South Africa - Martin, 55, Theresa, 54, Rudi van Breda, 22, murdered, 26 Jan 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desai J is really on the ball, and he has to be with cunning Botha. Can you imagine this in front of a jury? Desai isn't letting him get away with anything.

Imagine if it was Masipa. :facepalm:

Ah got it! No intruder prints - all accounted for except in bathroom. Duh.

(rsbm)

It seems to me in all fairness, the State witnesses should have it explained to them in advance that Botha is going to do everything in his power to undermine them and make them sound uncertain or incompetent, and they need to be ready to stand up to his particular method of inquisition. What a bully the guy is.

They should all be aware of this, in particular the experts like VdW. They've probably all testified in court before and know how it goes. The more senior they are, the more they'll be prepared for defence tactics.

I'm not sure why he says this was a big witness for the state.

Does anyone else know and I'm being blind?

No, I don't get it at all. I didn't get it yesterday either - I thought B's excruciating cross examining yesterday was supposed to be leading up to him dropping some bombshell but unless I was asleep at the time, I don't think that happened, did it? Is it still going to happen, do we suppose? Or has he gone to Plan B instead? I'm a bit baffled by all of this. :dunno:

Well done you. Today left me quite confused.

Yes, just seconding "well done you" - I was never going to figure that out by myself, not at this time of night anyway!

11.30pm here. Nighty night all! :eek:fftobed:

Oh, and thanks for all the amazing retweetings - much appreciated. :tyou:

G'night Fluffykins.

Yes, big thank you once again Prime and JJ for all your work copying over the tweets.

I'm guessing the Converse All Stars bagged up and their prints in blood are HvB's. Can't see any of the first responders wearing those.

I'm guessing the Converse All Stars bagged up and their prints in blood are HvB's. Can't see any of the first responders wearing those.

Why did we not hear who they belonged to? Who is going to tell us that now vdW has finished his evidence? Sorry if I am being a bit thick.

So Botha's expert wants the inconclusive prints in the bathroom to be personnel boots. And even if they are, the amazing Ninja intruders came and left without a trace. Hovered above the floor.

And he finished x-exam without scoring any points. Nothing he could say or do. Perhaps he will say they left prints that the police deliberately didn't mark and photograph?

Why did we not hear who they belonged to? Who is going to tell us that now vdW has finished his evidence? Sorry if I am being a bit thick.

It will come down to the fact that the rest of the family was incapacitated, and not wearing shoes in bed, so couldn't have left those prints. But I don't know who will say it or how that will be put into the state's case.

It will come down to the fact that the rest of the family was incapacitated, and not wearing shoes in bed, so couldn't have left those prints. But I don't know who will say it or how that will be put into the state's case.

Got you! I fully expected somebody to say today that certain prints, either with shoes or without, would indicate HvB's pattern of movement within the house. I imagined that HvB's blooded feet would have left an important trail. I can see now that it really only was important to find if there were other unidentified prints in the house. doh! I was being thick! LOL.

Got you! I fully expected somebody to say today that certain prints, either with shoes or without, would indicate HvB's pattern of movement within the house. I imagined that HvB's blooded feet would have left an important trail. I can see now that it really only was important to find if there were other unidentified prints in the house. doh! I was being thick! LOL.
No not thick. This case will (hopefully) be sealed on the fact of what evidence should be there but isn't, as much as blowing apart HvB's story.

He's lost it now. An intruder could not have got out of there without leaving a trail of footprints and bloody handprints - gloved or not - climbing over the wall or gate. HvB couldn't fake a trail of shoes not to be found in the house without having taken some shoes specifically and done the gate hike himself, but then he'd have to have disposed of those shoes and taken a spare pair with him to walk back home in.

We still haven't heard about Sasha's prints. I feel she must have been put in the garden first, which if true shows more planning.

No not thick. This case will (hopefully) be sealed on the fact of what evidence should be there but isn't, as much as blowing apart HvB's story.

He's lost it now. An intruder could not have got out of there without leaving a trail of footprints and bloody handprints - gloved or not - climbing over the wall or gate. HvB couldn't fake a trail of shoes not to be found in the house without having taken some shoes specifically and done the gate hike himself, but then he'd have to have disposed of those shoes and taken a spare pair with him to walk back home in.

We still haven't heard about Sasha's prints. I feel she must have been put in the garden first, which if true shows more planning.

You are very kind. I completely misunderstood the relevance of much of today/s evidence until you pointed out the reason. :)

Re Sasha. I think she must have been put in the garden or in the garage. This implies premeditation. HvB is really sunk.

I don't believe there is a pair of Converse All Stars in evidence. Unless I misunderstood your comment?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member