South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm obviously not these people and don't know them. From what I've seen, I have no reason to believe that the two facebook's I got that information from were not the people they said they were. There was and is no question in my mind that they were students from SHHS who were at least somewhat familiar with the situation. Why one would post that people were still saying crap about Phoebe the day after she died when it wasn't true doesn't make sense to me but hey, maybe she did lie. And maybe AR's sister lied about his reaction for some reason. Maybe everybody is making everything up. How do we ever really know in that case? I just don't see any reason why they would be just be saying those things for the sake of saying it. But I'm just me and in no position to verify that everybody's facebook account is who they say they are. I just see nothing to suggest that these students aren't who they say they are.
There are numerous media reports of the things they did, including postings, after she died. The FB, foamspring, and craigslist info was requested by police, I posted the link. A simple search will bring them up.

I doubt if that is any more factual than any of the other accusations. The things we do have as facts do not support drug use or depression at all: good grades, involved in activities, overall good health, clear skin, healthy teeth and hair----all of those would be affected by drug use. The pictures taken of her show a proper concern with her appearance, along with a general vitality and humor---not signs of depression, either.

jmoo

and she had bought a black dress for the dance for 2 days later. She had made plans, at school, earlier that day as to what time to be picked up, he said. He suggested a time, she agreed.

I don't think you can diagnose depression from a photo, sorry.
I am not saying that the girl did or did not have depression-I have no idea. But the photo won't tell you.

I was not attempting to diagnose ANYTHING. If the post is read correctly, I was saying that there was NOT a cause for anyone to be implying depression or drug use. AND FWIW....I happen to be very well professionally qualified to diagnose depression---although that is not what I am here for, and it would be highly inappropriate for anyone on such a site to attempt to do so under ANY conditions---with photos or otherwise.

and she had bought a black dress for the dance for 2 days later. She had made plans, at school, earlier that day as to what time to be picked up, he said. He suggested a time, she agreed.

I believe she also made plans to talk on the phone with him that night, around dinner time. Don't remember the exact place I read that but I remember reading it more than once.

Although the harassment lasted months, the more I read the more I realize that last day or two must have really been extremely horrendous for her.

38 pgs? not like the KC case...got spoiled on that thread. ;)

Interesting to see who they did and didn't interview...

Yes, I hear your outrage. And I feel it. It also makes me wonder about their motivation. Why???

That's really what I can't understand, is why? Jealousy, fine. But she broke up with Sean, or he broke up with her. Then he and some of the girls start attacking her. Why him? And why so vicious?

And the next boy, not entirely clear on when exactly that was but it appears to have been very brief, and the second group tied to him jumps in.

Does not make sense. Feels like something is missing... but it may also turn out to be that the sad answer is they just were a pack hyenas or something.

from the docs..."hanging in the REAR stairwell of the apartment"...so, does the main floor door lead upstairs, too? OR was it the outside staircase?

That's really what I can't understand, is why? Jealousy, fine. But she broke up with Sean, or he broke up with her. Then he and some of the girls start attacking her. Why him? And why so vicious?

And the next boy, not entirely clear on when exactly that was but it appears to have been very brief, and the second group tied to him jumps in.

Does not make sense. Feels like something is missing... but it may also turn out to be that the sad answer is they just were a pack hyenas or something.

Maybe SM was trying to get into good graces of his girlfriend?

From the docs, Sharon's:
Phoebe told a friend, on Jan. 13th, "accusations at school escalated into making threats of harming her", she also reports Miss Prince said, "school has been close to intolerable lately".

Just skimmed through it...looks like almost every incident was reported to teachers...doesn't look good for SHH

Any lawyers here who can translate some of the legal stuff or give their opinion?

You have to remember that people who post on internet aren't necessarily who they say they are. Even if somebody did post some claims regarding what was said, how do you verify that whatever was posted is accurate and whoever posted it is who they say they are?

Yep, for both "sides."

Just skimmed through it...looks like almost every incident was reported to teachers...doesn't look good for SHH

Any lawyers here who can translate some of the legal stuff or give their opinion?

Just skimmed through it as well. Looks like everything in these indictments is oriented at just that last day. That could leave open the possibility of more charges for earlier incidents, or would similary type things be rolled into these charges?

Will the same document for the older three be released like this? Or does that stay hidden because of the adult criminal nature of their charges (I've never followed something like this before so I'm a newbie on the legal stuff).

Really weird to read it described in such a clinical manner. What I'm imagining can't possibly be anything like what Phoebe felt, given how she reacted to it.

These things also just referring to the last day also don't convey the buildup over months... Hopefully the DA can get that across if/when this actually goes to a trial.

I don't have any concept of the evil that possesses those bullies. There is a special ring of Hell reserved for them, and I'd like them to get there ASAP.

Where's that Walmart customer guy who slaps other people's kids????? I think I have just the job for him!!!

jmo AND j/k

As far as AR's sister's comment - she stated that her brother had dated Phoebe a couple months ago and when she told him about Phoebe killing herself he told her what had happened and started laughing. She seemed to be disgusted by it.

Do you have a link or screenshot of that (sorry if you posted such and I missed it).

I find it interesting that he would have something to "tell" her. Tell her like "Oh, she killed herself because XYZ, haha." Like there was a specific event or events he knew about and assumed they were the reason.

From this link...a few observations

Sharon was the one who yelled in the class and received one days suspension...

Witness says, Sharon said she "wasn't the only person who caused Phoebe's death and she didn't care she was dead"

Kayla was the girlfriend of Sean, he and she had gotten back together after he dated Phoebe. Ashley was Sean's long time platonic friend and became Friends with Kayla, through Sean.

On Jan 14th, the day Phoebe died, Sean, Kayla and Ashley were in the library with Phoebe and her friends. In the library, Ashley YELLED something to the effect of, "close your legs". "I hate stupid sl*ts". Ashley was "screaming from across the library" 2 male students report it going on for 5 Min's. "Taunting" her.

Sean, Kayla and Ashley wrote on the library sign in sheet "Irish WHO*ore is a cu*t"
Sean and Kayla were showing visible signs of affection toward each other when in Phoebes line of sight, as the defendant, Ashley, taunted her.

school ends at 2 p.m.

Phoebe's last outgoing text message was at 2:48 p.m.
wonder when she left the school, wonder when she got home?

End of school day, 2pm, Ashley, Sean and Kayla were seen congregating in the auditorium part of the high school, again taunting Phoebe, as she passed by. Sean was overheard encouraging Ashley, "here she comes", Kayla was laughing. Phoebe made her way past the group, en route to the main doors of the building.

Min.'s after the auditorium incident, witnesses report Ashley left the school parking lot in a friends car. Phoebe had already left school grounds and was walking home on Newton St, on the same side of the road as the high school. Witnesses say Ashley threw the drink, do not know if it hit Phoebe, and Ashley was laughing and yelled something degrading like "w*hore". Phoebe cried as she walked, witnesses said.

Dates unclear, to me: Flannery Mullins reportedly told other students she was going to to "beat her up" and said "to watch out at break after second block", Phoebe told a witness..

OMG...witness said on one occasion Phoebe went to school administrators and said "she was scared and wanted to go home"! Phoebe returned to class and told the witness no action was going to be taken/nothing happened and she was "still going to get beat up".

Investigators learned, on Jan. 7th, Phoebe spoke to a school administrator about Flannery Mullins threats. Investigators learned of an incident in physical education. One week before Phoebe died, involving Mullins that HAD been reported to a school administrator.
Mullins was talking to other girls about how "she (phoebe) should get her as* kicked", that Phoebe was trying to "get with my boyfriend" and that defendant was "so pissed". Another witness learned in English class from Phoebe that Mullins had threatened to beat her up. Witness said she had already heard the news, it was spreading around school quickly. Witness said Phoebe said she was "not a tough girl" and didn't want to fight because she would not know what to do. Phoebe asked for advice, the friend said, stay with friends, avoid Mullins. Phoebe was walking in the hall with 2 firndes, she asked to be on the inside in case someone came out of a classroom after her. At one point, Phoebe enters the bathroom. Someone alerts Mullins, in case she "wanted to do anything". Mullins entered the bathroom. Phoebe later told friends she saw Mullins and "got out of there real fast".

End of Dec, 2009, Sharon approached Phoebe in the cafeteria, told her to stay away from "people's men". Called her names, the witness believed what Sharon said to Phoebe was a threat. After the incident, Phoebe was upset, went into the bathroom and was hiding in a stall. A witness approached the bathroom, saw Mullins in the hall and asked her not to go in the washroom, Phoebe was in there. Mullins went in. The witness observed her, she stood at the bathroom sink "like she was waiting for Phoebe". Phoebe exited the bathroom, and Mullins exited "right after her". Witness later saw Mullins in the hall with a friend and Phoebe crying, being comforted by her friend. They mention 3 specific episodes with Mullins. 1 of which was reported to a teacher by a male student. They mention Mullins more than liberal use of the term "sl*t" "Irish s*ut" toward Phoebe in school hallways, "when everyone was passing by"...sounds like it was said alot. Mullins also called her a w*ore and to "stay away from" her boyfriend.

Another witness spoke of an incident outside a bathroom, in the cafeteria area. Phoebe was seen exiting the bathroom crying first, and Mullins after her. Mullins is reported to have made an "unsolicited comment" toward Phoebe. Another witness recalls 2 incidents in which the witness consoled Phoebe after her being yelled at by Mullins. Mullins also used FB to harass Phoebe. In the weeks before her death, Mullins authored several postings. Including, "I used to like Irish girls now I know some of them are slu*ty", 4 other females engaged in that conversation. The comment became a topic of discussion at school.

...(this is Sharon, Flannery and Ashley. Anyone have the link for Narey, Mulveyhill and Renaud?)
http://media2.wwlp.com/storydocuments/southhadleyteenindictments.PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member