Sniff tests, hair decomp, really so conclusive? Fence sitters thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not this time, they didn't. These results were confirmed by the FBI who have one of the most trusted labs in the world.

If you can come up with a link for that, please post it here. Of course they are one of the most trusted labs in the world, but I've only heard it stated in the media outlets that the evidence is conclusive, or that there were large amounts of chloroform in the trunk, I have not heard any authority state it in terms anywhere near that strong so far.

Several experts have come forward today to emphatically state that the chloroform vapors that the FBI detected in the trunk could only come from manufactured pure comercially available chloroform. The vapors could not come from an accidental mixing such as you describe. (I believe an accidental mixing would also release chlorine gas, which would be detectable. (and which was not detected) For the ammount of chloroform vapor they detected, there would have been enough chlorine released to in all liklihood kill the cars driver as well).

And lets be frank here. If it was possible for a pee soaked diaper to react with chlorinated pool water to create a substantial amount of chloroform vapor, then we would be seeing cases of it at every pool and waterpark across the world. A very nice shot at misdirection however. (hmmm now where have I heard dirty diaper theories before, or who keeps repeating them insesantly despite overwelming evidence to the contrary)

As far as test contamination at the FBI lab. 2 things work against that theory. The FBI lab uses chloroform in DNA labs. They detected chloroform vapors in the trunk of the car. Chances are the samples would never be in the same room as Chloroform in the FBI. But even given the extremely remote possibility of lab contamination, it still doesn't explain the computer searches and documents. Someone used Casey's computer to look up chloroform.

Once again we have various pieces of evidence coroborating and reinforcing each other. This greatly limits the possible and reasonable conclusions that can be derived from the evidence.

As well, the chloroform that is used in DNA testing is extremely strictly regulated and monitored during all phases of manufacturing these testing formulas. Were you to visit a company that creates forensic testing kits/solutions/chemicals, you would have to pass through multiple levels of security. Chemicals such as morphine, chloroform, etc. are most heavily restricted and stored in a very tightly controlled environment.

Each and every single batch has it's own unique (well documented) signature.

If anyone would like links to a few top-notch companies to explore - PM me.

:silenced: Just reading this thread makes my old brain "see" someone taking notes on a yellow legal pad :innocent: "somewhere"

LOL!!! I have a "few thoughts as to the options" myself.

MCDRAW,
Any person that could make such a statement about Texas Equusearch is either evil or spinning their own web of lies! Tim Miller is doing this out of the goodness of his heart. Tim Miller is taking a crime committed against his OWN daughter and turning it into a non-profit search and rescue organization! I really thought that Cindy couldn't sink any lower, but in my opinion, she sunk to the bottom when she made that statement about TES!

Like mother like daughter... Cindy has a PH.D in manipulation but Casey has a Master's. However, Casey is only 2 credits shy of getting her PH.D and will easily graduate with honors by October...

incoherent means not making sense, it doesn't mean upset.

incoherent
Adjective
1. unable to express oneself clearly
2. not logically connected or ordered: an incoherent argument
incoherence n

I guess I am getting off topic and should move on, but I guess I just feel after 31 days she would not know that Caylee was ok, how could she? Wouldn't the GP have some clue about any mental illness/drugs etc. If it was that bad, she couldn't hide it, I've been around enough to know that. And as far as shock, I was 16, my ex husband 20 when my son died of SIDS and I found him in his crib. We were in SHOCK but still managed to call 911. It just was something even at that young age that we didn't give a secong thought to not doing. Sorry, I'll move along now. JMHO

I agree with you very strongly that Casey's behavior and detached manner are very strange and that all of her statements to police have been very strange and don't even make sense. There could be a lot of causes for that, and I don't know which one it is yet.

I know it's so important to you that she be dead, PotatoHead. Heaven forbid anyone should keep hope until evidence to the contrary is presented officially.

Seagull,
NO ONE Here wishes that Caylee is dead, absolutely no one! We have all prayed, cried, hoped.....with all our hearts that she is found alive. To say this to PotatoHead is very hurtful and disrespectful.

If anyone has a link to any authority clearing this up in definitive terms, please post it here. Nancy Grace does not count as an authority! That show is pure hype and sensationalism.

Multiple links over in the chloroform thread posted earlier tonight.

I know it's so important to you that she be dead, PotatoHead. Heaven forbid anyone should keep hope until evidence to the contrary is presented officially.

There is always hope until the body is discovered. But even while having hope, you have to face reality. It just isn't looking good for Caylee. I wish it were different but there is too much pointing toward her death. And not enough toward her still being alive. JMO

I am sorry for your loss. I can only imagine and NO I could not be composed.

Thanks-I lost my now 23 yr old son (who has a 3 yr old daughter of his own) in toys r us for about 10 minutes once and thought I was going to have a heart attack! He didn't even hear them calling him on the intercom! Whew..

Actually, it is very, very, very important to me that she be given a proper right of passage. Else I wouldn't bother.

And it is important that 'bullying' people will voice their opinions right back - with facts - in hopes that CAYLEE gets justice.

Your statement above was far more rude than any humorous jab previously sent your way by me.

At the first link I only saw the Orlando sentinel saying that the FBI had found chloroform in the trunk (but not what amount, etc, like we were discussing). I couldn't open the second link. But if anyone can find a link where an FBI spokesperson or legal authority is actually saying that large amounts of chloroform were discovered and that they definitely could not have resulted from forensics work or from urine/chlorine mixture, etc, please post it here. (There's a lot of discussion about this on the previous pages of this thread.)

Thanks for those links though

p.s. present a single piece of "evidence" - not a single supporting word that Caylee is alive, vs. picking apart the prosecution's case and building the defense, and I'll be the first one to personally get on my knes and apologize profusely to you.

Until then... I'll watch, read and if so moved, I'll speak up.

Actually, it is very, very, very important to me that she be given a proper right of passage. Else I wouldn't bother.

And it is important that 'bullying' people will voice their opinions right back - with facts - in hopes that CAYLEE gets justice.

Your statement above was far more rude than any humorous jab previously sent your way by me.

I'm afraid not. You should have a look over your posts.

At the first link I only saw the Orlando sentinel saying that the FBI had found chloroform in the trunk (but not what amount, etc, like we were discussing). I couldn't open the second link. But if anyone can find a link where an FBI spokesperson or legal authority is actually saying that large amounts of chloroform were discovered and that they definitely could not have resulted from forensics work or from urine/chlorine mixture, etc, please post it here. (There's a lot of discussion about this on the previous pages of this thread.)

Thanks for those links though

Seagull,
I don't think there is a verification link. If I am not mistaken, the FBI gave out this information to LE and the media but are holding the actual documents until a court hearing.

Thanks-I lost my now 23 yr old son (who has a 3 yr old daughter of his own) in toys r us for about 10 minutes once and thought I was going to have a heart attack! He didn't even hear them calling him on the intercom! Whew..

I have had a scare like that, when my then two year old who is autistic decided to hide in the middle of some clothes. She could hide, not make a move or a sound for hours. I was terrified. There was only one way in and one way out so I had to make sure I stood where no one could get out the door with her. My son who was 5 found her. After that she staid in a stroller. Again I am sorry about the son you lost from SIDS. That's tough especially for a 16 year old.

We lost our son for 15 minutes last May at a Disney resort. It felt like 15 hours, it was absolutely awful. We're were very, very shaken. We were obviously very lucky to find him, he was just fine. I've read similar things from so many parents. I can't even imagine what it's like when hours turn into days, and even longer, like what the Anthonys are going through. I can't imagine the anguish.

I agree with you very strongly that Casey's behavior and detached manner are very strange and that all of her statements to police have been very strange and don't even make sense. There could be a lot of causes for that, and I don't know which one it is yet.

Seagull, I wish I held out the same hope that you do and respect your opinion, I just "feel in my gut" that all is not well with this precious little girl Caylee. My prayers are with her, wherever she is tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz