Social Distancing-the good, bad and downright ugly.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My friend needed to go the facility because of her problems with drugs but we need to find a center that implementing social distancing and strict protocols so she doesn't get the virus covid19 this might help source

I was very disturbed to see how many people were ignoring the safety regulations on US beaches and in parks in Toronto. You can bet your bottom dollar there will be a spike in cases wherever some of these people go. As of yesterday, my province (Manitoba) has only 17 cases of Covid and not a single person in our hospitals because of it. Granted our population is very low (1.37 million), but we do have a city of approx. 750,000. Our compliance rate has been pegged at 87-89%, and the result is we now have a fair bit of freedom because of it. Even so, we are showing self- discipline, following rules with great care. When laws are broken, heavy fines are imposed. Now any case that pops up will be pounced on immediately.

My nephew is a doctor, and he and his fellow health care workers are SO grateful we did not let this terrible virus take hold here. The social pressure to comply from friends, family and neighbours was immense. Harder to do in dense populations, I know, but California has been able to contain the virus through strict measures. They've done better than Canada, and they have 40 million people packed together in their state compared to 37 million of us Canadians spread across our vast land.

Florida is pretty much the polar opposite of California and we are at 21.5 Million people.

And I see cars from every other state in the Union down here in August, including Alaska.

Cannot make this up......

We braved an amusement park.

People did wear masks. Workers did mist the rides and were very nice & professional.

People sadly ignored the carefully painted markings for social distancing. Some of those people wouldn't even stay back when reminded of the park rule....

Can't cure Stoopid.

JMHO YMMV LRR

My friend needed to go the facility because of her problems with drugs but we need to find a center that implementing social distancing and strict protocols so she doesn't get the virus covid19 this might help source
Speaking of addiction... I wonder how AA is handling meetings with COVID? I suppose a variety of ways. That would be very hard for those who go daily,

Well today I'm in the Bad/Ugly group, left my office for an errand in the building, did not pick up a mask. 3 of 3 people I passed in the hall had also forgotten.

No cases in our building, thankfully, and we turned away from each other.

Tomorrow is another day!

The situation of not being able to see family members in the hospital is out of control. There needs to be more discussion, rather than the blanket "No Visitors". Apparently, patient rights is completely a non starter.

My recent experience with this situation has made me feel like this is over the top control.

The situation of not being able to see family members in the hospital is out of control. There needs to be more discussion, rather than the blanket "No Visitors". Apparently, patient rights is completely a non starter.

My recent experience with this situation has made me feel like this is over the top control.
I've come back late to this party. Please hear me out
I got covid. Just buried my dear pop in law last week after losing his battle with it. Him and his wife were in a retirement/assisted facility in Virginia. Our only visit with them after this came out we knew we didn't have it from being tested. Since I'm immunocompromised i needed to have it as well as my wife. Pops and granny had been tested as had the entire building. So some um person (used extremly nasty here) brought it in apparently not feeling the need to protect there own loved ones by not testing first. Yes it may have delayed a visit, yea believe this that testing early on was a huge pain in the backside but at least 17 people would be alive today had they thought of anything other than themselves. The facility did basic testing of temp asked questions made you fill out the form to contact trace if needed. Now pops is gone, granny had to be moved to a better facility that did more to protect like no visits except zoom or 15 scheduled outdoor visits 6 feet apart. Sucks we cant even hug and masks are a pain yes but shes safe and so are we. Over the top? No no and no. Most didn't act quickly or accordingly enough. Our elders paid a massive price. All I can do now with my one functioning lung is implore patience in everyone and hope you all understand these sacrifices now mean a return to normal by summer. Be safe wear masks if your indoor in a group remember air flow is important. If the place doesn't have the means to remove and replace the air I wouldn't go. Anyway rant done. Ok bye

I've come back late to this party. Please hear me out
I got covid. Just buried my dear pop in law last week after losing his battle with it. Him and his wife were in a retirement/assisted facility in Virginia. Our only visit with them after this came out we knew we didn't have it from being tested. Since I'm immunocompromised i needed to have it as well as my wife. Pops and granny had been tested as had the entire building. So some um person (used extremly nasty here) brought it in apparently not feeling the need to protect there own loved ones by not testing first. Yes it may have delayed a visit, yea believe this that testing early on was a huge pain in the backside but at least 17 people would be alive today had they thought of anything other than themselves. The facility did basic testing of temp asked questions made you fill out the form to contact trace if needed. Now pops is gone, granny had to be moved to a better facility that did more to protect like no visits except zoom or 15 scheduled outdoor visits 6 feet apart. Sucks we cant even hug and masks are a pain yes but shes safe and so are we. Over the top? No no and no. Most didn't act quickly or accordingly enough. Our elders paid a massive price. All I can do now with my one functioning lung is implore patience in everyone and hope you all understand these sacrifices now mean a return to normal by summer. Be safe wear masks if your indoor in a group remember air flow is important. If the place doesn't have the means to remove and replace the air I wouldn't go. Anyway rant done. Ok bye

Sorry for your loss. In my case, I dropped my husband, who had chest pains at the ER. He died during a heart attack seven years ago. I went to see what was happening, and was told to leave.

I thought he was dying. The next day, they told me they were going to do a bunch of procedures on him, so, how could they legally do any procedures, when I am his medical POA, and I did not sign any paperwork authorization?

They said that he approved it. That doesn't matter, legally. Just saying. But, he is fine now. There were just a lot of legal procedural missteps here. And I should have been more informed on his health status. I actually made that quite clear the next day, that they did not follow their own rules.

I guess that they make up whatever rules they want now.

Aaaarrrggghhh.

Small office and we're careful, masks all around, misting, hand washing, the whole nine yards.

One person felt ill, still felt bad the next day, tested positive -- so the rest of us are likely home for 14 days.

Groan.

Yes, you have to get tested as well. Give it a few days though. Wishing you well.

I talked to someone the other day who has six children. One child has Covid, the rest are on quarantine. If another child gets Covid in a week, on and on...literally it could end up quarantine the family until Christmas.

I have nothing against social distancing.
I hate face masks (and above all I hate that I have to wear them almost everywhere)

Me too. It's like everywhere, we need to wear masks. I wish for the vaccine asap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back