community. They are busting them so hard in the cities, they are going rural." He lifted his shirt to reveal a 9 mm pistol, saying, "I'm not worried."

He said his 10-year-old son, Dakota, arms himself with a knife when he goes out to play on the family's land. The boy has also been trained with a gun.

I can not even imagine raising kids in this enviornment. If my 10 yr old had to carry a knife to protect themselves while out playing I would be long gone to another area.

Busylady~
I can not imagine my daughter having to learn such things in childhood!
I would move ASAP.

JMO~

Tim Creech lives at the same address as a CS Brown - obviously he is not living alone, he is living with family. Creech's address is on E 1st St in the little town of Weleetka and is probably 5+ miles (or more) from the Placker home. I don't have the physical address of the Placker home to use to determine the exact distance between the two locations. It would defintely require a vehicle.

I wouldn't take too seriously the whole Tim Creech is the POI from a Tulsa World Forum. And the POI Sketch defnitely show a NA male with waist length black hair and brown (not hazel) eyes. At this point Creech comes up in association with Taylor and Skyla on Google. I think IF it was Creech, he would be in custody or LE would be looking for him by name and using an accurate description listing his correct hair and eye color and the tattoos etc.The POI sketch has not changed to reflect Tim Creech.

I wish we had some connection to LE just so we can find out IF Creech has been located and cleared or if he is missing. He is reporting his address (and is living with family) and has only been at that address for 3 or 4 weeks (probably he was in work-release elsewhere 1st) - it may be that he doesn't even have a car, a DL or access to a vehicle. The guy is a violent creep and obviously his personal and family history is ugly. He is being accused all over the place of murdering two children in cold blood - but the case is 2 weeks old tomorrow and as far as we know, Creech is neither in custody or wanted.

My Opinion

Tim Creech lives at the same address as a CS Brown - obviously he is not living alone, he is living with family. Creech's address is on E 1st St in the little town of Weleetka and is probably 5+ miles (or more) from the Placker home. I don't have the physical address of the Placker home to use to determine the exact distance between the two locations. It would defintely require a vehicle.

I wouldn't take too seriously the whole Tim Creech is the POI from a Tulsa World Forum. And the POI Sketch defnitely show a NA male with waist length black hair and brown (not hazel) eyes. At this point Creech comes up in association with Taylor and Skyla on Google. I think IF it was Creech, he would be in custody or LE would be looking for him by name and using an accurate description listing his correct hair and eye color and the tattoos etc.The POI sketch has not changed to reflect Tim Creech.

I wish we had some connection to LE just so we can find out IF Creech has been located and cleared or if he is missing. He is reporting his address (and is living with family) and has only been at that address for 3 or 4 weeks (probably he was in work-release elsewhere 1st) - it may be that he doesn't even have a car, a DL or access to a vehicle. The guy is a violent creep and obviously his personal and family history is ugly. He is being accused all over the place of murdering two children in cold blood - but the case is 2 weeks old tomorrow and as far as we know, Creech is neither in custody or wanted.

My Opinion

I wish LE would have another short presser..just to update the public. Maybe address some of the rumors, if they can.

Hello All~
I have a couple of questions:

1) Has it been confirmed that the girls had a gunshot through their mandible / floor of the mouth /(whatever you call it) I read that the girls (or at least one of them) had an open casket. If they had been the recipient of that kind of wound, would it be possible to have an open casket funeral?

2) Forgive my ignorance, but what advantages does having a forum on this crime serve? I do not know what a forum entails. If it is so advantageous, why do we not have one. Are their certain requirements that we have not met? (A certain # of posts, a certain # of days since the crime was committed, etc.............)

1) I'd like to know that as well.

2)I think :waitasec: that a forum is kinda like a book. The title would be Two girls killed in Oklahoma or something similar. When you click it open, it would have "chapters" or threads. You would see topics such as; ammunition, timeline, relatives, theories, media links, photos, etc. That way we file posts under specific categories and we wouldn't have to read and re-read all the threads and pages just to find something specific we are looking for.
Hope that's correct and makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members