Software Update Feedback- Orange is too Intense.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People who have vision issues can struggle with reading the text color inside the boxes. My eye doctor were discussing this problem. Thankfully, my TV has options to change the text color for the Closed Captions.

Is it just my imagination, or is it now so dark that I can hardly read the text?
It isn't people's imagination - I have a couple of tabs open in my browser that I haven't refreshed since before the shift. The 'old' tabs, the orange is fairly pastel. The newer tabs, the orange is several shades stronger.

We may need to report this as a problem, maybe a mod can let us know what to do about IT requests. The orange is a problem for sensitive eyes and those suffering with migraines.

Correct, there was not any changes on colors, fonts nor any other styles.
The tabs in my browser show different shades of orange. The ones I haven't refreshed lately are still more pastel. Something has changed, I can side-by-side them and they're different.

Also, when the 'Messages have been posted since you loaded this page.View them?' bar comes up, the text is there but completely invisible, because it's the exact same orange shade as the bar. I can take a screen shot and post it here if you want.

orange2.png

The bar between the last post and my text box is meant to have the message about there being new posts in the thread on it. It has no visible text unless I drag to highlight it with my mouse.

orange.png

Repeating my post of a screen shot from one of my 'old tabs' to show the colour difference between old and new. I have not shifted the colour AT ALL on either image. I simply cropped them and scaled them from screenshots so they weren't enormous.

View attachment 456004

The bar between the last post and my text box is meant to have the message about there being new posts in the thread on it. It has no visible text unless I drag to highlight it with my mouse.

View attachment 456005

Repeating my post of a screen shot from one of my 'old tabs' to show the colour difference between old and new. I have not shifted the colour AT ALL on either image. I simply cropped them and scaled them from screenshots so they weren't enormous.

Thank you for the screenshot. Though I did not make any changes when upgrading the software, it is obvious things are different now. What strikes me as very odd is that out of 16 million colors it changed to a different shade of what we already had.

Prior to the upgrade we were in discussions to make some style changes. Expect this to put things in hurry up mode. Please bare with us as we sort this out.

In order to continue this conversation in a constructive manner, we would love to hear your ideas on what you would like to replace the orange with. If you really want to be specific you can visit https://www.canva.com/colors/color-wheel/ and grab the code (#******) that you prefer.

Dave

Thank you for the screenshot. Though I did not make any changes when upgrading the software, it is obvious things are different now. What strikes me as very odd is that out of 16 million colors it changed to a different shade of what we already had.

Prior to the upgrade we were in discussions to make some style changes. Expect this to put things in hurry up mode. Please bare with us as we sort this out.

In order to continue this conversation in a constructive manner, we would love to hear your ideas on what you would like to replace the orange with. If you really want to be specific you can visit https://www.canva.com/colors/color-wheel/ and grab the code (#******) that you prefer.

Dave
Thank you!

Here's my choice #65999a 1698331704747.png

Dave
<modsnip>

I know colour choices are very personal, but I'm partial to the teal sort of side of the spectrum. That, or purple. But right now, just about anything but pumpkin is preferable, despite how seasonal it is. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it's a "pastel" shade where I read the black and blue writing on top it doesn't matter what the colour ir to me. If we're sticking with orange hues then I think a shade of peach rather than the current Sunny Delight! LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mkmatti
Back