GUILTY South Africa - Gill Packham, 57, murdered, Cape Town, 22 February, 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
#Packham met with the deputy head in the passage, Adv Webster says, who was as worried as he was. Moore says he refused to speak to management. "He said, 'no, don't bother them, I'm okay. And then he left."

Adv Webster says there is nothing peculiar about #Packham wanting to see who was on the other side of the phone line. Moore agrees. No further questions.

Team News24 (@TeamNews24) | Twitter

at-wits-end-yahoo-emoticon.gif
Sheesh, you'd think someone would let us know what's happening. Isn't lunch at 1:00?

Was getting dinner ready here. Don’t know if I’m supposed to be aware of this, but it’s getting late for me and much later for you! :D

Sunsetting over the Indian Ocean 6.45pm.

Hag, it's just gone 2pm in SA. They normally finish around about 3, so I'll leave off for the night in 1 hour. I wish all court reporters would announce tea/lunch breaks but this happens so often, as you know. I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully.

Hag, it's just gone 2pm in SA. They normally finish around about 3, so I'll leave off for the night in 1 hour. I wish all court reporters would announce tea/lunch breaks but this happens so often, as you know. I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully.

This ones going to be an extra slog it seems. See you tomorrow, hopefully for a “full” court day. H.

Reactions: L2L
I am really sorry that I am unable to help with this trial. JJ is aware why. However, I did look in this morning and I have searched for video content.

At the moment all I can find is this:-

This will be historical, ie early this am. As yet, I am unsure if it is actually live or just being recorded and published on line later. That should be more apparent in the next 24 hours.

Rob and Gill #Packham's daughter, Nicola Packham is the State's next witness. Her testimony will not be streamed as it would make her uncomfortable as well as for privacy reasons.

Nicola #Packham testifies that she was contacted by the secretary at about 09:00 who asked for an alternative number for her mother. She asked if her father had been contacted and was told he could not be reached.

Nicola #Packham said she thought her parents had been at one of their counselling sessions when she too could not reach her father. Her father went home after going to the school. The alarm had still been activated, he told her.

Her father gave her regular updates about where he'd looked for her mother that day; at 18:00 he told her he had exhausted all possible options, Nicola testifies. #Packham told her he had been told at the police station he could only report her missing after 24 hrs.

Nicola had put out a call on social media trying to find information of Gill #Packham's whereabouts. She was in contact with a number of neighbourhood watches.She was later informed her mother's car had been found by someone who had been trying to assist, one Aden.

Nicola #Packham flew to Cape Town the next morning from Johannesburg after Aden told her there had been a body in the boot of the car found burning at Diep River Station. The car belonged to her mother.

The signal at her aunt's house was bad and when she tried to phone #Packham that night, she couldn't get through. Nicola reached him on the landline between 8:30 and 9pm and told him he was leaving the house.

Her parents had been receiving marriage counselling, Nicola #Packham said. Her mother was murdered 10 days after she moved out. When she moved, they had been spending time together, planning dates, 'it seemed they were starting a new relationship'.

In 2017, #Packham had told Gill he had been 'speaking to some other women' after Nicola insisted he speak to her. "I thought it was time for mum to know". She knew about the affair before her mother did - several years.

The back door of the #Packham house had been open, but the Trellidor was shut and locked. Nicola didn't find it alarming as it was summer in February and the gate was locked. She had never felt unsafe in the area or the house.

Why couldn't you reach him that morning, Galloway asks? Nicola #Packham said her father told her he was at the production line at the factory.

Cross examination. Nicola #Packham says her dad called her back at about 10:00 that morning, saying he was at the Twizza plant.

Nicola #Packham says they had regular contact. When her father had driven around looking for her mother, he was crying on the phone and distressed. Later panicky and stressed "because he didn't know where else to look".

After #Packham had left her aunt's house for home, her aunt had told Nicola she would go fetch him and take him to he Diep River police station. Aden, who contacted her via the missing person's post, said they must get to the police station.

While on the phone with the police station, Nicola #Packham heard on the radio that a green car had been found.

Her father confessed the affair to her mother in October 2017, Nicola #Packham confirms. They went for regular therapy in Claremont. Things appeared positive, and Nicola says they were considering renewing their vows.

Nicola says Rob #Packham for Christmas gave her mother an infinity ring - white gold or silver with diamonds. Both appeared committed to making things work, and were also individually seeing a therapist. Gill was prescribed medication to assist with emotional distress.

The Packhams were separated for a short period - no more than a week. They got back together on February 10 2018. Their therapy session on Feb 21 was about disclosure, and her mother was "upset about it", Nicola #Packham testifies.

Adv Webster asks about the flatlets in the backyard of the Constantia house. One self-catering cottage - attached by a wooden door - was occupied by an elderly couple. They would have been there the day of #Packham's disappearance.

Thank you sooo much IB for the video. This is fantastic. I only looked at YouTube once but didn't see it. It's not the same without it.

It was streamed live 3 hours ago.

Last edited:
On 21 Feb 2018, during the #Packhams' last thereapy session, they had spoken about the person with whom Rob had had an affair. Nicola said her father had previously said there were no feelings for her, but at that session he had said there had been. She is excused.

#Packham trial adjourns. Resumes on Tuesday at 10:00.

Thank you sooo much IB for the video. This is fantastic. I only looked at YouTube once but didn't see it. It's not the same without it.

It was streamed live 3 hours ago.

Couldn’t find this either, so pleased to see video, thanks to IB.

Here's a further video streamed an hour ago.

Couldn’t find this either, so pleased to see video, thanks to IB.

After IB posted her video I looked for it on YouTube but couldn't find it. I then searched Kyk regstreeks na die verhoor van Rob Packham and bingo, found hers and this one too.

So today's proceedings were a whopping 1hr 8 mins. Well, it is SA isn't it. Maybe we'll have a full day tomorrow, or maybe not.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back