South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am convinced that SD must have had two cell phones as well......wasn't he captured on CCTV talking on cell phone after he returned to the hotel? and didn't he say they got his cell during the carjacking? IIRC

I recollect he was lent a phone by the hotel?

ETA: My thanks button is back!

yes, that's interesting, so either he was careful what he texted or is innocent?

texting is more discreet when dealing with a customer who is supposedly vacationing with his wife and making plans with the driver.....it wouldn't always be convenient or wise to be making phone calls (awkward LOL)

I recollect he was lent a phone by the hotel?

ETA: My thanks button is back!

hopefully LE took a long look at that telephone log too! and all other electronics available to him like tablets etc

Dewani's statement about Saturday night-

We then left the city area to go to dinner. We were travelling on a motorway. Tongo said there was one more thing we should see, a street restaurant which was famous because Jamie Oliver had been there. All the tourists, according to him. went there. We turned off the motorway. We ended up in a street flooded with people with loud music. We did not get out of the car. I remember that there was a shop with a red sign or light and on the street there was a barbecue. Most of the people I could see had drinks in their hands and seemed to be having a good time. We did a U-turn and went back to the motorway.

65. On the motorway Anni and I decided that neither of us felt like a heavy dinner as we had eaten rather late that afternoon. We would prefer lighter food. The menu for 96 Winery Road which the hotel had provided to us had a mushroom dish for vegetarians which Anni did not really fancy. We decided we would rather have sushi like we had at Sevruga the night before. We asked Tongo and he said that there was a restaurant a bit further away on the seafront where we could have sushi.

At our destination Tongo parked the car. Anni and I walked towards the restaurant along the edge of the car park which was right next to the beach. We followed Tongo as he led us into a building and eventually we came to a restaurant called Surfside.

67. I said to Tongo that I will text him when we were done. He did not come into the restaurant.

68. We were seated at large glass windows looking out over the sea. The restaurant had a wooden floor and slightly to the right of where we entered there was a dance floor and music was playing loudly.

69. I went to the toilet which was just inside the main door of the restaurant. Whilst in the toilet I received a missed call from Tongo. I returned the call. but the signal was bad and the restaurant’s music loud so I walked outside to speak to him. I asked him what he wanted. He wanted to know how much longer we were going to be. I was unsure as we had just ordered. I asked him about meeting the helicopter pilot. He told me he was still trying to get in touch and asked me whether I had the money. I told him that he should not worry about the money and to let me know if we were going to be able to meet him. I told him that the restaurant was not really our kind of place and I asked him what we could do afterwards. He said that there are lots of places we can go and he would tell us when we were done.

70. I went back to the table and our food arrived. I recall that whilst we were eating I received a text from Tongo to the effect that he had sorted it out to which I replied. I took this to mean that he had contacted the helicopter pilot. When we had finished eating I sent Tongo a text to say that we were coming out.

http://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/news/dewani-s-plea-to-court-1.1761270#.VFJEQzSUefU

So Anni looked at the menu while at hotel for the restaurant they had originally booked, 96 Winery Road, she didn't like it. They asked Tongo who suggested the sushi bar called Surfside.

I'm trying to get this straight in my head and for anyone else who may be confused, lol.

So Anni looked at the menu while at hotel for the restaurant they had originally booked, 96 Winery Road, she didn't like it. They asked Tongo who suggested the sushi bar called Surfside.

I'm trying to get this straight in my head and for anyone else who may be confused, lol.

the explanation in your post is really useful.......SD 's story is just that......and it is making a more complete picture....thanks

I am convinced that SD must have had two cell phones as well......wasn't he captured on CCTV talking on cell phone after he returned to the hotel? and didn't he say they got his cell during the carjacking? IIRC

the driver said that he had a blackberry as well as a nokia -- he gave the car jackers his nokia.....then next day bought a sim and put it in the blackberry... I believe that's where the X is on the inability to ttrace calls between SD and driver

Wasn't there something about the hotel lending him a phone.

wow!! a week long batchelor party

''23. On 31 August 2010 a group of my friends and I went to Las Vegas, for my stag party. We stayed there for a week and amongst other things I negotiated and booked a helicopter trip for us. Anni was in India at the time and confided in me that she was feeling overwhelmed and stressed as she had to do the planning and arrangements for the wedding on her own. She was finding it difficult to please everyone. She was also disappointed that she had not had a hen party."

http://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/news/dewani-s-plea-to-court-1.1761270#.VFJGcZUtDVJ

I add this today because we were discussing why SD would have US dollars at his disposal - guess was that it was leftover from his party days (daze) in LV

Wasn't there something about the hotel lending him a phone.

Thanks-- wonder if he had used it prior? --- perhaps that is how his call may not have been noted to Tongo as Tongo claimed?

Roy McKenzie ‏@RoyMcK 3 mins3 minutes ago Cape Town

Tongo insists he only found out on the Sunday morning the wife was killed #DewaniTrial

Sorry I haven't read all the way through yet, but I still find it weird that the newlywed couple's demeanour/interaction that evening when Tongo picked them up, drove them to eat etc suggested a business associate and not a married couple. Notwithstanding the fact that he alleges he'd been told she was a business associate and not a wife.

wow!! a week long batchelor party

''23. On 31 August 2010 a group of my friends and I went to Las Vegas, for my stag party. We stayed there for a week and amongst other things I negotiated and booked a helicopter trip for us. Anni was in India at the time and confided in me that she was feeling overwhelmed and stressed as she had to do the planning and arrangements for the wedding on her own. She was finding it difficult to please everyone. She was also disappointed that she had not had a hen party."

http://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/news/dewani-s-plea-to-court-1.1761270#.VFJGcZUtDVJ

I add this today because we were discussing why SD would have US dollars at his disposal - guess was that it was leftover from his party days (daze) in LV

A week long stag party in Las Vegas isn't really that over the top for someone as wealthy as SD appears to be. Over the last decade or so stag and hen parties have got more and more extravagant. Many fairly 'ordinary' people of ordinary means in the UK plan for a stag or hen party spread over a weekend and usually in a European capital or city, so the next step up would be a week's holiday a bit further afield/long haul!

Lots of people also take US $ abroad as well as/instead of the local currency, as it's usually accepted and easier to change. I took dollars to South America as a back up currency option so I find it convincing that SD had US $ as well as Rand.

What language did SD and AH speak to one another in? English? I remember her cousin gave evidence in English so I assume Anni was a fluent English speaker? Plus I think Anni and her cousin resided in England together prior to the engagement...

What language did SD and AH speak to one another in? English? I remember her cousin gave evidence in English so I assume Anni was a fluent English speaker? Plus I think Anni and her cousin resided in England together prior to the engagement...

They both spoke Gujarati (I'm not sure of spelling) as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the driver said that he had a blackberry as well as a nokia -- he gave the car jackers his nokia.....then next day bought a sim and put it in the blackberry... I believe that's where the X is on the inability to ttrace calls between SD and driver
Those who carry on a double life, carry on with double the mobiles.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Those who carry on a double life, carry on with double the mobiles.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

yes ..you are right... and more and more people have more than one line too -- one for biz and and one for pleasure/family

Someone on twitter's asking what R15000 is as dollars, but I'm more interested in how many tweets per min Leigh Anne Jansen's getting in!

(I think it's about $1370, btw).

Are we sure she's using her thumbs and not some kind of dictation software that she could whisper into somehow?

I definitely agree with this, who would risk doing an activity that carries some risks with a pilot that the unlicensed taxi driver knows. Especially when there is a professional service through the reputable hotel, I don't think so.

So, if I were SD I'd say, "I admit it, I'm a cheapskate, a bad one. I should have used the front desk but I figured I could get a really good deal on the helicopter ride if I went through locals."

So, if I were SD I'd say, "I admit it, I'm a cheapskate, a bad one. I should have used the front desk but I figured I could get a really good deal on the helicopter ride if I went through locals."

Ha ha ha! Point being did he really hand over the money for a helicopter ride? He's not really a cheapskate is he? Is he?

I saw your reply there Prime. I can't thank though, as my thanks button hasn't appeared for ages. Don't know if it's my computer or what.

When my "thanks' button disappears, I refresh/reload the page and it magically reappears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia