Software designer says Casey Anthony prosecution data was wrong

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradley needs to be much more careful in the future when testifying and when giving interviews. He makes big errors and while I don't believe they are intentional they are very damaging in different ways to himself and others. I hope this was a big learning experience for him.

Very disappointing journalism today. It's one thing to make an honest mistake and another to just run with a story without checking any facts. And CM should be ashamed of himself most of all because he KNEW what he was saying was a lie.

I don't know. I just posted on an obscure blog which some feel has a particular bias (one I have been unable to figure out). I guess the New York Times needs to answer this one, since they started the maelstrom roughly 12 hours after my post. :innocent:

TY for the info. Any idea if NYT will print a retraction tomorrow? They really should.

I cannot do anything about people jumping to conclusions. Everyone does it, including everyone on this board. I do it all the time.

BBM: Not everyone on this board jumped to conclusions. Not everyone was ready and willing to accuse the State of wrong-doing. While I do appreciate your explanation of the events, like I said in an earlier post "someone (any one of us...myself included) should have taken the time to review the actual trial videos before putting this out there.

TY for the info. Any idea if NYT will print a retraction tomorrow? They really should.

There's not a chance in hell they will print a retraction. But I could be wrong and would love to be proved wrong in fact. I think the SA's office deserves a retraction.

BBM: Not everyone on this board jumped to conclusions. Not everyone was ready and willing to accuse the State of wrong-doing. While I do appreciate your explanation of the events, like I said in an earlier post "someone (any one of us...myself included) should have taken the time to review the actual trial videos before putting this out there.

And how many times was it suggested in this thread by others to watch the trial footage. I wasn't able to point to an exact spot but I know I watched it unfold live as it happened. I knew it had been discussed in open court.

Still many were very quick to say that prosectiorial conduct did indeed transpire.

I knew the defense knew all about it when they called Computer forensic people and they came in with lawyers and Jose commented on it and there was a sidebar.

People who think that the State withheld anything...WATCH THIS VIDEO, above!!!

Defense knew about the incorrect information from the State, talked about it during the juror's 'special break', IN OPEN COURT! HHJP told the defense to file a motion regarding it, and then HHJP would address the jury, but defense DID NOT file a motion, and HHJP did not address the jury. LDB DID NOT mention the 84 searches during her closing.

CASE CLOSED!!!

Let's quit bashing the prosecution with incorrect information...watch the damn video! :banghead:

:bump:

And how many times was it suggested in this thread by others to watch the trial footage. I wasn't able to point to an exact spot but I know I watched it unfold live as it happened. I knew it had been discussed in open court.
Still many were very quick to say that prosectiorial conduct did indeed transpire.

BBM:

I knew it too, JSR, but I was so upset to read what was being posted I literally sat on my hands for about an hour. After that I got off the computer. It's probably best that I did, lol. Otherwise, I would be in time out now. :crazy:

Folks, put the news story in some context before you light your torches. And if you decide to light them, come after me.

On July 11, the NetAnalysis developers blogged on their website about the difficulty of parsing the Firefox 2 history file. They also essentially bragged about how their latest release (which they noted was NOT used by OCSO) could parse the file but a competitor program (obviously CacheBack) could not.

On that same day, Mr. Bradley of CacheBack responded with a "press release" detailing his own pin-ball trip through the Anthony case and the fact that his program contained bugs similar to the earlier NetAnalysis program. He points out that those bugs could have easily been identified and fixed if only OCSO had told him there were discrepancies.

Mr. Bradley's "press release" was not actually sent to anyone in the press, so effectively it was nothing more than a blog entry seen by the 4 or 5 people around the world that read those things.

Yesterday morning, for whatever reason, I wondered if Mr. Bradley had ever fixed his program and what he said about it on his website. If you recall, BAEZ gave him a hard time because he had a "news release" stating that his software was being used in the Casey Anthony case. It was at that point I stumbled upon his "press release".

I exchanged emails with Mr. Bradley asking if I could quote his release in the Hinky Meter post I planned to write. He said yes. I offered to let him proof-read my post and he accepted.

The dates Mr. Bradley used in his timeline - erroneously recalled from memory - seemed to indicate the State must have known of the error when they crossed Cindy Anthony. I did not point this out. Mr. Bradley did not. Neither did Val. Mr. Hornsby noticed it.

If this had fallen on the "Casey is guilty side" there would have been accolades and high-fives all around. Because it did not fall on that side, it should have been sleuthed more closely by Richard, me, others. It was not.

In the meantime, the NYT ran across the story. I don't know if it was dumb luck, if they saw it on the Hinky, or if Mr. Hornsby's connections to WESH alerted them to the story. Whatever happened, "real journalists" took hold and the true facts were sent through a food processor.

Because the story became big news, the State was compelled to respond. In preparing their response they contacted Mr. Bradley and informed him that part of his timeline was exactly one week off. It happens to the best of us. He corrected it.

The State is absolved.
The press did not do its homework. Including me.
The defense looks (once again) like pile divers.
The computer forensics lab at the OCSO looks like they dropped the ball.

You are one heck of a human being. I'm proud to know you :cool:

There's not a chance in hell they will print a retraction. But I could be wrong and would love to be proved wrong in fact. I think the SA's office deserves a retraction.

The NYT did not accuse the state of misconduct in the article, at least the reporter did not. Only a quote from J. Cheney Mason made such and accusation. We need the retraction from him. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena