Southwest States - AZ, CA, CO, NM, OK, TX, AR, LA, UT, NV - Weather Discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
seawall is definitely way scarier. Stay safe!

A local Fox4 news anchor just said on her fb page ' if this strengthen it will be Hurricane Bill'. I assume she's mistaken since the only term I've heard is it MIGHT become a tropical storm. I think she's a busy lady and just mistook hurricane for tropical storm, right? No one has said hurricane is even within the possibilities that I've heard.

DFW Scanner
1 min ·
A Flash Flood WATCH has been issued for all of north Texas, including the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, from Tuesday morning to Thursday evening in preparation for Tropical Storm Bill. More details have been posted on the DFW Scanner mobile app, free for Apple & Android devices.

It's official........ here comes TS Bill!

NBC DFW
11 mins ·
JUST IN: National Hurricane Center officially upgrades Gulf system to Tropical Storm Bill, moving toward North Texas with heavy rain expected: http://on.nbcdfw.com/CVHTWT7

just checking in.

we are getting periods of hard rain, then silence...so far,no major flooding in my house, or my yard, and all is well..we shall see how the day goes...

just checking in.

we are getting periods of hard rain, then silence...so far,no major flooding in my house, or my yard, and all is well..we shall see how the day goes...

North of Houston, here. We just had a big downpour/squall and now it's quiet again, but the radar looks pretty awful for the coming hours as foretold by the Weather Channel app. I guess we'll see...

Pete Delkus is weather for www.wfaa.com . From his fb page.

Pete Delkus
17 mins ·
Here's a post from the National Weather Service. Gives the situation some perspective.
TROPICAL STORM BILL WILL BRING MAJOR FLOODING AND TORNADOES TO
NORTH AND CENTRAL TEXAS...
IN MY 26 YEAR CAREER IN NORTH TEXAS...THIS IS THE SECOND TIME TO
WITNESS A MAJOR RAIN EVENT WHILE AREA LAKES ARE FILLED TO CAPACITY. THE LAST TIME WAS MAY OF 1990...AND IT PRODUCED SIGNIFICANT FLOODING THROUGHOUT A LARGE PORTION OF THE REGION.
DALLAS TRINITY PEAKED AT 47.10 FEET ON MAY 3...WHICH IS THE SECOND HIGHEST PEAK AFTER MAY OF 1908 (52.60 FEET).
NOT TO SAY THAT THIS EVENT WILL EXCEED THE ABOVE LEVELS...BUT WE FEEL THIS EVENT WILL PRODUCE WIDESPREAD 3-6 INCHES WITH SOME LOCATIONS RECEIVING 6-12 INCHES BEFORE ENDING. AREA
LAKES...ESPECIALLY ON THE TRINITY...WILL EXPERIENCE INFLOWS THAT FAR EXCEED THEIR RELEASE POTENTIAL...THUS FORCING MANY RIVERS BACK
INTO MAJOR FLOOD FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK AND INTO NEXT WEEK.
WITH SUCH HEAVY RAINFALL FORECAST ALONG AND EAST OF THE I-35 CORRIDOR THROUGH THURSDAY...WIDESPREAD FLASH FLOODING IS ALSO EXPECTED.
ANOTHER THREAT FROM THIS TROPICAL SYSTEM WILL BE TROPICAL TORNADOES. THIS THREAT WILL INCREASE DURING THE AFTERNOON HOURS WITH A LARGER THREAT DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS AS THE REMNANTS
OF BILL MOVE NORTHWARD JUST WEST OF I-35.

Wow !

myFOXaustin
1 hr · Edited ·
*UPDATE 2* All YMCA of Austin branches will be closing at 6 p.m. today. All Child Watch centers will be closing at 3 p.m.
*UPDATE* UT Austin will officially close at 5 p.m. today. This includes evening classes.
Due to the forecast of heavy rain associated with Tropical Storm Bill, all City of Austin offices and facilities will close early at 3 p.m. today, June 16. This includes Austin Municipal Courts and the Downtown Austin Community Court.

https://www.facebook.com/myfoxaustin?fref=ts

North of Houston, here. We just had a big downpour/squall and now it's quiet again, but the radar looks pretty awful for the coming hours as foretold by the Weather Channel app. I guess we'll see...

Surfi, since I made my last post, our entire backyard is now flooded..I am more then ankle deep and flooding has proceeded up to my back patio, but then when it gets quiet, the back patio water receded thank the universe.

I think this could well go on and off through out the day...

Just crossing my fingers...

now they are talking about tornado's..

I've seen pictures from Baytown, Kemah, la porte, Galveston, Houston where major flooding is occuring on roadways and peoples houses, property..

Its just terrible..

I've been following click 2 houston, khou, abc news 13, my fox 26 and the weather channel.

I think some areas, are getting worse then others..

my 2 sisters are further up north, towards cypress and katy..all they seem to be getting is light rain and drizzle..heck, my neice was out playing soccer over there lol but..that could all change w/ feeder bands and etc..

stay safe, warm and dry..I'm going to check on my Rhode island laying hens..bless their feathery souls, they are stressed because of this weather...

eta, I hope everyone in the path of this stays safe, warm and protected..

Ill check in on tomorrow. gonna grab a bite to eat as my darling husband is cooking his famous stir fry.. Gonna put on my soft butter socks and watch Shirley temple movies the rest of the day;-)

Yikes Witch, check in when you can. I hope it won't come inside your house .

Everything was fine in my neck of the woods. Just come light rain. No flooding in the area. But it is suppose to continue to rain so who knows.

Yikes Witch, check in when you can. I hope it won't come inside your house .

just checking in...all is well..

my back yard flooded past my ankles...seems to be receding now.a little bit...thank the universe..

water did not enter back door, tho back patio porch did flood, the rains halted for a while and the water on back porch patio receded to..I was freaking as my teen son would say lol. all I could think about was water coming in, soiled carpet, mold, but thank the universe it didnt happen..

however, we notice a leak in the bricks inside our fire place..dang it...it looks to be coming in the grout..hubby can fix that, by grouting it w/ cement.

still raining here at times, some times hard, some times soft, but were good..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back