Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't drive down that road today as I was running late. One of our insured's drove his car a little too far into the yard. The only collateral damage was the washing machine that was on the porch. I will on my next trip.

I'm going against the grain, and say that the locals have no clue who the killer is.
They might have juicier gossip and rumors, but that's about it.
imo

If they really knew anything this case would be solved by now.

Yes, I did. And I can tell you no one is worried about a killer on the loose

:eek: I can't watch the video! It keeps telling me I don't have the correct flash player or something to that effect.

:mad:

:eek: I can't watch the video! It keeps telling me I don't have the correct flash player or something to that effect.
:mad:
Probably because you're on Dial-Up and the program isn't on your computer.

I found this regarding the bridge/repair
[PDF]
XCOAWARD OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION BAMS/LAS - NOTICE ...

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
LOCATION : COUNTY BRIDGE OVER BAD CREEK, APPROX. 3.0 MILE SOUTH ... COUNTY: OKLAHOMA HIGHWAY NO.: MAY AVE. LENGTH: 0.0000 MILES. DESCRIPTION : BRIDGE REPAIR ...

If they really knew anything this case would be solved by now.

True. I think they have a lot of rumors and gossip, and that's about it.
I honestly think the poi is most likely the shooter, and is not connected to either girl through friends or family. If he was, they would've made an id on him already.

Tom's Girl:

Am I reading that right? That the entire road is only 0.2550 miles long?

Not even 1 mile long??? I'm assuming that's County Line Road, which means it really wasn't that far away then from the house.

On second thought, that's probably only the amount of mileage that the road work is going to be done on.

Guess the townspeople know either that the killer and/or killers are far away or they feel it's one of their own.

Is this the bridge at about 27 seconds, 44 seconds, 47 seconds?

http://www.koco.com/video/16591747/
Not sure if that's the bridge or not, but they were taking photos - I compiled a screen capture for the one around 27 seconds if this helps anyone...
Bridge_Video.jpg

ETA: If you guys find out that this IS the bridge, you have my permission to move the picture to the photo thread. I'm gonna go watch t.v. with DH and won't be back for awhile.

The only collateral damage was the washing machine that was on the porch. I will on my next trip.

LOL!

Yes, I did. And I can tell you no one is worried about a killer on the loose

My guess is the towns people know more than the police do.

Finally...a picture of the bridge and it looks just about how I expected it would. Thanks to whoever posted that video!

My guess is the towns people know more than the police do.

Finally...a picture of the bridge and it looks just about how I expected it would. Thanks to whoever posted that video!

You mean you think the town's people are protecting a murderer?

Surely if they knew anything at all the police would know it too. I cannot imagine anyone who really has any factual evidence concerning these murders not reporting it pronto so this case could be solved.

imoo

Surely if they knew anything at all the police would know it too. I cannot imagine anyone who really has any factual evidence concerning these murders not reporting it pronto so this case could be solved.

imoo

Well we know that not all the town's people are on the good side of the law. Then there's the fact that they might be scared to talk. Not everyone does the right thing. That's all I'm saying.

imoo

I totally and respectfully disagree. I can see people in a small town hushing and a small group knowing then maybe even more, but people hushing out of loyalty and fear. JMO, FWIW.

Not sure if that's the bridge or not, but they were taking photos - I compiled a screen capture for the one around 27 seconds if this helps anyone...
Bridge_Video.jpg

ETA: If you guys find out that this IS the bridge, you have my permission to move the picture to the photo thread. I'm gonna go watch t.v. with DH and won't be back for awhile.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure it is. At one point they mention that agents combed the dirt road, the bridge (and show the picture), and near the riverbed.

Other than the video with Choate, I couldn't find any pictures, videos or articles about Taylor having a dog, but Skyla did have a dog. Taylor may have had a dog too though.

GRACE: All I know about Skyla is what I've read in the newspapers, and looking at her photo. Can you tell me about her?
FARROW: Well, she was a typical tomboy. She lived out in the country. She loved animals, loved to fish. Every time she`d come over here in my yard, which they just lived about a hundred yards from me, all her animals would follow her over here.
She'd have five or six cats following her, her little dog and her goat. I'd get on to her daddy, I said, 'Now, don`t you let that goat eat my flowers,' because she'd always eat my flowers. I will miss that. I will miss her.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/12/nancy.grace/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/12/nancy.grace/index.html

Apologies if posted already.

6/25
Authorities have already visited the site looking for more evidence, the latest was over the weekend when agents conducted a three-mile-radius search of the area. Nothing was found.

The investigation is still intense, and Brown said more than 200 leads in the case have surfaced, and agents are still checking them out.

Authorities believe at least two killers were involved, because two caliber of bullets were used to slay the girls.

They also know what type of guns were used, but they would not release that information.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080625_12_WELEE62838

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members