Software Update Feedback- Orange is too Intense.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All colors can change on a website, if you change the orange than you can change the other font colors and black to compatible colors. This is not a big deal to make those changes. I'm out of this discussion, just hopeful that the webmaster will start working on it asap. Thankfully the orange being a problem will be addressed.

Last edited:
I hope this isn't taken as being critical as it's meant to improve websleuths. The orange is very bright on the eyes. Turning my monitor brightness down doesn't help. Nor does holding up my hand to shield the left side where all the orange is. My arm gets tired (I'm being serious). Plus, it's also in a bar that extends above this typing field.

Please, please give us back the lighter orange, or a way for us to select which color scheme we'd like. Multiple people in PMs are talking about how bright it is on the eyes.

Love websleuths and all you do!!!

You joined about the same time that I did. Do you recall what color we had back then?? I cannot, (seems like it may have been a medium blue perhaps), but I do remember that when it went to the color that we had until this accident, I did not prefer it to what we had before. It seemed to be a step back in style to me, and it took me a long time to get used to it. I finally did, and am fine with it now, but would not be opposed to changing the color, as long as it is not anything like this.
When I joined in 2010, the site was shades of blue and grey. It was very easy to read. It was a shock to my system when the site switched to orange with black and blue type. It took quite a while to get used to it.

I hope this isn't taken as being critical as it's meant to improve websleuths. The orange is very bright on the eyes. Turning my monitor brightness down doesn't help. Nor does holding up my hand to shield the left side where all the orange is. My arm gets tired (I'm being serious). Plus, it's also in a bar that extends above this typing field.

Please, please give us back the lighter orange, or a way for us to select which color scheme we'd like. Multiple people in PMs are talking about how bright it is on the eyes.

Love websleuths and all you do!!!
It's happening! I was able to screenshot the problem, and WS Admin has suggested we talk about possible new colours for the layout while they work on how to fix it.

When the orange design came out, Tricia and I sat down at Starbucks together. We read and studied what the experts had to say about font styles and how they affect those with poorer vision. What you see is based on the experts.

When the orange design came out, Tricia and I sat down at Starbucks together. We read and studied what the experts had to say about font styles and how they affect those with poorer vision. What you see is based on the experts.
Well, I can tell you for free that you've done more than many folks. The amount out there who don't care or who are actively hostile to the needs of their users who have a disability or condition that affects how they access the internet is staggering.

I'm very much liking the color that exists for the emoji line - the pale yellow-manilla color.

I'm not such a fan of using a blue or lilac color. I think the existing emoji color is very efficient.

Lets just not go into holiday theme colors, as some businesses are doing.

View attachment 456022
ETA: IIRC, the background below the header was all white. ICBW, 5 years ago is a loooong time on the Internet, and I'm...old.
Every now and then I'll read an old thread and someone will describe a section of the layout (where the report button is, where the post numbers are, what colour the layout is, etc) and I'll be like, oh, that's obviously changed, then! And very, very rarely, there'll be a screenshot of a post, and that's even more fun, because it really gives me a feel for what the forum looked like at that specific moment in time.

I'm aware that I've come here very recently, to this place which has a very long history for a website, but I also tell people, completely honestly, that if I'd known WS existed twenty years ago, I would have been here then. It's fun to see what I would have seen if I had been here at twenty two, rather than forty two.

I DO very much appreciate the use of color in the format and not just sticking to industrial grey black and white. I find good use of color to very much enhance the WS experience.

The prior lighter orange was not bad at all, if it could be returned to that state.

Thank you, Administrator, for helping work it out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back