South Africa - Martin, 55, Theresa, 54, Rudi Van Breda, 22, Murdered, 26 Jan 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet as soon as I step away to boil the kettle he'll read the verdict.

https://twitter.com/HiRezLife
[FONT=&quot]Family dog Sasha didn't bark when alleged intruders broke in...[/FONT]#VanBreda[FONT=&quot] said it was normal for Sasha not to bark at strangers.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As I recall Sasha was also an epileptic....or on seizure meds.[/FONT]

doesn't make sense that he said Sasha was deaf and would bark at telephone ringing / doorbell.

Judge Desai dealing with the difference in the accused's statement to police, his plea explanation and his evidence given in court

During cross examination of Op't Hof it was suggested that the movie was 2 hours long, the accused conceded that if they watched the movie after dinner around 9 that his evidence was wrong

Accused could not recall where he was stationed when he opened the bathroom door and saw the attack on his brother

Accused struggled to explain his fathers position on the bed when he testified, his father was trying to attack and probably trying to protect Rudi

In the plea and in his testimony the accused states that he remembers the attacker laughing this wasn't in the police statement. He described it as a high pitched giggle, the accused had impression that the attacker was having fun

In his statement he said he heard his mother being attacked outside the bedroom but in his evidence he said he could not recall if he heard his mother being attacked

When confronted with the discrepancy on where the attacker got the knife, a third version was given, he said the attacker recovered very quickly after being disarmed, he saw the knife in his hand when being approached by the attacker

Judge Desai is still going through Henri's versions to the police, in his plea and his actual evidence in court, and identifying areas where his version was different

Family's dog Sasha- no statements were made that the dog barked, Accused testified that he could not remember if Sasha barked but he didn't think she did bark she was sickly at the time

Accused testified that the first thing he recalled from the morning was seeing Marli. It seems unlikely that Sasha would not have barked at the intruders

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/ju...n-in-triple-axe-murder-accused-van-breda-case

attacker approached with knife while Henri was in possession of axe

I bet as soon as I step away to boil the kettle he'll read the verdict.

Court normally adjourns at 4.00 so he's either going to go overtime or will continue tomorrow. This would be an enormous judgment, but amazingly it's only the extract. I think I'll nominate the judgment itself for the Guiness Book of Records.

Court normally adjourns at 4.00 so he's either going to go overtime or will continue tomorrow. This would be an enormous judgment, but amazingly it's only the extract. I think I'll nominate the judgment itself for the Guiness Book of Records.
I think he'll keep going now or he'd have adjourned for the afternoon already.

discusses likelihood that Martin knew who was in the room and felt safe to approach.

odd that a killer would wipe out an entire family... and leave one person.

duration of emergency call exceptionally long...(like this judgement)

accused displayed peculiar lack of empathy...instead opted to phone teenage friend.

discusses likelihood that Martin knew who was in the room and felt safe to approach.

I wonder if Henri, planned only to kill Rudi, and then Martin etc became involved.
Therefore killing others and maiming Marli, as now others knew.

Accused - unimpressive as witness. answers vague, failed test of logic, adjusted answers subtly and contradicted himself. standard answers to difficult questions were uninformative like "I should have"..

Can I just thank you for the commentary- having trouble watching the live video and the live blogs do not go as in depth. Thank you from a follower in Australia xx

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anything is possible in the realm of human experience objective facts establish accused was perpetrator of crime

Strange that the one person who went upstairs and attacked was also the one armed with axe and the knife

Accused also not perturbed by the accused's presence and leaving the room with the accused in it exposed the attacker to the risk of the accused attacking him - unlikely

Accused testified that he did not know what he intended to do when he followed the attacker after disarming him, he left the kitchen door open without locking it, strange that he did not secure the house by at least locking the back door

It’s odd that such a ruthless killer ran away with at least one perpetrator, there were plenty of other knifes in the kitchen, it seems odd that the killer would wipe out and entire family and just leave one person

Accused appeared to be content to have a long conversation while every second went by where he could try and save his family even if he just sat with his family members to comfort them, peculiar lack of empathy

Court finds that there is no credible evidence that an intruder entered the estate and the house that night

He was fully conscious and responsible for his actions for the period before any alleged seizure took place

Accused was the perpetrator of the crime as the only reasonable finding

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...di-van-Breda-22-murdered-26-Jan-2015-5/page32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay