South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now...this is just a comment, on a blog...could be nothing. But, fyi, it gives a new search term. "Railing"...notice the blog owners response...
Very well written and the best piece I have read about Phoebe Prince. Have a few comments.
Lauren came home to find her sister hanging from the stairway railing. She had used the scarf Lauren had given her for christmas
"Hi Trish. Thanks for the nice comments. Thanks for explaining where Phoebe died.
http://arcticchicken.wordpress.com/2010/04/02/a-thought-on-phoebe-prince/

After reviewing numerous FB and other web comments, and also the list of charges filed....I am tending to believe that AR may actually have NOT been involved in the stalking, harassment and bullying aspects of this case. Other than the fact that one of the girls is said to be an ex-girlfriend of his, who may have taken it upon herself to become a ring leader in the attacks, he seems to not have the same charges as the others. This goes along with the statements of other students that he was not part of the bullying.

jmoo
I tend to believe the same, at this point. IMO...he may be insensitive, if the comment Muffet saw from his Sister regarding his reaction to Phoebe's death is true...but I've seen no sign of his bullying, yet...

Several reports stated that they were in a car, driving slowly and yelling obscene comments at her. Then someone threw the can at her from the car. I will attempt to find a link for this somewhere.......

I wonder -- did they plan to torment her when they left school or did they happen to come across Phoebe while they were driving and then decided to torment her?

ETA: I think it will be an important distinction at their trial(s). JMO.

Media really needs to get this STRAIGHT. We should at least be sure of WHERE she was found...

I know Phoebe had a can thrown at her from their car while she was walking home, but I haven't seen anything that said these girls were FOLLOWING her home??? If so, that just makes this bullying even worse, IMO.

She lived so close to the school she probably walked most of the time. The bullies would have known where/when they could find her off school property. Its just a straight shot down that road.

I wonder -- did they plan to torment her when they left school or did they happen to come across Phoebe while they were driving and then decided to torment her?

ETA: I think it will be an important distinction at their trial(s). JMO.

If you read reports, the day was hellish. There are reports of confrontations, that day, in the library, cafeteria, rumor of her being chased around school, her hysterical in the Nurses Office, as well as the red bull can being thrown...and they threatened her with physical abuse (link posted today). I remember reports, unconfirmed, as well, that one of them had mentioned for her to "hang yourself"...the walk isn't that long. Maybe 3 or 4 blocks...

I tend to believe the same, at this point. IMO...he may be insensitive, if the comment Muffet saw from his Sister regarding his reaction to Phoebe's death is true...but I've seen no sign of his bullying, yet...

If he really did laugh like his sister's comment said, then he had some sort of role beyond just briefly dating her. Or he's just a monster beyond the one he appears to be now. It may be that the DA laid the charge she could in the hope that one or more of them turn on the others and let more details out.

If the two boys didn't actually have sex with her, but only claimed to, they seem like the ones most likely fess up, as those are the most serious charges.

But if they had just made it up it seems like they would have done so already, so it might actually be true. Another possibility is that they had sex with their bully gfs and the DA is charging them for that. Do they charges specify who it regards? I mean, do they state on the paperwork "Stat Rape" or "Stat Rape of Phoebe Prince"?

Questions...remember that photo of Phoebe reportedly in school? The one where her hair appears up, or away from her face? She's wearing an orange scarf. I read rumor that pic was taken the day she died, in the cafeteria. Anyone have any confirmation? I wonder if that's the scarf she was found in...is it the same one she had around her neck the day she left school...or is it something she would have went into the house to find...?

I can't imagine or bear the thought of her having been outside for this... can't even type it.

Not saying I don't see things suggestive of it, but ..surely not...? Wouldn't that have been pretty big news all by itself? It seems people would have been asking why it took her sister to find her, considering how open it all is... :confused:

If he really did laugh like his sister's comment said, then he had some sort of role beyond just briefly dating her. Or he's just a monster beyond the one he appears to be now. It may be that the DA laid the charge she could in the hope that one or more of them turn on the others and let more details out.
If the two boys didn't actually have sex with her, but only claimed to, they seem like the ones most likely fess up, as those are the most serious charges.

