GUILTY South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, do you mean 12.00 PM? I’ve been having problems getting on here (WS) for last half hour or so. Hoping things settle.
Oh I'm going crazy! Yes, 12:00pm sorry!

Reactions: Hag

I had to look this up:

Load Shedding
is a technique used in information systems, especially web services, to avoid overloading the system and making it unavailable for all users. The idea is to ignore some requests rather than crashing a system and making it fail to serve any request.

Considerations shaping the design of load shedding algorithms include:

• when one of several load balanced servers becomes unavailable due to overload, all other servers will receive a higher load, potentially leading to more overload and a snow-ball effect which takes down the entire system.
  • when one part in a system of microservices starts becoming slower due to high load, other services will have waiting requests queuing up, potentially more than fits in their memory, which could again take down the entire system.
A popular open-source tool for defending against delays in downstream systems is Hystrix [1]

I had to look this up:

Load Shedding
is a technique used in information systems, especially web services, to avoid overloading the system and making it unavailable for all users. The idea is to ignore some requests rather than crashing a system and making it fail to serve any request.

Considerations shaping the design of load shedding algorithms include:

• when one of several load balanced servers becomes unavailable due to overload, all other servers will receive a higher load, potentially leading to more overload and a snow-ball effect which takes down the entire system.
  • when one part in a system of microservices starts becoming slower due to high load, other services will have waiting requests queuing up, potentially more than fits in their memory, which could again take down the entire system.
A popular open-source tool for defending against delays in downstream systems is Hystrix [1]
Good heavens! Thanks tmar! I see 12:30pm mentioned now on twitter,

Morning all. Delay in proceedings because of loadshedding I'm reading on twitter.

It's taken me 10 minutes to get on the site! I hope we don't have problems here too.

Dto3q9GXgAAcrxw.jpg

Jason Rohde handcuffed and in running shoes arrives for sentencing proceedings. BUT load shedding halts proceedings and he is led down to cells again.

(@AJGMolyneaux) | Twitter

What do you reckon is the go with the colourful running shoes with his suit? These have laces! Why not his dress leathers, which may or may not have had laces?

Thinking they might be tights he's wearing, not the usual men's trousers? Upper body in suit attire for appearances & lower in casual prison gear?

Yes, think you’re right. His trousers do look to be tight. Still, wondering about him having laced shoes! Perhaps not so back at the prison.

I'd love to know more about him sacking half his legal team in February. I don't think it was about money. I think they came to know something.

Videos
LIVE
WATCH LIVE: Jason Rohde sentencing procedures get underway

When did the murder of a past lawyer take place?:eek:
Crossed my mind, but I don't think that was connected. At the time only one official tweeter posted something about there was a conflict of interests and then everyone else started saying it was cost cutting. I never overlooked that first tweet, I think that was quickly buried.

Personally I wonder if it was something to do with the mistress Jolene.

We should be live any time now...

yes it's just gone live

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay