Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In re-reading the rush transcript of Det. Stoddard's piece at the hearing I am curious about something. So, he parked in an odd way at work... driving past a space then backing in. There was also a grassy space to the passenger side of the car. Cooper was facing toward the rear in a child seat situated in the middle of the back seat.

But... apparently when he removed Cooper from the car at the shopping center after having realized there was a problem, it was stated that he popped the rear door up and removed him that way. So, am I crazy or wasn't the backseat seat-back in the way? Why wouldn't one go in through the side door? I don't have kids nor do I have an SUV, and I could have mis-read it, but it seems like an odd way to get Cooper out of the car.

I wonder if Cooper could see over the back seat. I can't imagine a kid that big dealing with looking at the stupid gray seat and not fussing about it.

I guess in all my musings that I think the situation with the back seat of the car, the too-small rear-facing car seat, the weird parking and the weird way of getting Cooper out somehow speak to JRH's plotting. I'm not sure how it all works, but maybe you guys have some idea??

The daycare my son would attend would most certainly call because you pay ahead of time. If you miss a day you are out that money and the daycare would call. It's a really small daycare though and they stress they want people to feel like they are part of the extended family. I'm not sure how a large corporate daycare would handle things, but they did send out an email to the parents of all children who were absent that day. It was sent to RH, but do we know if he read it?

Respectfully, it is speculation that the e-mail was only sent to parents of children that were absent. All we know is that Cooper's teacher sent a mass e-mail to RH at 1:30pm. We have no idea who the e-mail was sent to or what it said. BTW - the daycares my sons went to were all pay by the week. Didn't matter if they were there 1 day or 5 days -- you paid for the whole week.

The daycare my son would attend would most certainly call because you pay ahead of time. If you miss a day you are out that money and the daycare would call. It's a really small daycare though and they stress they want people to feel like they are part of the extended family. I'm not sure how a large corporate daycare would handle things, but they did send out an email to the parents of all children who were absent that day. It was sent to RH, but do we know if he read it?

It's been a few years since my kids were in daycare. They would like you to call if the kids were out, so they would know the numbers, but, if you didn't, they didn't call you (you paid either way). Since it's the parents who drop the kids off, why would they call to tell the parents the kids weren't there (not being snarky, just don't understand)? It's different when the kids get older and may be walking to school or getting there on their own. My kids schools, now that they are older, do call if they are out. But, not something the daycare did.

The "when are you picking up my little buddy" text, if it happened, was a detail added for the police's benefit to make it look like he thought he had dropped Cooper off. The problem with it, is that Leanna picked Cooper up every afternoon, probably close to the same time every day, so the question was absolutely unnecessary.

Forgive me if this has been answered somehow, but aren't daycares supposed to call parents if the child doesn't show up?

I know the testimony was that JRH rec'd a group e-message from the daycare but did any employee there contact either of the parents when Cooper was a no-show? If not, why not, I wonder. I don't have kids but unless an absence is pre-arranged I thought they all would call ASAP for the child's safety if nothing else.

Forgive me if this has been answered somehow, but aren't daycares supposed to call parents if the child doesn't show up?

I know the testimony was that JRH rec'd a group e-message from the daycare but did any employee there contact either of the parents when Cooper was a no-show? If not, why not, I wonder. I don't have kids but unless an absence is pre-arranged I thought they all would call ASAP for the child's safety if nothing else.

I don't think they are REQUIRED by any law; some make it a part of their policy.... some do, some don't. Some do it for reasons such as these; some do it so they know if they have extra "drop-in" spots they can fill.

Mine used to call anytime the kids weren't there at "usual time"; once their dad's schedule changed and was inconsistent & unpredictable, they stopped.

And yes, we still pay for the days they don't go.

I do wish they could have an automated call/text/email system like my older kids' elementary school. If one of them is going to be absent or late due to an apt and I haven't called by a certain time, I get ALL three -- and so does their dad. I don't look at it as them taking on my responsibility, but since we know that TRUE accidents have happened it could be a preventative measure to some degree -- a lifesaver for parents who had a "true accident" and a No Excuse Contact for those who didn't.

JMO

Both RH and LH were worried enough about hot car death that they looked it up on their separate computers, but they didn't put any procedure into place to prevent it from happening. I'm sure those websites give you lots of ideas like putting your cell phone in the backseat. Or if you want to really make sure, your left shoe. But they apparently did nothing. Seems like looking up hot car deaths was for another reason to me.

Also, I wonder how much noise a little Cooper would make when stuck in the hot car. I can't imagine that no one could hear him. I suppose modern cars are very sound-proof. I am absolutely sickened by what that child (and every child and animal exposed to this type of tortuous treatment) went through.

So if the wife is correct that RH had been suffering from "low T" for a while and had been taking a lot of different types of medication to increase his libido, I wonder if it was too much and he became insatiable?

I am not trying to make excuses for his actions by any means; just wondering if all this sexting to young women was something new & in correlation to his treatment?

And I would also like to hear about his childhood and any evidence of psychopathy during that time????

Rain, I think the bold is speculation. What we know is that there was a group text sent. We don't know what it said or whether the defendant opened it. Unless I missed something -- which is highly unlikely because I've been a total couch potato all day today and haven't been away from my computer for more than 20 minutes at a time lol

So if the wife is correct that RH had been suffering from "low T" for a while and had been taking a lot of different types of medication to increase his libido, I wonder if it was too much and he became insatiable?

I am not trying to make excuses for his actions by any means; just wondering if all this sexting to young women was something new & in correlation to his treatment?

And I would also like to hear about his childhood and any evidence of psychopathy during that time????

I thought about the low t treatment, too.

It's been a few years since my kids were in daycare. They would like you to call if the kids were out, so they would know the numbers, but, if you didn't, they didn't call you (you paid either way). Since it's the parents who drop the kids off, why would they call to tell the parents the kids weren't there (not being snarky, just don't understand)? It's different when the kids get older and may be walking to school or getting there on their own. My kids schools, now that they are older, do call if they are out. But, not something the daycare did.

Yes. As I recall, I started getting calls from the daycare only when my kids took the aftercare bus from the school (which was like 100 yards away -- I didn't ask lol)

That's a good point, if he did the age of consent search first. As a step-mom to a 16 year old girl I find it repulsive and just wrong, wrong, wrong that it could be legal for her to have sex with somebody old enough to be her father, but moral and legal are two different things. JMO

Edit: I was just discussing this with hubby and he pointed this out to me. GA age of consent is 16, BUT federal age of consent is still 18. Federal charges can still be brought up against him, and he can still go to prison for it..probably why there is talk about charges of sexual exploitation of a minor, etc.

I've posted this elsewhere already, but the reason there is talk if that is because he used a cellphone and computer to text picture of his penis to a 16 year old and receive pictures of her nude body. It does become federal jurisdiction at that point because it's considered possession of child *advertiser censored*. I highly doubt he knew that though! He probably looked up the age of consent in GA and thought he was covered!

I wonder if the low T thing was responsible for the conception problems, when was the youtube search done again? I thought 2010.

But he clearly had labido to spare at this point in time or it would seems so. And thanks to the hearing we know he could get an erection.

I am curious if he was telling LH he was still suffering from the effects of the low T to explain a lack of interest in sex with HER because he was having way to much of that need met by his msg activities. For some the risk adds to the allure of that sort of relationship. Its all sex and selfish gratification with none of the intimacy requirements. Harder to actually do teh work of being married and keeping things spicy with that person.

Just something to chew on

Rain, I think the bold is speculation. What we know is that there was a group text sent. We don't know what it said or whether the defendant opened it. Unless I missed something -- which is highly unlikely because I've been a total couch potato all day today and haven't been away from my computer for more than 20 minutes at a time lol
A group email could have also been one that was sent to all the parents, reminding them of an upcoming event.

Yes if I remember right Stoddard was a bit funny in that area of his testimony. He said something like - Yes a group - there was an email sent by the daycare to RH

(Paraphrased because I am sick of looking at the two transcript page tabs that have been open in my browser all day and can't bear to click them one more dang time lol)

I must have misunderstood! I thought it was a group email sent out by Cooper's teacher to the parents of children who were absent that day? Was it to all of her students?

Rain, we just don't know. Its why we are all theorizing about the email. What did it say, did he read it? We have no clue.

Rain, we just don't know. Its why we are all theorizing about the email. What did it say, did he read it? We have no clue.

Oh, okay! For some reason, I had it in my mind it was for parents of children who had been absent. Yeah, it could have been about anything then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8