South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a link about the scarf in here. In the article the neighbor is interviewed and he said LE were everywhere.

Seems like there MUST have been some media around then....unless they were kept too far away to get any pictures at all. It would have been close to dark at that time of year, so maybe there just are no pictures that show the area the LE activity was centered on the property.

jmo

Interesting - except Austin didn't go to SHHS - he went to Springfield. At the moment I don't think it's clear how they met. Also, Austin's sister (or someone who is widely believed to be Austin's sister) commented on someone's facebook status the day Phoebe died that when she told him that Phoebe died he told her why she did it and started laughing.

I too thought that he was just an innocent bystander - just someone Phoebe had a fling with after her and SM broke up. However I'm beginning to think he was a pretty sucky person, as well. JMO! :)

I don't know what to think of Austin, yet. That comment by the sister is disconcerting, but some sisters and brothers misunderstand and dislike each other, at times, I've found. And teenaged boys are are to read. They do sometimes laugh when uncomfortable, imo. Mine does, anyways.

I am not excusing Austin. At all. I just don't know enough about his part in this.

wonderful post, burbqueen...thanks for sharing.

I was/am a sensitive person, too and I prefer sensitive people as friends. We feel more. It adds another dimension. I would think there are many of us online and on this forum. Sensitive people tend to enjoy time alone, I've found....recharging. Feeling everything in this world can be exhausting. I try to consider these things when I think of Phoebe. It seems to me, she was sensitive, too.

so...from me to you...*HUGS*...did you feel that, my friend? ;)

maybe see if there are yearbook photos on austin. and he may not be at SHHS, now...he may have been 1 of the ones "removed"....his pic, that's in the media, appears to be a yearbook pic to me, where'd the media get it?...

thanks paladine. I just feel that sensative people get a bad rap. You can be sensative and not weak. I'm not sensative at all now and feel it has been kind "beaten" out of me thru my experiences in my life, but I am a loner. My sensativity expresses itself in other ways. I am always quick to speak up for the underdog or those that are too scared to defend themselves.

I just feel that no one should apologize for being different or more heart felt than others. We humans have all types of personalities.

Do we have proof of that...? Not to call you out, I've just never seen it. I knew he lived in Springfield but I assumed he went to SHHS.

It's okay - you can call me out :) just doing a quick search I couldn't find proof that he went to Springfield, but also couldn't find proof that he went to SHHS. He's also the only one that doesn't live in South Hadley. I'll try to search more though. I must have read something to be under the assumption he went to another high school or else I would have assumed he went to the same school as the others.

About his sister - it's very true that she might just be saying stuff to make him look bad. It's just such a serious matter though, I can't imagine even if she didn't like him that she would say something like that, and on the day Phoebe died. Maybe she misunderstood his actions, it's completely possible. I guess until we have more information it's just impossible to know for sure.

ETA: found this quick quote from run4chocolate's blog
Austin Renaud is not from South Hadley so I exclude him from this call for formal expulsion from SHHS.
. Sorry nothing more official but I'm at work so can't research as much as usual ;)

ETA AGAIN!: to post the link ;) http://run4chocolate.wordpress.com/...dents-indicted-in-the-death-of-phoebe-prince/

I was/am a sensitive person, too and I prefer sensitive people as friends. We feel more. It adds another dimension. I would think there are many of us online and on this forum. Sensitive people tend to enjoy time alone, I've found....recharging. Feeling everything in this world can be exhausting. I try to consider these things when I think of Phoebe. It seems to me, she was sensitive, too.

I agree so much. Being sensitive IS so exhausting - and I do need A LOT of alone time to recharge often. and yes, I do believe Phoebe was sensitive. A lot of the things she apparently said as far as not being a tough girl, not knowing how to fight, just wanting to be left alone - are definitely things I could see myself saying. she likely took a lot of the things these girls said to heart. I'm sure she tried to block or ignore quite a bit of it as well, but the constant onslaught of insults likely just got right to her.