But if they had just made it up it seems like they would have done so already, so it might actually be true. Another possibility is that they had sex with their bully gfs and the DA is charging them for that. Do they charges specify who it regards? I mean, do they state on the paperwork "Stat Rape" or "Stat Rape of Phoebe Prince"?
respectfully bolded by me...

I've read no specifics but have assumed it's in relation to Phoebe.
If he's not implicated in the harassment, I'm hoping he gives info and pleas...there feels like there's more to this story. He could be framed as the "reformed" one...and it's good pr...imo

Questions...remember that photo of Phoebe reportedly in school? The one where her hair appears up, or away from her face? She's wearing an orange scarf. I read rumor that pic was taken the day she died, in the cafeteria. Anyone have any confirmation? I wonder if that's the scarf she was found in...is it the same one she had around her neck the day she left school...or is it something she would have went into the house to find...?

I read a comment on one of the facebook sites on a copy of that picture where somebody (a student) said it was in latin class a few days or the week before.

Which interesting because on the masslive.com forum for South Hadley I just saw a comment from somebody asking why Dan Smith was sitting in the Latin class watching the teacher (got the impression the commenter thought it was intimidation).

Anyway, here is the link. Haven't tried linking into that forum so not sure how it will come through.

Well as I was typing it was already deleted, but there is another comment talking about it.

I can't imagine or bear the thought of her having been outside for this... can't even type it.

Not saying I don't see things suggestive of it, but ..surely not...? Wouldn't that have been pretty big news all by itself? It seems people would have been asking why it took her sister to find her, considering how open it all is... :confused:

I can't help but think it had to be inside. The first newstories would have jumped on her being outside because it would have been so unusual (in daylight, no less).

I read a comment on one of the facebook sites on a copy of that picture where somebody (a student) said it was in latin class a few days or the week before.

Which interesting because on the masslive.com forum for South Hadley I just saw a comment from somebody asking why Dan Smith was sitting in the Latin class watching the teacher (got the impression the commenter thought it was intimidation).

Anyway, here is the link. Haven't tried linking into that forum so not sure how it will come through.

Well as I was typing it was already deleted, but there is another comment talking about it.
Great link...thanks...looks like there's trouble at school. Sort of goes with the gossip I've been reading about possible indictments involving teachers. Yes, the D.A. said, about two weeks ago, that the investigation showed their behavior was "troublesome" but not criminal. BUT...what info has come to light since then? I still hope.

I have no idea where to find it now, but I believe the teacher mentioned in that link is one who had posted a comment (on a FB site, I believe) implying that the bullying WAS known. I don't know where the comment was to find a link, so I am not going to mention any names at all. I remember the name because I tried to search to find a faculty list for the school to confirm that she was actually a teacher there.

jmoo

and remember earlier in the thread, I posted a comment from a women who purported to be a teacher of Phoebes, she said she reported harassment...wonder if it's her...

Thanks, Pal... I missed that, but did DVR Dr Phil. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but will try to give highlights when I do here in a bit.
Great! Thanks, I missed it...

and remember earlier in the thread, I posted a comment from a women who purported to be a teacher of Phoebes, she said she reported harassment...wonder if it's her...

Yes...I have seen TWO teacher comments. One was in an article where a substitute teacher was interviewed and said that early last fall SHE was teaching for a few days and knew about the situation. Another comment was a full time teacher who commented either on FB or after an article. I looked but have NO idea where and there is way too much to go back through to find it. However, I am almost positive it was this same name mentioned in the masslive link above.

jmoo

Hi all - I've been lurking here for a few days and finally decided to register. Found an interesting link earlier that Phoebe was texting just two hours before her death:

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/documents-phoebe-texted-before-death

Seems like there might be more info coming soon.

Re: AR's role - at first I thought he was just an ex of Phoebe's and not involved in the bullying however I read firsthand the comment that AR's sister left on another person's facebook that when she told her brother Phoebe had killed herself he started laughing about it. It made me absolutely sick. I have the name of the person's facebook where this can be found and also screen capped it but this is my first time here and don't want to get in trouble for anything.

You have all done a great job in bringing new info - I gained a lot of knowledge just reading this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18