SOUTH AFRICA - Marie Ostbo, 21, Sedgefield, Norwegian student, 18 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WC police still searching for clues to find missing Norwegian student
The police's Malcolm Poje: "Although the search has been stopped, we're still investigating the circumstances around the missing Norwegian girl. We've also engaged with the Norwegian police, who are assisting us in this regard, as well as our provincial detective branch. Unfortunately, at this stage we haven't found any new clues to assist us."

“One theory is that she has taken a bath‚ but I think that is unlikely. She has grown up by the sea and boats … and knows the sea is dangerous. In addition‚ her cellphone‚ her shoes and her cap were found 100 meters from the water‚ and Marie would never put it back there. Besides‚ she would never let her friends wait‚" he said."
Note that this article says "her cap."
(I think Dr. J. Bell was inquiring earlier)

Are LE following up on the theory that she drowned? Like, check ocean currents and search the areas her body might likely turn up? It might be unlikely that she went into the ocean but still, it's a theory that should be investigated imo.

Lady Poison and I are still desperately trying to pull funds together to go out there for a weekend and do investigating of our own and work through our theories.
Her family has said they do not want anyone to investigate on their own, as they trust that God will give them the answers. I really hope you will have a chance to investigate as the family is so Christian they trust that nothing bad is happening to Marie. To me that is incredibly naive!
Do you think she might be alive and being trafficked/sold etc.?

My husband's company has a large manufacturing plant there. He has visited several times in the last 10 years and said the crime was so bad, he wouldn't step foot out of the hotel at night or even in the daytime if alone. After the State Department issued a Level Two travel warning for the country in October, they cancelled all future trips there. My heart goes out for this young woman and her family.

rbbm.
28 April 2018
Mystery surrounds whereabouts of Norwegian student missing after beach walk | Weekend Argus
620x349
Marie Ostbo
"Cape Town - Haunting CCTV footage of a Norwegian student walking alone in failing light towards a Sedgefield beach, never to be seen again, forms part of an investigation that is unfolding like a gripping piece of Nordic crime noir."

"The only clues that she reached the beach were her shoes and cellphone lying neatly on the windswept sand, discovered by the frantic search party launched soon after her friend and the tour leader realised she was missing.

The only other evidence that police found was a cap that had been sent to Cape Town with Ostbo’s phone and shoes for forensic analysis, said Pojie."

"Family concerns were more clearly voiced by a friend who e-mailed a Knysna newspaper.

“Please tell me why the police have not yet traced down and interviewed the two men who was observed by the video camera by the beach when this girl disappeared?”

(They were questioned and cleared, confirmed Pojie.)"

I´m in Norway and think of Marie often. I also occasionally check her fathers facebook.
I have a bad feeling that she is still alive but being trafficked or even worse. It makes me sick to think about it. What also makes me sick is that people leave things like this in the hands of "God". It may be a comfort for the family but I'm sure its not for Marie if she is alive!

I´m in Norway and think of Marie often. I also occasionally check her fathers facebook.
I have a bad feeling that she is still alive but being trafficked or even worse. It makes me sick to think about it. What also makes me sick is that people leave things like this in the hands of "God". It may be a comfort for the family but I'm sure its not for Marie if she is alive!
The thought of Marie being trafficked is horrifying BUT, it would also mean that she might still be alive and therefore, hopefully rescued.
Wondering if there would be any reason for her to leave of her own volition, perhaps for a man that would not be approved by her family?
Hoping she was not simply washed away at sea.
speculation, imo.

Thanks, MissEhrmann. I don't know which of the two opions could be worse. When I saw a couple new posts were here, I was so hopeful she may have been found. :(

Her family has said they do not want anyone to investigate on their own, as they trust that God will give them the answers. I really hope you will have a chance to investigate as the family is so Christian they trust that nothing bad is happening to Marie. To me that is incredibly naive!
Do you think she might be alive and being trafficked/sold etc.?

Unfortunately I've been in a position where I was working 7 days a week for 3 months and literally didn't have time to keep looking into her case but I'm finally able to get back into it and have not let it go.
I was currently up in Pretoria in Johannesburg and had no idea that the human trafficking was so rife! I knew coastal towns were affected but had no idea the reach it had in South Africa.
So yes sadly I do think she was caught up in Human trafficking because sad to say but blonds with blue eyes fetch the highest price. She was a perfect target.
My work will be taking me to Mossel Bay in the very near future which means that I will be in the Garden Route and able to do digging right there. The government don't want it known but our coastal towns are increasingly dangerous.

Unfortunately I've been in a position where I was working 7 days a week for 3 months and literally didn't have time to keep looking into her case but I'm finally able to get back into it and have not let it go.
I was currently up in Pretoria in Johannesburg and had no idea that the human trafficking was so rife! I knew coastal towns were affected but had no idea the reach it had in South Africa.
So yes sadly I do think she was caught up in Human trafficking because sad to say but blonds with blue eyes fetch the highest price. She was a perfect target.
My work will be taking me to Mossel Bay in the very near future which means that I will be in the Garden Route and able to do digging right there. The government don't want it known but our coastal towns are increasingly dangerous.

Thank you doing that Dr.J.Bell! But please be careful!

Maybe some of the women who have been rescued may know something about Marie?
Trafficking ring exposed | The Star
19 June 2018
"A human-trafficking ring is suspected to be behind the abduction of 46 women in Gauteng and other parts of the country, who have been rescued after they were found locked up in a dingy room in Joburg.

Family members of a Joburg woman, who was apparently on the verge of being shipped out with dozens of others to an unknown destination before she was rescued, have expressed their relief and gratitude.

Oxfam senior media and communications manager Isaac Mangena yesterday confirmed that the women were rescued after being held captive in a room.

He said Julia Dingiswayo was found along with 45 other women packed into the room, where some of the women had been held captive since January.

They were preparing to be “shipped overseas by ruthless and dirty men”, according to Mangena.

Julia was apparently abducted last month while on her way home from work, after leaving the Gautrain platform at Park station in central Joburg, where she took a metered taxi, which had apparently led to her kidnapping."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back