So who does Aphrodite Jones think is the killer is?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just another idea about this - I've never read one book about JBR and I would definitely choose Dave's book to read first. :)

I only read PMPT and I didn't really like it because it focused too much on the police/DA relationship and the tabloid coverage. That's why the movie PMPT wasn't really about JBR's actual murder, but more about the behind the scenes stuff, because CBS brought the rights to PMPT (the book) from Schiller; they didn't buy the rights to JBR's story. I heard that DOI is just about the Ramseys' religious/spiritual beliefs and I'm not interested in that at all, so I won't be reading that. I would like it if they had a lot of cute stories about JBR but I heard that they don't really talk about her. I would like to read Steve Thomas's book but it's not available on Kindle yet, but I figure it probably will be eventually. I would definitely read Dave's book when it gets published.

Right now, I'm switching between true crime books and fake crime books on my Kindle. I'm reading "A Beautiful Child" about the Sharon Marshall case. It is very interesting!

I suggest you read Perfect Murder Perfect Town, Death of Innocence, Inside the JonBenet Ramsey Murder Investigation..these three books have loads of very important facts, and of course lies.

Dave, I wish you luck on publishing your book...I look forward to reading it.

I also recommend watching the movie PMPT, which I found on Netflix and then bought on Amazon.com. In PMPT, the murder happens within the first 15 minutes or so of the DVD. The 911 call is shown, and the bewildered expression of Officer French as he heard the R doorbell ring again and again, signaling a procession of friends and others whose presence contaminated the crime scene. Patsy (played by actress Marg Helgenberger) is shown peeking through her splayed fingers, just as French described. The breathless and theatrical 911 call is depicted.
As the only officer there at the time, it rested with him to simply refuse to allow the parade of friends to come in! At that time, he was dealing with what was thought to be a real kidnapping- he had already "searched" the house and was unable to figure out how to open a simple wood latch on the WC door, altering the course of the investigation forever. French was the one who started the cascade of ineptitude that defined this investigation from the first moments.
PMPT depicts JR carrying JB's corpse upstairs and all that followed.
PMPT the movie does a pretty good job of presenting a fairly neutral overview of the crime, and it is a good way for anyone unfamiliar with the case to get a general idea in under 2 hours. The "double agent" Jeff Shapiro and his maneuverings between ST and the DA's office sheds a lot of light.
Interesting that the opening music plays a song with a refrain about "good men doing nothing" in the face of evil.
The Rs cooperated somewhat with that film- allowing Schiller to recreate his sets from the home- they may have even done some shooting inside. Schiller was allowed to shoot the exterior of the home, and depicted JB's body being removed and taken to the morgue. At that time, he depicted the conflict in the BPD itself, with the house being released as a crime scene THAT NIGHT- a decision the detectives were very unhappy with. (it was later reversed).
Ann-Margaret played Nedra. A cute little blonde girl played JB. Her still shots from that film are sometimes mistakenly posted as shots of JB herself.
A mannequin was used to portray JB as a corpse. It is pretty creepy. When JR places her on the floor, she is stiff as a board and almost rocks back and forth as if she were indeed made of wood. I think it's worth a look by anyone who doesn't have the time to read the book, or even if you have read it, it kind of brings the story to life, whether IDI or RDI. It never really defines the Rs as the killers, but leaves it up to the viewer to decide.

It's a tough slog for many reasons. First, I have to find a publisher who understands the value of controversy. THEN, I have to find one that is willing to provide insurance against liability in lawsuits (that one I'm not so concerned with, but I've been told by several authors to go that way.) Third, and most importantly, I have to come up with the money. Book publishing ain't cheap! A local publishing house in my state wanted 8000 *advertiser censored**ing dollars!

It looks as if I have no alternative but to seek a publishing firm that does this sort of thing on a small scale. joeskidbeck has provided me one.

Well, I've asked a few publishers, and they all have different feelings. Some would agree with that statement. Others believe that it would do very well.

I'm not worried, because I already HAVE a marketing base:

YOU GUYS.

It doesn't really figure into it at this point. It might later, though. Done right, it could work for me.

I don't see how it could be too much of a liability. There wouldn't be any real grounds to sue anybody. Patsy's dead. John ran for public office, so he's a public figure now, as are most of the people I speak of. And I hardly mention Burke at all.

As for being a conspiracy theory, I really don't care if they think that or not.

