South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to further qualify my theory on the possibility that it wasn't suicide. For anyone who hasn't yet seen it, it is on page 31 of this thread if you are interested. Too many questions are left unanswered, and it is suspicious that her death was ruled a suicide only 24 hours after her death. Isn't it or shouldn't it be protocol to treat every death as a homicide until it can absolutely be proven a suicide, especially when threats of physical violence occurred only 2 hours prior? Plus I saw an article where the coroner said (and I'm paraphrasing) that there were ligature marks that were the result of her being asphyxiated by her scarf...well no duh!! If she were choked with it there would be the same ligature marks. If she were still alive when they hung her (because she was merely unconscious) then her "autopsy" results would have been skewed The reason why is because the bruising around the neck would be congruent with a hanging suicide because the heart is still pumping blood. If she were already dead then there would be little or no bruising. The ligature marks are usually where a murderer makes their mistake. In most cases someone is choked by hand or with some other object, then another object is used to frame it as a suicidal hanging. In this case it is very possible that the murder weapon and the frame object are one in the same. I am still stuck on the scarf. It was a gift from her sister that by all accounts she was very close with. Why hang herself with a sentimental object and where her sister would definitely be the one to find her? She was known to wear scarves, which she was always harassed for. This quote was found in an article posted earlier -"The photograph shows a young girl sitting in a schoolroom, peering out from under her fringe. She's smiling shyly at the person holding the camera phone. Around her neck she wears a bright orange scarf, something that would sometimes be roughly pulled from her neck by bullies, but today remains just so. " With so many scarves to choose from, again why that one? Also to the point of her being picked on for wearing scarves, wouldn't it make sense to use that as the murder weapon (as if in some poetic sort of way?) I know that it wasn't too long ago that there was a 13 year old girl who hung herself in her closet and I know there is an argument that it is possible, however there is probably a size difference involved. I would have to dig up the articles on the other girl to see exactly what the circumstances were to compare it to Phoebe's case. Either way there are way too many holes in this case. Maybe the court docs will reveal something when released or leaked, but I still fee there is the strong possibility that it was murder. I cannot say for sure, but the circumstances surrounding and after her death are at the very least suspicious. Oh one more thing, a quote pulled from the same article -"Initially Phoebe's death was treated as another teen suicide -- a tragically regular occurrence in US public schools. David LaBrie, the police chief in South Hadley said: "A teenage girl appears to have taken her own life ... a myriad of issues could have been involved." Notice the use of the phrase"appears to have" and not the word "has". Maybe I read into things to much but it sounds like "a myriad of issues could have been involved" sounds like a cop-out to me - no pun intended.

To address the suicide note issue, yes there is no guarantee that anyone who commits suicide will leave a note, however we can examine the likelihood that someone will. In her case she was a "writer and poet", but then again what 15 year old girl isn't? But exactly to that point, there should have been a note. Teens (especially girls) are big on expressing their feelings. Why wouldn't she have done so a moment before she died? Why not tell her family that she was sorry but couldn't take it anymore, or tell her little sister that she's sorry for leaving her. And why not spit in the face (poetically) of her harassers? It just doesn't seem to add up for a girl of that age. I just really wish someone would do some real investigative reporting on all or most of these points, If it turns out I'm wrong I will concede, but until then, someone has to raise these questions, after all, obviously the lame stream media and SH isn't.

FYI: this is a copy of a post I left for JBean on the threadtiquette thread...I hope we get these threads. :praying: But if we don't...I'll be okay...lol...;)

"2 more ideas, JBean...creative ideas, maybe...hopefully, not too creative...

A thread for actual websleuthing...bringing leads from other sites and piecing them together...it would be amazing, I think...not posting the actual text, but just a "heads up, check this out", kinda deal...and then taking that info and writing our own posts...deveolping theorys...sounds like fun, huh?

Or a "murder vs suicide" thread...where we could dissect info surrounding the actual death....more technical info, links/info/discussion on hanging, TOD, logistics...

Thanks, JBean... "

me too! off topic but does anyone know how early they would be out? I'll be stopping at wawa (the convenience store new jerseyans can't live without, for those not on the east coast ;)) probably before 8:00 a.m. and was hoping to pick up a copy on my way to work. If not I'll have to run to a store during my lunch break.

I voted on the poll first thing this morning and saw it was 99% to 1% - I figured I was the only person at that point who had voted - glad to see it's still like that 12 hours later. The powers that be in South Hadley may want to slide this under the rug and blame Phoebe - but I think a large majority of the rest of the country sees it differently and won't let it go that easily. I hope, anyway.

New Jersey? Deer loward. :p

I voted that poll late in the afternoon and it was still showing 99-1... I think it may be broken. Can't imagine that no SH head in the sand type or internet trolls haven't hit it by now.

