Skyline Groundskeeper says he saw no white truck -Timeline Clarified

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think baby birthdays have much if anything to do with the topic of this thread which is the Turf Tech guy and the white truck he didn't see.

You're right. Now I'd be really curious to know who it was that says they saw it parked there and why they believe it's Kaine Horman's truck.

You're right. Now I'd be really curious to know who it was that says they saw it parked there and why they believe it's Kaine Horman's truck.
Exactly! I would like to know that too. Who sez???

IMHO, it's not just about what the Turf Guy could see from where he was mowing grass, it's about what a person from the school, looking down at Turf Guy mowing grass, thought he could see.

And we know he could see some portion of the school from where he was mowing, because he saw the children come out the back door to look at the planters.

The issue is what he could see while mowing. He can see the whole side of the north side of the school without a problem. There is a pic of the door that goes out to the little garden area. http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/...ust%202010/?action=view&current=100_1477.jpg&

See the reflection of the field in the windows? That's where the kids most likely were coming out because the little garden area is right outside those doors: http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/...ust%202010/?action=view&current=100_1478.jpg&

However, you can't see the access road from those doors or the garden area and you can only see it from the very front of the field when standing at the backstop of the baseball area. Look at the access road when I'm standing on first base here: http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/...ust%202010/?action=view&current=100_1476.jpg&

The access road is on the west side by Skyline road and you cannot see a car or truck if it is parked there.

The issue is what he could see while mowing. He can see the whole side of the north side of the school without a problem. There is a pic of the door that goes out to the little garden area. http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/...ust%202010/?action=view&current=100_1477.jpg&

See the reflection of the field in the windows? That's where the kids most likely were coming out because the little garden area is right outside those doors: http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/...ust%202010/?action=view&current=100_1478.jpg&

However, you can't see the access road from those doors or the garden area and you can only see it from the very front of the field when standing at the backstop of the baseball area. Look at the access road when I'm standing on first base here: http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/...ust%202010/?action=view&current=100_1476.jpg&

The access road is on the west side by Skyline road and you cannot see a car or truck if it is parked there.

Is it true that anyone drivig up the access road would have seen the groudskeeper's truck ? Might they have heard the mower ? IF TH was driving on the access road,she was foolhardy in the extreme. And,it somehow strikes a false note,if one believes that this was hyper planned...

All JMO

Is it true that anyone drivig up the access road would have seen the groudskeeper's truck ? Might they have heard the mower ? IF TH was driving on the access road,she was foolhardy in the extreme. And,it somehow strikes a false note,if one believes that this was hyper planned...

All JMO

I can't remember where the groundskeeper said he parks his truck? I would imagine it was just on the other side of the wire "gate". (It isn't really a gate, just a wire along the entrance so no one parks on the track)

This whole area is much smaller than I think many realize. Yes, you would hear the mower from the access road, but you still can't see the access road from 95% of the field. The access road is on a an incline going up to the field. It is only about 4 or 5 car lengths I think. It really isn't very long. It is more of a driveway than a road.

My main issue with the access road is that it is below that chain link fence where the Wall of Hope is now. A child couldn't run out the front entrance of the school to the truck because the fence is in the way. If he ran out the side facing the field, the groundskeeper could have seen him go down the steps to the last portion of the track and to the truck, but he might not have if the mower was facing the other way. And yes, that would be a pretty ignorant plan for someone snatching a child.

I can't remember where the groundskeeper said he parks his truck? I would imagine it was just on the other side of the wire "gate". (It isn't really a gate, just a wire along the entrance so no one parks on the track)

This whole area is much smaller than I think many realize. Yes, you would hear the mower from the access road, but you still can't see the access road from 95% of the field. The access road is on a an incline going up to the field. It is only about 4 or 5 car lengths I think. It really isn't very long. It is more of a driveway than a road.

My main issue with the access road is that it is below that chain link fence where the Wall of Hope is now. A child couldn't run out the front entrance of the school to the truck because the fence is in the way. If he ran out the side facing the field, the groundskeeper could have seen him go down the steps to the last portion of the track and to the truck, but he might not have if the mower was facing the other way. And yes, that would be a pretty ignorant plan for someone snatching a child.

ITA, I can't see anyone telling Kyron to dart out and meet a truck. He's a 7 year old boy.What if he got distracted ? What if one of his friends,or a teacher, chaperone asked him qhere he was going ? It's just a plan fraught with potential failure. imo

I'm not seeing anywhere in the article that was posted stating this was the first time he was interviewed by LE. As noted below, he clarified his timeline to investigators Friday morning when they met early Friday to go over his timeline in detail. I think it's highly unlikely that this gentleman being a city/county employee would have not notified LE immediately that he was on the premises of the school that morning. JMO

The article states...

A groundskeeper, who was mowing the soccer field at Skyline School the morning Kyron Horman disappeared, clarified his timeline to investigators Friday morning and it differs slightly from what he told a KATU News reporter earlier in the week.

He met with two detectives and a deputy district attorney at Skyline School early Friday to go over his timeline in detail.

Stensen told investigators that he left Skyline School as late as 8:45 a.m. or 9 a.m., which means he could have missed seeing the Horman truck being in the two spots investigators are interested in, especially since he spent his time and attention at the school mowing the soccer field.

Investigators say that puts him on the gravel road outside of the critical half-hour window they want to know about since they have witnesses who saw someone in or around the Hormans’ truck during that time.

Still, authorities said it was helpful to have spoken to Stensen in depth.

Isn't it painfully obvious that they hadn't spoken with him previously, nor to be precise, they hadn't questioned him in depth?

That is just plain negligent police work. A child is missing and the investigators charged with finding him fail to interview the very people who were at the scene of the crime. I find that astounding and frankly dismaying. Poor Kyron.

People can have things happen right in front of them and not notice. I have had a student walk into the classroom and if I was very engaged in something, I might not notice him or her until I looked up and saw a seat that was no longer empty. Both activities that require intense focus and those that are very routinized off opportunities for people to miss what is going on around them. It would be meaningful, I think, if he seen a white truck; it is far less so that he didn't, regardless of time. He could have just missed it, concentrating on work or thinking about something else.

This thread went way OT from the original topic. I'm closing this one and moving all the posts from yesterday and today to this new one so we'll have more freedom: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115171"]Discussion about Skyline, the groundskeeper, trucks - Looking for Clues - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephenWiltshire