South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have time to point out all the inconsistencies in this school newsletter Feb./10 and the schools public statements...but they're there...take a look..PDF...if I was a parent of a student there, I'd be enraged. Are they lying NOW or BEFORE? 'We dealt with it right' AND 'We didn't know'...don't mesh...

Number #1, though? AFTER she died, they sent a newsletter that, in part, said, "after she died we began to hear information that Phoebe was bullied"!!
PDF, again... http://www.shschools.com/shhs/documents/newsletters/February.pdf

Belinda, welcome. You are safe and among friends here! Please contribute often. You are 100% right, feeling safe is such a basic need in life.

I don't have time to point out all the inconsistancies in this school newsletter Feb./10 and the schools public statements...but they're there...take a look..PDF...if I was a parent of a student there, I'd be enraged. Are they lying NOW or BEFORE? 'We dealt with it right' AND 'We didn't know'...don't mesh...

Number #1, though? AFTER she died, they sent a newsletter that, in part, said, "after she died we began hearing stories of bullying"!!
PDF, again... http://www.shschools.com/shhs/documents/newsletters/February.pdf

Dag nabbit...I couldn't snip from the newsletter but, what a farce, what a complete injustice to Phoebe. In working through their investigation they said they began to hear information that Phoebe was bullied. We know from reports that Phoebe's mother contacted the school, so why try to claim that they didn't know this young girl wasn't being bullied?

ETA...the rest of the newsletter turns my stomach.

Dag nabbit...I couldn't snip from the newsletter but, what a farce, what a complete injustice to Phoebe. In working through their investigation they said they began to hear information that Phoebe was bullied. We know from reports that Phoebe's mother contacted the school, so why try to claim that they didn't know this young girl wasn't being bullied?

I edited my original post slightly...I had the quote off in my haste to post. But it's the same lie...

"after she died we began to hear information that Phoebe was bullied"

The school is trying to cover their butts and avoid a lawsuit. When someone said their soul hurts I too feel the same. 2 1/2 months to go and I think do I really wanna bring a kid into this world?

The school is trying to cover their butts and avoid a lawsuit. When someone said their soul hurts I too feel the same. 2 1/2 months to go and I think do I really wanna bring a kid into this world?

O/T The age old question. All I can say is yes, bring in and raise up a child that will make a difference! Congratulations to you. A day early and your little one will share my birthday!

Actually, we don't have details. It could involve some other girl(s), not Phoebe, for all we know.

As much as it pains me ;), I think you may be right, I was thinking it may very well be other girls and they are tacking the charges on. Also the key to the statutory rape equation is usually the span between the age of the two consenting to sex.

Eve

And they SAW it. Reports are officials, teachers, actually witnessed it. She was chased around the school the day she died, I've read. Flannery was the student that yelled into the class at Phoebe, in front of the class, a disparaging term, Jan. 7th...Irish sl*t or wh*re, I've read. Imagine...someone with the name "Flannery Mullins" insulting the Irish? :waitasec:

No doubt you're right, but so far, all they're doing is making people angrier.

One thing that stood out in the school's statement was where they said Phoebe was "complicated". It rubbed me all wrong. Why use that word to describe her at all, unless they wanted to imply there was something about her that justified their or the perps' behavior?

Sleazy.

Yeah, Texas. I live here, tell me about it!!! Very into cliques in some parts. Especially the wealthier suburbs.

She was such a pretty girl. I just wish someone would have told her that high school isnt forever. Such potential just wasted. Are the parents of the accused saying anything???

One Mother defended her Daughter in the media. It was one of the younger girls Mom. A search of mother, daughter, Phoebe or a like search should bring it up...she said her daughter never physically touched Phoebe, that Phoebe had called her Daughter names, it went both ways, she claimed.

No doubt you're right, but so far, all they're doing is making people angrier.

One thing that stood out in the school's statement was where they said Phoebe was "complicated". It rubbed me all wrong. Why use that word to describe her at all, unless they wanted to imply there was something about her that justified their or the perps' behavior?

Sleazy.

So sleazy. Even the Adults seem to be treating Phoebe like she was too sensitive or messed up...even sensitive kids should be and feel safe in school...especially sensitive kids.

lol....YIKES....I will leave it. :blushing:

lol...;) I understand. That's why I put the disclaimer. But there are a few tidbit's there...I've been known to dig through trash, sometimes, I'll admit, to no avail...lol...

One Mother defended her Daughter in the media. It was one of the younger girls Mom. A search of mother, daughter, Phoebe or a like search should bring it up...she said her daughter never physically touched Phoebe, that Phoebe had called her Daughter names, it went both ways, she claimed.
Here:
Mom of teen charged with bullying South Hadley H.S. student Phoebe Prince into suicide blames victim
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s_student_phoebe_prince_into_sui.html?ref=rss

Kudos to the NYDN for the headline, btw.

thanks much for the link, muffet. I'm so tired...too tired to even search right now...but I can't leave this thread...I just BBQ'ed dinner and fed my family between posts...but I'm going to need to take a break, soon...I need to wash. ;)

lol...;) I understand. That's why I put the disclaimer. But there are a few tidbit's there...I've been known to dig through trash, sometimes, I'll admit, to no avail...lol...

ha ha....I am happy to let you dig through the trash for me as long as you are willing! : )

a little background...

"Rep. Marty Walz, chairwoman of the Legislature’s education committee, said the issue has taken on new urgency after the death of 15-year-old Phoebe Prince. “The events in South Hadley underscore the importance of our taking action,” she said, “but we also need to respect the fact that students have the right to free speech.”

Parents of South Hadley High students are also calling for action on the part of the school. They say they want to know how school officials plan to discipline the girls involved in Prince’s bullying and what they will do to prevent further tragedies.

Mitchell Brouillard, who has a daughter at South Hadley, said there need to be clearer and stricter consequences for bullying. “I’d like to see a solid line in the sand, if you will, or in stone,” he said. “Pretty much like a three-step process — first being a verbal warning, then suspension, then expulsion.”

A petition is being circulated calling for South Hadley School Superintendent Gus Sayer to be fired over his handling of the issue.

This was February. CNN reported today and last night, the kids in question STILL have not been disciplined...others kids have but not these ones, not the ones charged...what's up with that?

http://www.wbur.org/2010/02/03/south-hadley-bullying

"But the media has largely missed that Title IX, the federal law that bans sex discrimination in education by recipients of federal funds, already applies to harassment in schools. Even without state anti-bullying protections, schools have an obligation to address and prevent sexual harassment. These horrible events serve as an unfortunate reminder to school administrators across the country."
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/phoebe-prince-title-ix’s-application-to-school-harassment-cases

"Students at Boston public schools have reported several cyberbullying complaints, including Facebook pages with derogatory captions and crude remarks directed at females who attend Charlestown High.

Matthew Wilder, a school district spokesman, said that officials learned of the reports "in the last few days" following calls to a new city hot line.

Wilder said officials are trying to find out who launched the Facebook pages, which show photographs of girls along with the crude remarks. Some girls have apparently launched pages targeting boys in retaliation, he said. All but two of the pages had been taken down as of midday.

City officials are moving with a sense of urgency to fight such websites in the wake of the suicide of Phoebe Prince, the 15-year-old South Hadley freshman whose death following months of torment from classmates sparked criminal charges and national outcry about how South Hadley school administrators handled the situation.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/04/boston_students_2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member