Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM

I'm guessing that one of the times Casey was re-arrested, she had the notebook on her and it was confiscated?

Thanks MM I had not thought of that. I was thinking LE took it from the home but how would they have recognized it's importance since it contained no names? Being in her notebook makes much more sense.

Also thanks for the info on Christina.

BBM

I'm guessing that one of the times Casey was re-arrested, she had the notebook on her and it was confiscated?

In LA's depo he tell SA that KC had a binder that she would bring with her to JB's office in which she kept notes on discovery, etc. He had that binder for a couple of months and when no one asked for it he put the binder and KC's "Bat" cellphone into a box and left them in the garage at his parent's house. KC went back to jail in October, a couple of months would be around December. Maybe LE found the box during their search on 12/11/08.

I don't have legal knowledge, but I understand your premise of the possibility of attorney client privilege being involved. And it seems reasonable to me that JB could/would object on those grounds.

What I don't get is if there was attorney client privilege, how would the SAO get their hands on these documents in order to photograph them and make an exhibit out of them? KWIM? I wouldn't think that JB would be under any obligation to furnish them, since it would seem that this sort of thing would be privileged. The document on the right seems like someone was just randomly jotting on that page!

I wonder if whoever was responsible for rounding up those items and Fed Ex'ing them to the FBI was clumsy enough to stick those pages in the box with everything else? JB about herniated himself objecting so strenuously to any conversation about them. If indeed they are privileged and just wound up in the wrong hands, I understand his objection, and wouldn't want there to be any fallout for the SA for having published them. Do you think JB knows the difference between the terms "sealed" & "privileged"?

Interesting to me that the first portions of CA's deposition just abruptly stopped as this subject came up. Then the last 100 or so pages turned up later. It's as though the SA wanted to assure that they had their ducks in a row, so to speak, before letting the last of it out.

I am guessing that CA made and kept a copy of anything she gave JB and of course this could have been in the package that BC delivered to the SAO under court order. Just a guess.

I don't have legal knowledge, but I understand your premise of the possibility of attorney client privilege being involved. And it seems reasonable to me that JB could/would object on those grounds.

What I don't get is if there was attorney client privilege, how would the SAO get their hands on these documents in order to photograph them and make an exhibit out of them? KWIM? I wouldn't think that JB would be under any obligation to furnish them, since it would seem that this sort of thing would be privileged. The document on the right seems like someone was just randomly jotting on that page!

I wonder if whoever was responsible for rounding up those items and Fed Ex'ing them to the FBI was clumsy enough to stick those pages in the box with everything else? JB about herniated himself objecting so strenuously to any conversation about them. If indeed they are privileged and just wound up in the wrong hands, I understand his objection, and wouldn't want there to be any fallout for the SA for having published them. Do you think JB knows the difference between the terms "sealed" & "privileged"?

Interesting to me that the first portions of CA's deposition just abruptly stopped as this subject came up. Then the last 100 or so pages turned up later. It's as though the SA wanted to assure that they had their ducks in a row, so to speak, before letting the last of it out.

BBM
I totally agree with you here Ruby! Earlier in this depo there was also reference to GA's suicide note and they were extremely careful with what and how things were said as they knew this was "on the record". They ain't no dummies.

I also remember we were all salivating (ok, I know at least I and some that were) about the possibilities of ever seeing these depos and that they were not going to be made available unless they were requested by the other party. The SAO would be very careful on what is attached as exhibit to this depo before releasing it. They aren't, IMHO, going to let an accidental slip happen...again. There is/was a reason for the last 100 pages coming out separate from the rest of the pages.

On another note, doncha just love these "digital" depos? I love the last pages indicating the number of times each word is used. Very helpful info on deciphering things that were said. George for example said "don't know" 301 times during his depo. :twocents:

I had this saved, good thing because the link no longer works:

"Life is always brighter with a smile," said Miami, Fla. native Christina Baez. While Christina, like most Miami natives, loves the beach, her home and heart is in the Swamp. Christina, this year's PRSSA Tresurer, dreamt of being a Gator and a Gator cheerleader since she was 7 years old, when she lived with her mother in on-campus housing, just a few steps away from Christina's freshman year dorm.

Now a senior, Christina has been a member of the Florida Competitive Cheerleading Orange team for three seasons. She also has a background in media relations and crisis management matched by few other public relations students. During the summer of 2008, Christina was hired by her father, Jose Baez, to handle all media relations in the Casey Anthony case and the search for her missing daughter, Caylee Anthony. During this period, Christina handled all national and local media appearances for her father in print, network and cable television, and radio. Christina has worked closely with major print publications such as People magazine and the Orlando Sentinel. She also worked daily with major network shows such as Good Morning America, NBC's Today show, Fox American News Live and ABC's 20/20. She has worked with programs on CNN, including Larry King Live and Nancy Grace.

Christina's ultimate dream is to travel the world. In the past few years, Christina has visited several popular destinations such as Southern Europe, Morocco, New York City, Las Vegas and the Bahamas. She has combined her passion for traveling and Public Relations, and is currently interning with Contiki Holidays in their Field Marketing Internship program on-campus. Christina will graduate in May 2009 as a Public Relations major with minors in Spanish and Leadership.

http://grove.ufl.edu/~prssa/board.html

I'm tempted to believe she gets her resume writing skills from her dad.
The Bar had him rewrite his :waitasec:

My memory of back then was that the interviewer mentions the "compromising photos" and GA states that he had seen them and that they made him throw up (not that he actually bent over and threw up during the interview). THere should be a link to the video because I am remembering "hearing" it as opposed to "reading" it

I distinctly remember (and sorry I don't have a link) that it was during an interview with LE on video with either Yuri or John Allen or FBI - GA got sick, they had to let him go out and the detectives were saying he was in the john puking his guts up. It had to do with the smell in the car. GA was sitting at the table and he kept leaning over - he definitely got physically sick - not on video but had to leave.

BBM

Could be, but I'd think that CA would have recognized the writing? IDK.

I am DYING to get a good look @ the page on the right side. Good luck and God speed, MM!! Thank you for being there for all of us!

Thanks MM I had not thought of that. I was thinking LE took it from the home but how would they have recognized it's importance since it contained no names? Being in her notebook makes much more sense.

Also thanks for the info on Christina.

Christina is on Twitter and she used to have her updates in public mode. Several months ago she tweeted, "If one more person asks me if I know Casey Anthony I'm going to scream, I have never even met her" (not exact wording but close).
Well, someone tweeted back to her that she must know Casey since she worked at he father's law office at the same time Casey practically lived there w/her day long visits.
Right after that she made her tweets private.

In LA's depo he tell SA that KC had a binder that she would bring with her to JB's office in which she kept notes on discovery, etc. He had that binder for a couple of months and when no one asked for it he put the binder and KC's "Bat" cellphone into a box and left them in the garage at his parent's house. KC went back to jail in October, a couple of months would be around December. Maybe LE found the box during their search on 12/11/08.

It's possible!! The search warrant included notebook type items.

And if they have George's binder, they're not letting on!!

I am guessing that CA made and kept a copy of anything she gave JB and of course this could have been in the package that BC delivered to the SAO under court order. Just a guess.

I made a mental note while viewing the exhibit in question that both pages were torn out of a spiral notebook, and I'll admit that I'm too lazy to go back and confirm that. If my eyes weren't deceiving me, they're definitely not your standard photocopies. FWIW.

It's possible!! The search warrant included notebook type items.

And if they have George's binder, they're not letting on!!
I saw CA with a binder .I saw KC with a binder.Never saw GA with a binder.Maybe he's claiming that's his binder that LE took,but it was KC's ?

Agree, I think Mac is on the right track, too.