I agree so much. Being sensitive IS so exhausting - and I do need A LOT of alone time to recharge often. and yes, I do believe Phoebe was sensitive. A lot of the things she apparently said as far as not being a tough girl, not knowing how to fight, just wanting to be left alone - are definitely things I could see myself saying. she likely took a lot of the things these girls said to heart. I'm sure she tried to block or ignore quite a bit of it as well, but the constant onslaught of insults likely just got right to her.

So true. That's why I am not closed to the idea it was suicide.

But I had a thought last night, after reading that piece about county clare and their attitude about suicide. I wondered if Phoebe was Catholic or Protestant...my late Husband was Irish Catholic....and I do not know how things are in Ireland of late, although I did see a possible IRA bombing reported yesterday, I believe. Could her religion have been a reason for other difficulties in Ireland, if there we're difficulties?

Hi everyone. I am trying to catch up, I have been looking for the court documents so that I could read them and I am not having a whole lot of luck. Were the full pages of documents released or just the snippets that I read here: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/court_documents_detail_hurtful.html

I had an idea that others visiting our site might be able to benefit from a documents thread( no discussion), maybe branch out into a couple of threads or something like that? This one thread is moving so quickly and you all have done such a great job in keeping the articles updated, but maybe if we put a media links thread for Phoebe in(no discussion) then the documents thread, I don't know, I have a feeling when this case really gets busy in trial and stuff we are going to wish we didn't have to search for stuff. What does everyone think?

A ha....found some I think. I wonder if i should ask a mod about the new threads.

So true. That's why I am not closed to the idea it was suicide.

But I had a thought last night, after reading that piece about county clare and their attitude about suicide. I wondered if Phoebe was Catholic or Protestant...my late Husband was Irish Catholic....and I do not know how things are in Ireland of late, although I did see a possible IRA bombing reported yesterday, I believe. Could her religion have been a reason for other difficulties in Ireland, if there we're difficulties?

I'm pretty sure she was catholic. One of the pictures released is of her and Lauren at I think her first communion. Also in Ireland I believe they had a mass for her. It could have been a difficulty. It has also been mentioned that because Phoebe was actually born in England and not Ireland that may also have been a factor, although I've only seen that discussed as comments to articles and not actually articles. The difficulty in the other school is another issue that would be nice to figure out.

All these kids are being charged as juveniles and as youthful offenders?

I'm pretty sure she was catholic. One of the pictures released is of her and Lauren at I think her first communion. Also in Ireland I believe they had a mass for her. It could have been a difficulty. It has also been mentioned that because Phoebe was actually born in England and not Ireland that may also have been a factor, although I've only seen that discussed as comments to articles and not actually articles. The difficulty in the other school is another issue that would be nice to figure out.

Agree that she must have been Catholic, the funeral in the US was also referred to as a Mass.

The boarding school she attended in Ireland, Villiers, is official Protestant but they do not limit admissions to that.

I'd love a link or dox thread, elle...it'd be much easier to re-find links...I wait to see others thoughts on that...

The charges documents released so far are only for the younger three. The ones for the Mullins and the two boys have not been released yet.
And why is that? I want to know why their papers were not released. Some say, maybe it's because of the rape charges involving a minor. But Narey isn't charged with rape! WHY?

And why is that? I want to know why their papers were not released. Some say, maybe it's because of the rape charges involving a minor. But Narey isn't charged with rape! WHY?

I've asked in a couple of places and haven't gotten a satisfactory answer. The two best guesses I've come across are either that its delayed or not coming out because these are adult charges, the other is because of the rape charges. Since Narey's has not been released maybe it's related to being adult charges?

Any lawyers lurking? :)

Alleged bullies likely being tutored
Updated: Monday, 12 Apr 2010, 4:09 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 12 Apr 2010, 4:09 PM EDT

SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. (WWLP) - All six students who allegedly bullied Phoebe Prince before she committed suicide are no longer at South Hadley High School.

Some of the students left South Hadley High School on their own and others were "removed." But, the superintendent wouldn't clarify whether that meant they were suspended or expelled.
We tried to contact the Superintendent of South Hadley's public schools today to find out if any of the six students involved in the Phoebe Prince case have been expelled. He did not return our phone calls.

expelled, suspended, OR...did they just leave?
http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/Alleged-bullies-likely-being-tutored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member