SM as a potential focus of the investigation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought it odd how I haven't come across much (in the way of people coming forward to talk about the family) from friends/family (except the grandma early on, I think?). But this friend coming forward saying TH is due to take another polygraph tomorrow, it makes me uneasy. LE won't answer about the poly, so that to me says they aren't ready to divulge info regarding it. So the friend coming out and saying what she did? Wrong wrong wrong. I find it interesting, but I hope it's not damaging to the case somehow. :(

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

from Oregonlive article.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Whaaat? If this is true, that is some bogusness right there.

LE should be able to verify if there was in fact a Dr's appointment scheduled.....if there wasn't...well.....

I am trying to remember a case where the suspect fully cooperated with LE from day one and kept continuing to do so. Most of the ones I can remember may have done an initial interview and next thing we know they had lawyered up pretty quickly.
IMO

Because it came to mind and it has been brought up....

Susan Smith never even got angry up until the Agent accused her of murdering her children. Even after that she was still cooperative, considering. She took several polygraphs (never passed one especially on "Do you know where your children are") just didn't tell them the truth. But she never refused to be interviewed by LE.

A few other interesting notes about Susan Smith's case:

The Sheriff also defended Susan very strongly for the first couple of days. It was only after the FBI and other LE came in that they began to see the inconsistencies and the Sheriff began to see it. The "crying without tears" was of concern as were slight inconsistencies.

There was also a cop who intentionally got quite close to Susan Smith, to gain her trust.

They were concerned if they pushed her too hard she might commit suicide.

They intentionally built up the media frenzy to apply pressure to Susan. Press conferences they held were specifically scripted to do so.

They actually even planned to make a fake newspaper with an article about a woman who killed her children, served a short jail sentence, then got out and married a wealthy doctor. To try and convince her to confess so she could have a better life. But that wasn't needed.

It was that original Sheriff that so defended her, that knew some of her family... who ended up getting her to confess. Just simply during another interrogation after 9 days... By praying with her.

It was also noted that Susan submerging them in water was "womb-like" and that this is common in mother's who murder their children. Submerging them in water or wrapping them in plastic. Also that they are found within ten miles of their home.

Susan Smith's case was really quite... advanced for it's time. Considering the investigative avenues that were not yet available to them, they got pretty creative.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/smith/index_1.html

BBM

I am very uncomfortable with any newspaper that uses "may have been on the island the day he disappeared."

When I see news site that use " may have" "could have" "possibly" I am very reluctant to put much validity in the article. IMOO"

I believe the tentativeness of the statements are simply because the sources cannot be named by the paper at this time.

I suppose a child could disappear after deceased, but that is a curious use of the word alive, isn't it?

As I pointed out previously more than once, the word alive was NOT in the press conference statement today. That was misprinted and repeated over and over and over. See my transcription of the presser in the thread on that topic.

Can we discuss what dinner must have been like tonight at the Korman house? My theory is that it was a little strained.
JMHO.

Perhaps it included a basket of fresh fruit from Kruger's Farm Market? :cursing:

I'm having trouble with the flyer. I think it's a red herring. I think it's a "clear Terri" flyer. Not a "witch hunt Terri" flyer. I think it's another sweep for tips. I just explained my thoughts o this in some detail on the flyer thread.

I'm having trouble that LE says the truck is NOT part of the investigation - and media, it seems, can't prove otherwise. Also, they had enough time to collect evidence from the Horman's vehicles and quite possible, if this was as hi priority as it appeared, to get that evidence back. It would have been the only evidence they collected - of a forensic-lab nature - I think...other than computer evidence...

I'm having trouble believing that today's developments point to Terri as their serious suspect.

I think they have information and belief about someone else.

My next post might have to be "all the reasons I can't care about FB or body language". Because, frankly, I don't. Neither does LE IMO, really - Unless it's FB for time-stamp forensics or photo records or developing contact lists. (this family at both Pressers, are 7 and 10 days into this horror - they are completely exhausted - beyond tired - normal body language cues fly out the window. They all look and act like zombies. Exception being Tony. What I do pick up - looks a lot like evidence of medication. :cow:

LE did say they would not need a body to make an arrest.

LE was asked "Would you need to find KYRON to make an arrest."

Sheriff Staton said "No."

So, this could technically apply to a kidnapping or a homicide... it was Kyron, not a body that was asked about. Just to clarify. I remember that one very clearly... I couldn't believe he answered it!

Does that mean they had a problem with the first polygraph?

Horman told Finster, "I just don't know what's going on. This is what I did that day."

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.
From the above link.

I don't like this. It's like she's making excuses.

WOW! That is some article!

The article brings up the appointment on Friday but states it was for the following Friday... HMMM intresting, I wonder if she said I have to take Kyron to the doctor on Friday or on Friday June 11.

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment

I'm trying to think of a reason why a teacher would have paperwork to fill out for a doctor's appointment. One thing that comes to mind is a personal story: my husband was diagnosed a few years ago with adult ADHD. One thing that surprised me was how much paperwork had to be filled out - from parents, relatives, friends, school report cards. I imagine that there could be many kinds of assessments done on a child that would request the imput of a teacher.

from Oregonlive article.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Whaaat? If this is true, that is some bogusness right there.

Sounds to me like somethings were planned in advance. If it was known this teacher doesnt hear well. Than that sounds like a perfect excuse, to discredit the teacher later. "I told her the following Friday, not this Friday, you know she cant hear well."
I see a scenerio like this. Tell the teacher the day before Kyron has an appointment on Friday. Go to the Fair but tells Kyron he has an appointment, they leave, nothing suspicious... Teacher thinks Kyron went to his appointment, no red flags. Kyron is taken somewhere and whatever happens. Comes back waits for the bus, calls the school "Kyrons missing"... The teacher miss understood because she has bad hearing....:banghead:

The article brings up the appointment on Friday but states it was for the following Friday... HMMM intresting, I wonder if she said I have to take Kyron to the doctor on Friday or on Friday June 11.

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment

I must have missed something and hope it's okay to ask. Was ADD suspected? After 3 grandsons with it, I can hardly believe that a child with such a good project, and such good behavior has ADD! This is becoming very chilling. It's getting hard to take after noticing how much Kyron looks like one of my grandsons.

O/T

My son just called from Portland and said Kyron's flyers are all over the MAX, which is the public transportation system. He wanted to know if he was found.

I only see one reason to take a SECOND polygraph......................

just sayin'

Oh and also in that article - it says that TH said that Kyron's teacher is a new teacher - first year - WRONG!!!! It was stated in the media early on that Kyron's teacher - Miss Porter. Well, Miss Porter has been at Skyline for the past 2 years - so - oppsy there TH better be careful with your words.

WHY did Kyron not live with his bio mom? I have asked 1000 times and still don't know. Does bio mom have children with her husband? I am not feeling well and keep falling asleep and have missed alot of the details, but I am wide awake now and sure wish someone would tell me these things!:banghead:

Here, let me see if I can help you... since you don't feel well and all. Take a deep breath.... :)

My personal theory is this: Kyron's Mom is a Nurse and his Stepdad is a Detective, both of which are very demanding jobs. Kyron's Dad works full time but his Stepmom is a stay at home Mom. It may have just been decided that a stay at home parent was the best place at the time? That has never been stated, but there has also not been evidence of a custody battle or contentious relationship between parents. So that is the best theory I can think of.

Kyron's Mom I believe has at least one older boy, but I do not know of any younger children with his Stepdad.

Hope that helps... and I hope you feel better. :)

I'm trying to think of a reason why a teacher would have paperwork to fill out for a doctor's appointment. One thing that comes to mind is a personal story: my husband was diagnosed a few years ago with adult ADHD. One thing that surprised me was how much paperwork had to be filled out - from parents, relatives, friends, school report cards. I imagine that there could be many kinds of assessments done on a child that would request the imput of a teacher.

If we knew ahead of time that we were taking our child out of school for a full day, we had the teacher fill out a prearranged form that listed what was going on in class so we could keep them up to date.

I don't remember ever doing that when I was just taking my child to a doctor's appt. though.

There hasn't been anything released in the media that he had ADD.

I must have missed something and hope it's okay to ask. Was ADD suspected? After 3 grandsons with it, I can hardly believe that a child with such a good project, and such good behavior has ADD! This is becoming very chilling. It's getting hard to take after noticing how much Kyron looks like one of my grandsons.

Just last night I ran across a statement released very, very early in this that said, and I paraphrase " Kyron is...height, weight, etc.... then: Kyron may have adhd. He might be afraid of policemen.'

I had not seen that before, but had heard someone else mention it and thought later how odd it was since one of the few things we are told later is that he wants to be one when he grows up and the step dad is one. It jumped right out at me.

But, I just looked all over and I can't find that release again. I wasn't looking for it last night, just stumbled on it.

Does anyone remember where that was?

I really don't know if it has been previously suspected - If you got the idea about ADD from my post above; I was only trying to think of a reason why a parent would let a teacher know a week in advance of a doctor's appointment that would require paperwork - my husband's diagnosis came to mind. I have no knowledge at ALL if this applies to this case.

Just last night I ran across a statement released very, very early in this that said, and I paraphrase " Kyron is...height, weight, etc.... then: Kyron may have adhd. He might be afraid of policemen.'

I had not seen that before, but had heard someone else mention it and thought later how odd it was since one of the few things we are told later is that he wants to be one when he grows up and the step dad is one. It jumped right out at me.

But, I just looked all over and I can't find that release again. I wasn't looking for it last night, just stumbled on it.

Does anyone remember where that was?

I don't know where it is but I remember that, too.

IMO, this article was either planned by SM and Finster, or SM has been betrayed.

Perhaps someone else will have proof of this, or will remember for sure. But I am quite certain that this woman is a very close friend of Terri's. I remember it because of the spelling of Jaymie (Finster) but I can't remember precisely why I remember her. Is anyone else remembering her being a prominent figure in the beginning as well? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maineguy1961