However, I think that Mac is also trying to point out that the SA would like to get additional details on the record - besides discussion about the sealed items specifically. I *think* JB somehow weaseled out of the 'how is KC paying for her defense' line of questioning and that the SA is trying to get it on record that KC took JB more than what is on that list of sealed items, KWIM?

I agree that sleuthing the list of sealed items is necessary, I just happen to think that what the SA was trying to get on record won't be found on the list.

I agree-Since they all acknowledged it was sealed, they probably will not release the detail that we are looking for.

I just went back and reread those few pages again. I believe it was a handwritten list done by JB asking KC to bring certain items from home that he could hawk for money. That is probably what the Ethics Violation complaint is about. He is petrified that something will be put into the record about it. Too funny when Aston says "the person who CAN spill the beans when asked a question, could spill the bean at any time if so inclined" or close to that sentence. Meaning, CA could open her big yap without even being asked a question and let the cat out of the bag. Also, AL says that ANYBODY can infer from the continued line of questioning what the document was...i.e., when they were asking about photos or videos of Caylee...anybody could put the two together..JB made a list asking for these items...KC complied.

Inline with my frame someone else through planting evidence theory (posts 164 and 175), it's interesting to note the closeness in date from the doc on left (9/8 & 9 of 2008) to JB's motion filed on 10/3, 2008 requesting he and KC be allowed to travel, in secret to, as he put it "assist in the search for her missing 3-year-old daughter Caylee"

Specific motion can be accessed at (starts on page 13) [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2779516&postcount=47"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Official Documents-Audio-Arrest Updates No Discussion[/ame]

And here's Bob Kealing reporting on the motion for anyone who cares
http://www.wesh.com/video/17634202/index.html

WESH Article
http://www.wesh.com/news/17633376/detail.html

I saw CA with a binder .I saw KC with a binder.Never saw GA with a binder.Maybe he's claiming that's his binder that LE took,but it was KC's ?

That comment was in regard to GA's deposition. He went on & on, saying that he had a binder w/175 or so pages of his personal notes that was in the house when they left to go on LKL in Dec. When they were eventually able to return to their home, he said it was missing. He said that LE and JH were the only ones in the house and asked if OCSD had it.
He claims he can't think without it! :waitasec: They just blew him off...

was DC work related items sealed? or privileged ?

could the note handwritting be from someone working with DC?

Thinking....when CA says * i didnt give that to him*......i thought first she was talking about JB.....but could she have been talking about DC?

could the info/evidence have been from the sealed interview with LE?

or even info from GA grand jury ?
that could be why SA wants the notes of the grand jury :biggrin:
just a thought :)

its very interesting that its not new new's for SA....but it was for CA...and JB didnt want us to all know :biggrin:

sumptin up....

I know that Baez uses the email JoseBGood. But please don't use it here. thanks.

Inline with my frame someone else through planting evidence theory (posts 164 and 175), it's interesting to note the closeness in date from the doc on left (9/8 & 9 of 2008) to JB's motion filed on 10/3, 2008 requesting he and KC be allowed to travel, in secret to, as he put it "assist in the search for her missing 3-year-old daughter Caylee"

Specific motion can be accessed at (starts on page 13) Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Official Documents-Audio-Arrest Updates No Discussion

And here's Bob Kealing reporting on the motion for anyone who cares
http://www.wesh.com/video/17634202/index.html

WESH Article
http://www.wesh.com/news/17633376/detail.html

Right,
I remember him trying to pull that. Fortunately, JS is not as dumb as JB must think he is!

That comment was in regard to GA's deposition. He went on & on, saying that he had a binder w/175 or so pages of his personal notes that was in the house when they left to go on LKL in Dec. When they were eventually able to return to their home, he said it was missing. He said that LE and JH were the only ones in the house and asked if OCSD had it.
He claims he can't think without it! :waitasec: They just blew him off...

didn't GA have a white binder with him when he went before the GJ?
going to look for photo . . .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abs2021
Back