Done wrong, it could work against you too. You definitely need some insurance whether by you or the publisher. The National Enquirer could probably be a lot of help.

I also wanted to mention that the PMPT movie depicts the "Scream test" performed in the basement and master bedroom by LE (ST may have been among them). An officer is standing in front of the Stanton's home across the street (where Mrs. Stanton claimed to have heard the scream though her open bedroom window) and her husband reported hearing "metal scraping concrete" right after his wife heard the scream.
An officer is also upstairs in the R master bedroom. A third officer is in the basement in an area just outside the WC where the was a vent to the outside. The scream was heard both up in the 3rd floor master bedroom and also across the street. There was no way the parents wouldn't have heard that scream if a neighbor across the street heard it. Actually, that was one reason Mrs. Stanton gave for not calling police when she heard such a horrible child's scream. She said that she figured there was no way that scream wasn't heard by the child's parents or anyone in the home so she felt she didn't need to call police.
Personally, I'd have called police anyway. After news of the crime came out the next day, she then said she didn't call because she didn't want to get involved at first, but after hearing this was such an awful murder of her little neighbor, she told police what she heard. Poor Mrs. Stanton must have been badgered by the RST after that, which is why she then said maybe she it was only "negative energy" coming from JB that she "heard". Ballocks.
Of course she received criticism for that comment, as well as most likely intimidation from the RST for the first version (the scream). She then moved away from Boulder with her husband. Later on she reaffirmed her first statement that she did actually hear an audible scream.
No news of her whereabouts at this point, she fell off the radar of the case (all the better for her). I don't believe she has ever commented further. Anyone else know?

It's a tough slog for many reasons. First, I have to find a publisher who understands the value of controversy. THEN, I have to find one that is willing to provide insurance against liability in lawsuits (that one I'm not so concerned with, but I've been told by several authors to go that way.) Third, and most importantly, I have to come up with the money. Book publishing ain't cheap! A local publishing house in my state wanted 8000 *advertiser censored**ing dollars!

It looks as if I have no alternative but to seek a publishing firm that does this sort of thing on a small scale. joeskidbeck has provided me one.

Well, I've asked a few publishers, and they all have different feelings. Some would agree with that statement. Others believe that it would do very well.

I'm not worried, because I already HAVE a marketing base:

YOU GUYS.

It doesn't really figure into it at this point. It might later, though. Done right, it could work for me.

I don't see how it could be too much of a liability. There wouldn't be any real grounds to sue anybody. Patsy's dead. John ran for public office, so he's a public figure now, as are most of the people I speak of. And I hardly mention Burke at all.

As for being a conspiracy theory, I really don't care if they think that or not.

SuperDave,
I reckon any large publisher will require you to seek legal opinion over your books content. Also depending on how JR feels about another book, he might sanction LW to litigate on any old ground, just to prevent publication?

You could also self publish if you do not mind sharing any surplus. Its a good model if you will be limited to a small publisher who will only offer a small volume print run. Self publishing would allow you to keep selling way past any print run.

I also wanted to mention that the PMPT movie depicts the "Scream test" performed in the basement and master bedroom by LE (ST may have been among them). An officer is standing in front of the Stanton's home across the street (where Mrs. Stanton claimed to have heard the scream though her open bedroom window) and her husband reported hearing "metal scraping concrete" right after his wife heard the scream.
An officer is also upstairs in the R master bedroom. A third officer is in the basement in an area just outside the WC where the was a vent to the outside. The scream was heard both up in the 3rd floor master bedroom and also across the street. There was no way the parents wouldn't have heard that scream if a neighbor across the street heard it.
Actually, that was one reason Mrs. Stanton gave for not calling police when she heard such a horrible child's scream. She said that she figured there was no way that scream wasn't heard by the child's parents or anyone in the home so she felt she didn't need to call police.
Personally, I'd have called police anyway. After news of the crime came out the next day, she then said she didn't call because she didn't want to get involved at first, but after hearing this was such an awful murder of her little neighbor, she told police what she heard. Poor Mrs. Stanton must have been badgered by the RST after that, which is why she then said maybe she it was only "negative energy" coming from JB that she "heard". Ballocks.
Of course she received criticism for that comment, as well as most likely intimidation from the RST for the first version (the scream). She then moved away from Boulder with her husband. Later on she reaffirmed her first statement that she did actually hear an audible scream.
No news of her whereabouts at this point, she fell off the radar of the case (all the better for her). I don't believe she has ever commented further. Anyone else know?

I'm pretty sure they filmed PMPT in Salt Lake City in a replica of the Ramseys' house. I don't know if a scream from the basement would be heard on the 3rd floor, but I'm not going to come to any conclusions based on a movie. Anyway, I think the "Could the sleeping parents on the 3rd floor hear JBR scream from the basement?" is a moot issue since my guess is one of the R's was very close to JBR when she let out that scream.

Done wrong, it could work against you too. You definitely need some insurance whether by you or the publisher. The National Enquirer could probably be a lot of help.

Well, you're acting awfully helpful all of a sudden.

SuperDave,

I reckon any large publisher will require you to seek legal opinion over your books content. Also depending on how JR feels about another book, he might sanction LW to litigate on any old ground, just to prevent publication?

You could also self publish if you do not mind sharing any surplus. Its a good model if you will be limited to a small publisher who will only offer a small volume print run. Self publishing would allow you to keep selling way past any print run.

Those creeps don't frighten me.

Well, you're acting awfully helpful all of a sudden.

As much as I think it is wrong for you to publish a book in this case when you are not privy to all the evidence, I would protect your right for free speech. I would also protect the rights for someone to sue your fanny off if you don't watch your step. I imagine the National Enquirer could tell you how to protect yourself but I also imagine you would pay an arm and a leg for it.

It is probably too late anyway. The new developments and being eight years too late probably doesn't give you enough of a target audience. JMO.

As much as I think it is wrong for you to publish a book in this case when you are not privy to all the evidence, I would protect your right for free speech. I would also protect the rights for someone to sue your fanny off if you don't watch your step. I imagine the National Enquirer could tell you how to protect yourself but I also imagine you would pay an arm and a leg for it.

It is probably too late anyway. The new developments and being eight years too late probably doesn't give you enough of a target audience. JMO.

Most true crime books are about low profile cases that don't have the name recognition of this case, yet they still manage to be published and sell copies. If the criteria for publishing a true crime book was that they can only be about high profile cases during their prime in the media, there wouldn't be much of a genre. However, the bestselling books about this case are by people who have intimate knowledge of it or other credentials, which gives them an advantage when it comes to marketing/advertising, plus people like to hear from someone in the know.

In all honesty, I agree that the new "developments" about the DNA are more likely to hurt the book than the passage of time. That DNA turned a lot of people into IDI's and they may see an RDI book as being "same old, same old" or "attacking" an innocent family who lost their daughter to murder by an unknown intruder.

There are many, many people that have never even heard of Jonbenet and many more that have heard of her, dont know the whole story, put it to the test and ask around. Ive had to explain who she was and what had happened numerous times.

In light of all the parent child murders that are played out in the media, I think now is the right time to publish a book on Jonbenets murder and the facts surrounding the crime. I believe that people today will see the truth and maybe a public outcry will be heard.

Just the simple fact of JR and the gang knowing, someone has not forgotten and refuses to let the rest of the world forget is brilliant.....

True crime readers know that TDNA, is a tricky thing and wont be fooled by its presence on JB.

I say PIZZZZZZZZZZ them off. Poke that hornets nest with a big ole stick right in the hole.

Jonbenet cant speak for herself, but people like ST, LS, and our very own Dave, can give her voice. The victim has rights!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I think it is wrong for you to publish a book in this case when you are not privy to all the evidence,

Yes, you've made that quite clear. Though I get the feeling that if it were being written from your side, you'd sing a different tune.

I would protect your right for free speech.

Well, Mother pin a rose on me, that's wonderful. Would you like a medal?

I would also protect the rights for someone to sue your fanny off if you don't watch your step. I imagine the National Enquirer could tell you how to protect yourself but I also imagine you would pay an arm and a leg for it.

I don't think I have much to worry about. But hey, you never know. Maybe I WILL talk to them.

Nothing ventured and all that!

In all honesty, I agree that the new "developments" about the DNA are more likely to hurt the book than the passage of time. That DNA turned a lot of people into IDI's and they may see an RDI book as being "same old, same old" or "attacking" an innocent family who lost their daughter to murder by an unknown intruder.

That's exactly WHY I decided to write it, eileen. America has been fed a steady, unchallenged stream of pro-Ramsey propaganda for the last eight years, and people who aren't as familiar with the case as the posters here have started to believe it, proving that Josef Goebbels was right. I mean to show it for what it is, and just how meaningless this DNA really is.

But to use a rather colorful metaphor, vampires can only exist in darkness. The sunlight needs to pierce the coffin, so to speak.

There are many, many people that have never even heard of Jonbenet and many more that have heard of her, dont know the whole story, put it to the test and ask around. Ive had to explain who she was and what had happened numerous times.

In light of all the parent child murders that are played out in the media, I think now is the right time to publish a book on Jonbenet's murder and the facts surrounding the crime. I believe that people today will see the truth and maybe a public outcry will be heard.

Just the simple fact of JR and the gang knowing, someone has not forgotten and refuses to let the rest of the world forget is brilliant.....

True crime readers know that TDNA, is a tricky thing and wont be fooled by its presence on JB.

I say PIZZZZZZZZZZ them off. Poke that hornets nest with a big ole stick right in the hole.

Jonbenet cant speak for herself, but people like ST, LS, and our very own Dave, can give her voice. The victim has rights!!!!!!!!!!

That's the way I look at it!

Well, one thing's for certain. The night dwellers always come around when it looks like someone may finally be shining a big old light on the truth! Hurry, hurry, scurry, scurry, we must get that mighty spin machine cranked! There are new people reading who may not be able to recognize the truth!!

That's interesting because last year, my teacher asked my class, "Do you guys remember JonBenet Ramsey or were you too young?" We were all born in 1991/1992 and about 85% of my class raised their hand. When she gave more information about the case, even more kids said that they had heard of it. In comparison, I was pretty much the only person who had heard of the Mendendez brothers. Plus, Gallup has done polls throughout the years and found that over 90%+ of the country has heard of JonBenet's case. Obviously, they don't all know the details of the case, but when they asked them, they knew who JBR was. (Just referring to the US here). If you're an adult and haven't heard of this case, you would have to live under a rock, since there's been 25,000 newspaper articles that mention JBR....

In light of all the parent child murders that are played out in the media, I think now is the right time to publish a book on Jonbenets murder and the facts surrounding the crime. I believe that people today will see the truth and maybe a public outcry will be heard.

Wonderful. The facts surrounding the crime prove the Ramsey's were railroaded while real leads were ignored. But yeah go ahead and poke the empty hornets nest. You act like LE never even looked at the Ramsey's.

Wonderful. The facts surrounding the crime prove the Ramsey's were railroaded while real leads were ignored. But yeah go ahead and poke the empty hornets nest. You act like LE never even looked at the Ramsey's.

I'm sorry, Roy but I cannot see where or how the Ramsey's were railroaded. Did either of them spend one moment in jail? No, they did not. The only thing that harmed the Ramseys was all the money they paid their high priced lawyers and investigators to keep them out of jail. Maybe I could understand all the pity for them if they had been tried, convicted, and sent to prison for their daughter's death, but the sad fact is that nobody was ever even tried for it and that can be laid at the Ramsey's feet due to all their hedging and red herrings. The only pity I feel for them is because of the loss of their daughter but that didn't seem to keep them down very long. For the life of me I can't understand all the pity IDI heaps on the Ramseys. IMO they were very fortunate because if anyone else (meaning anyone without their kind of money) had been in this situation, you can bet that one or both the parents would be in prison.

I'm sorry, Roy but I cannot see where or how the Ramsey's were railroaded. Did either of them spend one moment in jail? No, they did not. The only thing that harmed the Ramseys was all the money they paid their high priced lawyers and investigators to keep them out of jail. Maybe I could understand all the pity for them if they had been tried, convicted, and sent to prison for their daughter's death, but the sad fact is that nobody was ever even tried for it and that can be laid at the Ramsey's feet due to all their hedging and red herrings. The only pity I feel for them is because of the loss of their daughter but that didn't seem to keep them down very long. For the life of me I can't understand all the pity IDI heaps on the Ramseys. IMO they were very fortunate because if anyone else (meaning anyone without their kind of money) had been in this situation, you can bet that one or both the parents would be in prison.

Wrong! They went so far as to implicate their involvement in the media as well as take their case in front of a Grand Jury. The Ramsey lawyers had no say so on whether they were taken to trial or not. If you want to blame the Ramsey's or their lawyers for them not spending a minute in jail, I think you may want to re-evaluate your thinking. Even now, the new DA or LE could bring a case against a Ramsey but they don't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back