Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does anyone know whether CH was actually strapped all the way in? Has that information been reported?

No, we don't know how strapped in he was yet. I would say we do know that he was in the seated position when he died.

Small detail that bugs me:

Ross texted when are you picking up my buddy?

Leanna never texted when did you drop off Cooper?

Both were worried about hot car death.

I'm not putting a lot of stock in the fact that RH cursed the cops when they told him to get off the phone. Once, my car was hit from behind, and I was in the middle of a phone conversation with my son at the time the cops arrived at the scene. They literally screamed at me to get off the phone--vein popping, spitting, screaming at me to hang up the phone. All I was doing was letting my son know I was going to be late coming home from work because of the accident. If I were in a situation where my son was dead, I would probably have screamed obscenities at them, too...I still tell the story of how disrespectfully the cops talked to me that day, and that was at least 15 years ago.

I would think it's incredibly disrespectful to be on the phone when law enforcement shows up and then to remain on the phone...beyond rude. IMO I don't care if the Pope is on the other end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cruise info is revealing!!! Other than "forgetting" your kid in a hot car, the "accidentally overboard" on a cruise is next in line for difficulty in proving a crime was committed. Why not just take the family to Disney if you're such a wonderful daddy Ross?

Methinks the scarcity of bikinis and sunglasses (to hide ogling) might have something to do with it...???

The video shows that Harris does stop briefly, but his eyes are on his cellphone, which he pokes at with his free hand. He never looks back at the man who walks past his car.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2014/07/21/questions-police-account-child-death-hot-car/fNCwGu2GIj9KZefvm40BBP/story.html

I love how the media is dutifully reporting this totally useless information. It doesn't matter if his eyes are on his cellphone or not. The cops know whether he was just looking at a blank cell phone to avoid interaction with the man or was actually engaged in a text or conversation and, if so, with whom. JMO

Agreed MyBelle. Not seeing the discrepancy in what Stoddard described seeing in the surveillance tape and what the reporter describes seeing. You don't have to look up and watch someone pass in order to be aware of their presence in you peripheral vision. What is disputed is not the actions on the video which are basically described the same by both camps viewing. What is disputed is the motive behind the actions. ETA only RH can say what his motivations would be in those moments and I can't exactly take his word because well, he is a liar liar pants on fire IMO

Great. Now we'll be hearing that he has no peripheral vision either.

"Y'all" are stating what I am thinking... Stoddard's testimony about RH stopping in the parking lot after the other person passed was very detailed & descriptive; imo, he was trying as best he could to explain what the video shows in lack of the presence of the video for the PCH. IOW, he saw something definitive or his instinct kicked in on the slightest nuance of behavior... imo.

AJC article states there was no turning of the head or watching this other person, just poking at the phone, blah blah blah.... like you've all said, subjective & we'd like to see it -- I'm thinking even if AJC article is totally accurate & everyone in the world but Stoddard agrees, RH still paused at that time for a reason, "poked at" his phone at that time for a reason... whether he was frozen for a second or he was actually waiting out to see whether there would be "reaction" or "no reaction", who knows? He didn't have to be looking directly at the person -- I'm sure he had SOME peripheral vision... and at least one of his ears worked -- enough to hear a startled reaction from a passerby that might have seen a dead child in a car.

Yep and that also means everyone who works had to book off time at work to coordinate this cruise. Did Leanna book time off work? Did Ross?

Between accounts of LH stating it wasn't the time to have more kids and the turned down promotion... I wonder if RH mentioned the cruise and LH said, "hell no are you friggin kidding me with this we're supposed to buy a house and you screw around all day at work so you lost the promotion so we're stuck here longer and you can forget about more kids because you're not touching me until you get tested and you just bought another damn guitar" and shot that down very quickly -- whether it was financial reasons or just knowing that the only person truly enjoying the cruise in that household would be RH, who knows?

jmo

I suppose the person he was on the phone with can testify to hearing Ross saying *advertiser censored** you to the officer. If he was actually on the phone with anyone that is. If he was on hold, he could have told the officer that. Does Ross have an anger management problem, I wonder? JMO

:sigh:

I refuse to climb back on that :rollercoaster:

I know he was strapped in based on Stoddard's testimony I don't really care if anyone else feels certain of that or not. Not my job to convince anyone of anything.

People believe what they want on that issue. I believe Stoddard and I believe that Cooper would not have still been in that seat when he died if he was not tightly bound (strapped) there. The child had abrasions to the back of his head and scratches on his face where he had struggled, clawing to try to get out.

Nothing will ever convince me that he was not completely strapped in and uncomfortable as all hell on a normal car ride in that seat set the way it was. On the day of his death I cannot even imagine the terror, the pain and discomfort.

If Ross didn't want someone coming too close to the car, was he going to stare the person down or seem preoccupied? This point was never the strongest for me in terms of anything important anyway.

If Ross didn't want someone coming too close to the car, was he going to stare the person down or seem preoccupied? This point was never the strongest for me in terms of anything important anyway.

IMO ... He stopped to see if the person noticed. When he was sure the passerby didn't notice, he continued on.

"3 out of 4 Car Seats are Not Used Correctly"

http://blog.usa.gov/post/91059214885/three-out-of-four-car-seats-are-not-used-correctly

While I don't agree with parents who are not fastidious in the use of car seats for their children, I don't know if we're prepared to slap child abuse and neglect charges on all of these people....

I don't consider the car seat as a tool in a murder plot in this case.

Evie Ivy Over, that is certainly your prerogative. The 3 out of 4 stat is equivalent to saying just because the law states my child must be fitted properly in the carseat, I will overlook this law since so many others do it, too. Those stats are insignificant when we are talking about breaking the state laws of GA by overlooking the safety of children.

Car Seats and Booster Seats
Must be in the back seat of the vehicle (See exceptions below).
Must be appropriate for the child’s height and weight.
Meet all federal standards.
Must be installed per the manufacturer’s instructions.

http://www.carseatlaws.com/georgia-car-seat-laws

Penalties:

Georgia Car Seat Law Fines
First (1st) Conviction – $50 Maximum
Second (2nd) and future convictions – $100 Maximum

Georgia Car Seat Law Driver License Points
First (1st) Conviction – 1 Point
Second (2nd) and future convictions – 2 Points

IMOO, Cooper could not release the buckles holding the straps in place on either of his two car seats so the result would have been the same. Being placed in an infant's seat makes the crime appear more sinister because the 22mo child had obviously outgrown the smaller infant's seat. If true, then, JRH was breaking a state law that 13th day in June and should have been slapped with a fine on top of his arrest.

moo and atj

Evie Ivy Over, that is certainly your prerogative. The 3 out of 4 stat is equivalent to saying just because the law states my child must be fitted properly in the carseat, I will overlook this law since so many others do it, too. Those stats are insignificant when we are talking about breaking the state laws of GA by overlooking the safety of children.

Car Seats and Booster Seats
Must be in the back seat of the vehicle (See exceptions below).
Must be appropriate for the child’s height and weight.
Meet all federal standards.
Must be installed per the manufacturer’s instructions.

http://www.carseatlaws.com/georgia-car-seat-laws

Penalties:

Georgia Car Seat Law Fines
First (1st) Conviction – $50 Maximum
Second (2nd) and future convictions – $100 Maximum

Georgia Car Seat Law Driver License Points
First (1st) Conviction – 1 Point
Second (2nd) and future convictions – 2 Points

IMOO, Cooper could not release the buckles holding the straps in place on either of his two car seats so the result would have been the same. Being placed in an infant's seat makes the crime appear more sinister because the 22mo child had obviously outgrown the smaller infant's seat. If true, then, JRH was breaking a state law that 13th day in June and should have been slapped with a fine on top of his arrest.

moo and atj

IIRC we are still waiting on a link to back up that alleged statistic...(3 out of 4)

I'm not putting a lot of stock in the fact that RH cursed the cops when they told him to get off the phone. Once, my car was hit from behind, and I was in the middle of a phone conversation with my son at the time the cops arrived at the scene. They literally screamed at me to get off the phone--vein popping, spitting, screaming at me to hang up the phone. All I was doing was letting my son know I was going to be late coming home from work because of the accident. If I were in a situation where my son was dead, I would probably have screamed obscenities at them, too...I still tell the story of how disrespectfully the cops talked to me that day, and that was at least 15 years ago.

This is the call (one of them) where Harris claimed he didn't speak to anyone. So in that case, why could he not get off the phone to talk to LE? Unless of course he lied to LE and actually was talking to someone on the phone at that time.

MOO

sorry for the brief Off Topic but for those of you who followed the Caylee Anthony case and the subsequent trial of she whose name I refuse to speak . . .

Muzikman is back and finally able to speak freely!!! Thread is here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-our-beloved-MUZIKMAN&p=10779944#post10779944

Ok I followed Caylee thread but don't think I ever posted -- a lot was going on then and has happened since -- I totally remember seeing the user ID but don't have a clue as to who we're talking about and why this is so cool -- can someone give me a *brief* rundown since that thread isn't open yet? I'd like to understand so if I have questions I can chime in.... surely you can understand why I don't want to go back into those threads and try to figure it out, right? I hope?

Thanks in advance!!

This is the call (one of them) where Harris claimed he didn't speak to anyone. So in that case, why could he not get off the phone to talk to LE? Unless of course he lied to LE and actually was talking to someone on the phone at that time.

MOO

Possibly he was on hold and didn't want to hang up until someone came to the phone. Daycare staff aren't always available to pick the phone up right away--I've had that experience personally. Or maybe he was talking to someone--it will be interesting to find out once more information is released and/or more witnesses come forward.

Yes he was and yes it was reported

Plus I would think any strap marks would be seen during autopsy in the same way that waist bands or wrinkled clothing show up due to livor mortis.

IIRC we are still waiting on a link to back up that alleged statistic...(3 out of 4)

There was a link in the original post...here it is again: http://blog.usa.gov/post/91059214885...used-correctly. If you do a query on something like "incorrect use of car seat", you will find many reports on this subject, i.e.,:

www.parents.com/baby/safety/car/baby-car-seat-safety-check-avoid-common-mistakes/

http://www.utahsafetycouncil.org/child-safety-seat.asp

www.carseat.org/Resources/Sachs_CSS.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members