Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
guy on greta said 'the immediate area'. for about 45 minutes. he also said at least said they know the kinds of guns used.
geez. something has to break soon..

Did they say what the perimeters/sq footage the canine's covered? Did the canine unit go into the woods, look for bullets, footprints, fabric torn on trees. Give me a break! If they haven't or weren't able to locate anything, that would mean the white truck loner dude is indeed the POI-suspect!

This video of the dog searching doesn't answer most of your questions, but here it is anyway.

http://www.kfor.com/Global/category.asp?C=139829

Why ARE the dogs searching for bullet casings to begin with?

I am confused. They already have some from the crime scene, according to what they have said. Why are they looking for more? Do they suspect that the kids in the truck may have done this..therefore they were searching the other areas along the road for similiar casings and then ballisitic test? If not..why would they even need more bullet casings then they already recovered?

The casings alone will not tell who did it or with what weapon until the weapon is retrieved. Maybe the dogs were actually looking for a weapon..but LE did not want to disclose that.

Family's Attorney Denies Malice In Misinformation

The family is speaking through their attorney who says it was a terrible mix-up, but insists that person of interest has been seen on their property.

The Okmulgee County Sheriff says 18-year old Brittany Stanton claimed the man broke into her home, which sets just a few miles from where the girls were killed.

~snip~

But, Stringer says the Stanton family has seen the man. He claims the family believes the man has been on their property, both before the girls died and after.

"Quite honestly I've been told things by other family members that would corroborate this child's sighting," said attorney Tom Stringer.

He says that history may be what led the 18 year old to call police and start a massive manhunt.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8555324

Yes, they graded the road. Maybe they have more shots than casings and wanted to find the rest.

Yes, they graded the road. Maybe they have more shots than casings and wanted to find the rest.

Well they said they were looking for bullet casings so imo you are right. They are coming up short according to the multiple shots that were done to the girls imo.

I remember a case one time where there were two guys that were in on a murder. One did not pick up his casings but the other one picked them up. Guess it is the individual.

If they picked them up here it makes me think it is someone who has hunted often and may use the casings again by reloading them. Which there is a machine that many hunters use where they reload their own bullets.

imoo

I have read all of the main threads for this case and I have watched Nancy Grace intermittently and I have not seen this addressed...Has a profiler like John Douglas talked about what kind of killer did this crime? I would be really interested to hear what they would have to say.

Hello Everyone!

Someone mentioned about the bridge, so I did some searching. The only thing I can find is this and I don't think it's the same one. But it did mention both Okfuskee County and Weleetka.

Here is the link for the picture:

http://okbridges.wkinsler.com/northcanadianbridge9.html

The photos on the previous link are of a bridge over the North Canadian River which flows south & west of Weleetka & highway 75. A caption says it's "located just a few miles west of Weleetka, in eastern Okfuskee County". South of Weleetka, the North Canadian dips into Hughes County before making a loop westward then north back into Ofuskee County.

The bridge where the girls had walked is on County Line Road 3890 over Bad Creek, a lesser waterway. The Placker residence & crime scene are on that road which is north & east of Weleetka.

I believe the Bad Creek bridge is all-concrete span which is a more recent design than the North Canadian River Bridge which is metal with an overhead truss & erected in 1927. My description is based on the following 2 sites:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/E1130+rd+%26+N3890+rd+weleetka+ok#a/maps/l::E1130+Rd+&+N3890+Rd:Weleetka:OK:74880:US:35.37688:-96.0875:intersection:Okmulgee+County/m:hyb:11:35.333214:-96.118609:0::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/hydro/fpoints/fpindex.php?fpid=weto2#photos

For an accurate understanding of the bridge of interest in this story, refer to the screen-capture stills posted by SieSie here in post # 73 & in Photos, Maps & Other Images post #s 15 & 20.

Oh, and what about the little dog that was w/ the girls?

I watched that first video again with the sheriff and he mentions "the little dog". ??? What the heck happened to it. Guess it showed back up eventually????

I asked about Taylor's dog here about a week ago. The only mention I remembered was in one of the earliest videos when Sheriff Choate said "the girls & little dog". I questioned whether the dog had been shot too. As far as I know, that has not been answered by investigation officials.

I have read all of the main threads for this case and I have watched Nancy Grace intermittently and I have not seen this addressed...Has a profiler like John Douglas talked about what kind of killer did this crime? I would be really interested to hear what they would have to say.

Excellent question! I certainly would like to hear a professional profiler state what sort of killer(s) are involved based on what is known. John Douglas is one of the best.

Pat Brown gave her take on this. I don't recall exactly what she said, but she thought it was sexual and to look for two young locals who spent most of their time together. (A lot of what she said didn't make sense to me especially since the POI doesn't fit into her scenario.)

While most of the photos show him on the leaner side, the one on the bike makes him look like he gained weight considerably. It is difficult to know what he would look like now as he has been on the run for so many years. None of those show him with a long pony tail and he has facial hair in every one of them, too. Not sure why we would be looking at him...did I miss something?

I asked about Taylor's dog here about a week ago. The only mention I remembered was in one of the earliest videos when Sheriff Choate said "the girls & little dog". I questioned whether the dog had been shot too. As far as I know, that has not been answered by investigation officials.
I wonder why? Maybe the Sheriff was mistaken and the dog wasn't with them as they first thought?

Well they said they were looking for bullet casings so imo you are right. They are coming up short according to the multiple shots that were done to the girls imo.

I remember a case one time where there were two guys that were in on a murder. One did not pick up his casings but the other one picked them up. Guess it is the individual.

If they picked them up here it makes me think it is someone who has hunted often and may use the casings again by reloading them. Which there is a machine that many hunters use where they reload their own bullets.

imoo
This killer/killers obviously didn't care if he/they left them as evidence since LE reported a "pile" of them. I would have to think he/they didn't pick any of them up which would possibly mean if they are "missing" some...the casings could have been inside the vehicle and not left behind. Bringing the dog in to try to find them was a good idea to rule out they were hidden by the grading of the road or off in the brush. (Gives me hope if they find the truck...they may find evidence to tie him directly to the crime inside.)

I wonder why? Maybe the Sheriff was mistaken and the dog wasn't with them as they first thought?

He could have been mistaken and maybe the dog wasn't with them. But I want to know if the dog was with them or not and was it killed too?

Choate said on 6/9 "We were able to track them and their little dog to the bridge and then on their return trip back."

My crazy thought for the day: What if the POI was driving down the road in the truck, the dog ran out, he swerved but hit it. Came to a stop parked askew, and then it escalated from there?

I know, crazy right? I think I'm losing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member