Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Desaparición de Ana María Henao Knezevich: la policía española e italiana, con el FBI, la buscan en Vicenza, Italia

According to the Italian media Il Messaggero, the authorities have been carrying out raids since early this morning in the vicinity of the old coastal road of Cogollo del Cengio.

The reason, according to sources near the investigation, is that her husband, the main accused, has indicated this area of Vicenza, and in particular this road, to the FBI in order to search for the woman.
<snipped for focus>

If LE believes that AK is buried in the area, why are they conducting raids, I wonder?

Also, this article suggests that DK has told the FBI that this area and particular road is somewhere that they should search for AK. I find that hard to believe that LE are acting on information from DK.

<snipped for focus>

If LE believes that AK is buried in the area, why are they conducting raids, I wonder?

Also, this article suggests that DK has told the FBI that this area and particular road is somewhere that they should search for AK. I find that hard to believe that LE are acting on information from DK.
Interesting, isn’t it. Then again, this is a national broadcaster and the article says that’s directly from a source inside LE; I can’t imagine they’d make that up. Perhaps it’s possible the wording is slippery — DK may have well indicated the road in some shape or form. Not necessarily with the intention of assisting the search but maybe he unwittingly indicated its significance somehow. It wouldn’t be the first very odd move in this whole sorry affair.

On his drive from Madrid to Belgrade DK likely passed Vicenza, but the wooded area where they are looking now appears to be a detour to the north.
IF he provided the location information, why would he do that at this stage?

Hubris. Typical of sociopaths.

No, not only that. Look at his eyes under that helmet. They look excited. He (I think it is he) is going to abduct and annihilate his wife and there is elation in his eyes. Just look at the photo.

From his standpoint, she was standing in between him and probably, a couple of millions. Now he is going to lose them all in court and still end up in jail. It is an international case; he can't buy his freedom out. Europe, too, doesn't like when the hulk of a guy drives into the country where he shouldn't even be, abducts his wife of 10 years, a tiny woman less than 5 feet, kills her and dumps somewhere like a used doll. Everyone sees it in the same way. And his happy eyes before he murders her are on camera, for everyone to see.

P.S. reprinting the image provided by @FacelessPodcast.

Just look at the expression of his eyes as he is going to murder her. The anticipation. He lived with her over ten years. Ate, slept, made love to, had a business...everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240822_112021_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240822_112021_Chrome.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
IF Ana was killed in her own apartment by her husband, why is it called abduction? He was seen carrying out a suitcase. Do the authorities presume she could still be alive inside at that point?

IF Ana was killed in her own apartment by her husband, why is it called abduction? He was seen carrying out a suitcase. Do the authorities presume she could still be alive inside at that point?

I don't think so. I think he quietly killed her before she could even cry. Probably, strangled. But they can't accuse until they have solid proof. Wishing LE good luck to find a body. Please, please, LE, do it. It is not every time that one sees the anticipation and excitement before one kills his wife on photo.

then husband 'has indicated'? is he talking to police? or have they discovered the info from investigating?

then husband 'has indicated'? is he talking to police? or have they discovered the info from investigating?
Honestly, the wording is pretty clear:

La razón, según apuntan citando fuentes de la investigación, estaría en que su propio marido y principal acusado, habría indicado al FBI esta zona de Vicenza, y en particular esta carretera, para la búsqueda de la mujer.
Transitable en coche, el lugar está caracterizado por la densa vegetación

“The reason, as made clear by investigation sources, would be that her own husband and prime suspect, had indicated to the FBI this zone in Vicenza, and in particular, this road, for the search of the woman. Impassible in car, the area is characterised by dense vegetation…”

Perhaps it’s possible he’s reached his limit and he figures if he cooperates, there’s a chance he sees the outside world again?

Honestly, the wording is pretty clear:

La razón, según apuntan citando fuentes de la investigación, estaría en que su propio marido y principal acusado, habría indicado al FBI esta zona de Vicenza, y en particular esta carretera, para la búsqueda de la mujer.
Transitable en coche, el lugar está caracterizado por la densa vegetación

“The reason, as made clear by investigation sources, would be that her own husband and prime suspect, had indicated to the FBI this zone in Vicenza, and in particular, this road, for the search of the woman. Impassible in car, the area is characterised by dense vegetation…”

Perhaps it’s possible he’s reached his limit and he figures if he cooperates, there’s a chance he sees the outside world again?

It's surprising to me if true
I never would've thought he would cave

It's surprising to me if true
I never would've thought he would cave
Entirely possible they tricked him or forced his hand. Maybe he’s facing irrefutable evidence in this regard? Perhaps something to do with the suitcase? Speculation ofc. But the rental car quite possibly logged a stop in that locale for a period of time. If the area was impassible except for on foot, then I’m wondering what would his story be?

I happened to make a jaunt to Spain, a nation I had “never been to before”, then lied about it, turned up in Madrid on the same day my wife disappeared —some coincidence — and then on my drive back to Serbia, in a rental car I inexplicably modded and changed plates on, I decided to stop off for a few hours to appreciate the majesty of Veneto’s countryside?

Something tells me the FBI would be able to poke a few holes in that notion…

Buscan en un pueblo del norte de Italia a Ana Maria Knezevich

Rome (EFE) - The search in the northern Italian province of Vicenza for Colombian-American Ana Maria Knezevich, who disappeared last February in Madrid and whose ex-husband is under arrest in the United States for his alleged involvement, has been temporarily suspended as it has not led to any significant discoveries.

Investigators, including police officers from Vicenza, the Spanish police and a US FBI inspector, began searching in the woods in the area on Wednesday and expanded the area on Thursday, but so far have not obtained any results.

According to the Italian media, the activities carried out so far will now be evaluated to decide if and how the search will be resumed at a later date.

The search was concentrated on Thursday on the outskirts of the small municipality of Cogollo del Cengio, especially on an old road leading to a mountainous area, municipal sources confirmed to EFE.

According to Italian media, the search in this area was based on the GPS signal of the car rented by the missing woman's ex-husband.

BBM

Cogollo del Cengio, senza esito le ricerche dell'ereditiera scomparsa: operazioni sospese

The search for Ana Maria Henao Knezevic in a forest in Cogollo del Cengio did not yield any results. The disappearance of the young heiress, at the centre of an international mystery, led investigators to carry out a search in the Vicenza area. For two days, the agents of the Vicenza mobile squad, the forensic police, the fire brigade and a group of investigators from Madrid under the supervision of the FBI combed a large wooded area, but no trace of Ana Maria Henao was found.

Her ex-husband David Knezevich, of Serbian origin, is under arrest in Miami for her disappearance, on charges of kidnapping and murder. According to US investigative sources, the man allegedly gave precise instructions on where to find the woman's body. Evidence against him would also come from cameras and numerous witnesses who would confirm his presence in the Vicenza area. The motive would be the division of an economic empire, which over the years would have made millions in profits. On the part of the investigators there is the utmost reserve: it is not known if and when the search will resume. The wooded area indicated by David Knezevich is very large.

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67
Back