New details on Phoebe Prince, slammed into lockers, told to kill herself on Facebook

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/news/periscope/new-details-on--phoebe-prince-slammed-into-lockers-told-to-kill-herself-on-facebook-90997289.html

At first she sough solace in her iPod about which she had once written "I have a song for every moment and mood of my day."
After a French class after lunch Phoebe seemed increasingly despondent to friends. She described an incident of bullying to them and said "I'll find way out of this problem."

Little did the friends know she was talking about killing herself.

Her death confounded her friends who pointed out that she signed off her text messages with a saying "life is an opportunity in itself."

me thinks this shall be a difficult read tomorrow a.m. :\

New Jersey? Deer loward. :p

I voted that poll late in the afternoon and it was still showing 99-1... I think it may be broken. Can't imagine that no SH head in the sand type or internet trolls haven't hit it by now.

yes...I've been thinking the same thing lately :rolleyes: oh, and nobody from new jersey is like those kids on the jersey shore. we hate that show - those kids are not even from new jersey...so no stereotyping, please :)

I think the magazine should be already in stores by the time you go in, mainly because the stores usually try to clean up their stores and stock new items before they actually open for the next day. I'm probably getting this magazine either tomorrow afterschool or on Saturday.

And the poll proves that South Hadley people live in a bubble, and hopefully the bubble will be popped with this magazine issue.

thanks so much!

EXACTLY what I was thinking...check out the replies off that comment...they allude to such, as well. I've read it many places (not confirmed sources). SauerKraut has something on her...I'll search and post later if I can, I'm a little busy tonight.

But if anyone searches over there, you'll find it.
http://run4chocolate.wordpress.com/

For the first time in days the masslive forum has some interesting strings going. Still plenty of nastiness, but there's some interesting talk about both the students at the rally as well as a variety of business connections between people in town.

Kris...I want to go over your post in the a.m. when I'm not tired. Just reading that it was declared a suicide in the first 24 hrs, if true, causes me unease. I'll be back in the a.m.

Amazing post, Kris.

so the link I just posted at the top of the thread I got from the Phoebe Prince Memorial Page on facebook. let's just say I think there will be some interesting comments as a result if any of you have a facebook, some popcorn, and a few hours to kill (oh, you might need alcohol to get through it without punching your computer screen, just a suggestion). I'll think I'll just skip it for now and get some sleep ;)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phoebe-Prince-Memorial-Page/105352276172296

I have never in my life bought People magazine before, but I will tomorrow. I think I'd rather have a happier reason for doing so. :-|

ha, made me giggle a bit but also made me sad as I have a feeling it's going to be a morose day tomorrow after reading it.

I would think if enough inconsistancies are found, posted, and presented to an investigative reporter, they'd consider it. Maybe even Cullen. Right now, though...we know too little. We need more info...

I would think if enough inconsistancies are found, posted, and presented to an investigative reporter, they'd consider it. Maybe even Cullen. Right now, though...we know too little. We need more info...

yea true. It would definitely be helpful to have police reports/autopsy results/crime scene info but who knows when or if that will be released?

oh, what did I just say about going to bed?? ahhh goodnight everyone!

You're free to start threads yourself, of course.
Yes...but I'm afraid they would be against TOS...and I don't like getting in trouble, it's a result of a very strict upbringing. ;)

If you say it's cool...consider it done. I await confirmation. :)

yea true. It would definitely be helpful to have police reports/autopsy results/crime scene info but who knows when or if that will be released?

oh, what did I just say about going to bed?? ahhh goodnight everyone!

Maybe never, especially if this gets settled somehow before a trial. Then we might never know. I think we will eventually learn more even in that non-trial case because there is enough interest that one or more books will be written eventually, and the inevitable Lifetime movie of the week.

Good night, bear. :)

Or one of those true crime authors... never read one but I see the books everytime I go the airport. At least one is probably already making notes.

DONE! We have 2 MORE new threads, peeps!!

Check them out and let's fill them with posts! This is going to be great...:)

Bummer...I gotta go...see ya'll tomorrow...

Holding officials accontable is now considered a 'witch hunt'...by his fella, anyways...

OMG...

"Witch hunts won’t bring Phoebe Prince back"
Of course, every school must create a safe climate for all students and must deal promptly with complaints. But parents are the ones most responsible for their children’s values and behavior. If the South Hadley bullies acted as alleged, resulting in Phoebe Prince’s suicide, then why aren’t more people in the community asking how those families could raise such children?

Everyone needs to stop blaming school officials and parents, and start working together for the common good. Public witch hunts won’t bring Phoebe Prince back. What’s more, they make it harder to learn how to prevent such tragedies in the future.

Dan Cheever
Wareham
The writer was superintendent of schools in Lincoln and Weston and was president of Wheelock and Simmons colleges.
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...16/witch_hunts_wont_bring_phoebe_prince_back/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18