South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just watched the entire show, and it wasn't the right one. All they talked about was improving your brain power - not a word about Phoebe or bullying at all. :(

I have no idea what the deal was, because the program description for that hour still says, "Bullied to death: a discussion about the harassment and suicide of Phoebe Prince."

Looking at the guide now, however, it looks like Dr Phil comes on 2x a day. The one at 3pm just ended, but it has the same description (about Phoebe), and I bet that one was properly labeled and will be replayed in the morning, so I'll DVR it too, just in case. :crossfingers:
Thanks for the update! I saw Dr. Phil's producer on FB a few days ago, I linked it here, asking for people to contact...then saw the announcement for the show...maybe, tomorow...if not, I'll be wondering, why not?

Welcome to WS, thebear14! :wave:

Remember that link a few pages back? Where Darby O'Brien said 1 student was suspended for 1 day? THAT entailed the punishment? TO THIS DAY.

Well, read this from January...
According to the Herald, the teenagers suspected of hurdling abuse at the Irish girl are refusing to cooperate with an internal school investigation, on the recommendation of their lawyers.

“There have been in our investigation some kids on their family’s - or family’s lawyer’s - recommendation that have not spoken to us,” Edward Boisselle, chairman of the South Hadley School Committee, told the Boston Herald.

However, Boisselle said the school is determined to complete its investigation by the end of the week and dole out "severe" punishment where appropriate.
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/30-students-eyed-in-Phoebe-Prince-bullying-tragedy-83545087.html

I recieved an email back - SHE WAS OUTSIDE! -

Greetings from Canada,
I have a question and a one word answer will suffice, your report says she was found outside. Is that true?

hi XXXX - she was found inside a stairwell, outside her family's
apartmetn.

---------------------------
Peter Schworm
The Boston Globe
617-929-3056
schworm@globe.com
I have the email and will forward to Tricia, if required...

Mark your calendars ... April 11, 2010 ...

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/infocus-phoebe-prince

(WWLP) - Unprecedented Bullying Case Examined During Special Extended Edition of 22News InFocus

Sunday, April 11, WWLP will air a special extended edition of 22News InFocus live from 4 to 6 p.m. which will examine the controversies surrounding the Phoebe Prince bullying case. The program will be hosted by 22News Anchor Rich Tettemer.

22News Director Mike Garreffi said, “We are inviting many of the key players in this tragic situation to join us in our studio to discuss this case, and the bullying epidemic which has now claimed a couple of young lives in our area. Hopefully, this in-depth discussion will help prevent other similar tragedies in the future. ”

The public is encouraged to e-mail questions about the Phoebe Prince case or bullying to infocus@wwlp.com . People who submit some of the best questions may also be invited to ask their questions live during the program as part of the studio audience.

WWLP Vice President and General Manager Bill Pepin stated, “The suicide of Phoebe Prince and the ensuing court cases have brought the issue of bullying to a crisis stage. As part of our commitment to serve the public interest, we felt that it was imperative to set aside two hours of airtime to discuss this in a live community forum.”

In addition to the live on-air program, the two hour 22News InFocus will also be streamed live on WWLP.com. Web visitors may also participate in a live online chat from 4 to 6 p.m.

15-year-old Phoebe Prince moved to South Hadley from Ireland. Prosecutors say Prince dated a popular senior at South Hadley High School, and she soon became the target of what prosecutors call “relentless bullying.” To put an end to the bullying, she ended her own life on January 14. She went home from school that day and hanged herself. Now, in an unprecedented case, three teens who are accused of relentlessly bullying Prince are being tried as adults. Two are being charged with criminal harassment, disturbing a school assembly and violation of civil rights. Two of the students are also facing charges of statutory rape. Three other teens will be arraigned in juvenile court in connection to this case.

I recieved an email back - SHE WAS OUTSIDE! -

I have the email and will forward to Tricia, if required...

I believe what she meant was that it was outside the apartment, inside the building...

I believe what she meant was that it was outside the apartment, inside the building...
Is there a front stairway? I'm emailing him back...it's still not clear, is it? I'll ask if it's OUTSIDE...around the back...or in the front...might have to wait till tomorrow for an answer, though...

Is there a front stairway? I'm emailing him back...it's still not clear, is it? I'll ask if it's OUTSIDE...around the back...or in the front...might have to wait till tomorrow for an answer, though...

Try using a different term like outDOORS, or on the EXTERIOR of the house etc. It seems like the media has been less than specific on this, so maybe we can get them to be more precise.

jmoo

here's my email...
Thanks for your reply. I belong to a crime forum and it's still not clear. Was she out of doors, around back? Or inside the building, in a stairwell, in the front? Thanks so much for your time."
I wait for an answer...and put this aside for now...

Yes, I hear your outrage. And I feel it. It also makes me wonder about their motivation. Why???

I suggest just not reading it anymore...it was getting me SO angry, I finally had to stop and find a better source for information...which brought me here!

and rsocha...WELCOME! :blowkiss: I see it's just your 3rd post...good to have you on Phoebe's thread!

Yes, I hear your outrage. And I feel it. It also makes me wonder about their motivation. Why???

This one was too much..I had to respond

Pete Carpinona: Look, I'm not trying to downplay what this girl went through, I went through it for 10 of my 12 years of school. I know how hard it is, but the moment she killed herself, the pity, sympathy and feelings for her pretty much went away.

I have 0 respect for someone who commits suicide.

This Pete guy things guys are worse at bullying than women. He clearly doesn't understand the female mind.

and rsocha...WELCOME! :blowkiss: I see it's just your 3rd post...good to have you on Phoebe's thread!

Thank you! I'm a long time reader of the site, finally signed up! I live in New Hampshire, so this case is very close to home (literally!)

dated January 14th, a deviantart account of purported friend, announcing Phoebes death.
http://tehsanctuary2012.deviantart.com/art/Day-Fourteen-Phoebe-Prince-150447011

this was actually something else I was going to comment about. I found this a few days ago. Someone else commented this: "sadly it wasnt just bullying. most of it was problems at home, depression for years before she came to the US, and even some drugs :[ she needed help but wouldnt get it, and her friends didnt want to get her in trouble."

http://tehsanctuary2012.deviantart.com/art/Day-Fourteen-Phoebe-Prince-150447011?offset=10#comments

also, thanks for the welcomes! :D

Hi all - I've been lurking here for a few days and finally decided to register. Found an interesting link earlier that Phoebe was texting just two hours before her death:

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/documents-phoebe-texted-before-death

Seems like there might be more info coming soon.

Re: AR's role - at first I thought he was just an ex of Phoebe's and not involved in the bullying however I read firsthand the comment that AR's sister left on another person's facebook that when she told her brother Phoebe had killed herself he started laughing about it. It made me absolutely sick. I have the name of the person's facebook where this can be found and also screen capped it but this is my first time here and don't want to get in trouble for anything.

You have all done a great job in bringing new info - I gained a lot of knowledge just reading this forum.

Welcome to WS!! :)

I've read about that, but haven't seen it myself. Just as an FYI, we are not to link to FB pages of minors. Also, even with adults, please don't copy and paste from FB. You can just paraphase or even say go check this out and provide the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18