SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is just informative on how the police and authorities are in Spain, just a basic overview. It is quite long so I placed it on text hosting at

Untitled Post

I will be back to read through recent comments, interact if asked etc. in the next day or so, for now I have to stand back a bit.

This is just informative on how the police and authorities are in Spain, just a basic overview. It is quite long so I placed it on text hosting at

Untitled Post

I will be back to read through recent comments, interact if asked etc. in the next day or so, for now I have to stand back a bit.

Goodmorning Oto, I hope you slept well.

Your ordeal reminds me a lot of the first case that brought me to Websleuths. For a while, I could think of nothing else, and I felt we had to do something, we had to solve this ...!
It took a while before I realized that there was very little we could really do. Except perhaps inform ourselves and make sure that the interest in the case was kept alive. My first case here was William Comeans, and it still has not been solved.

Since you are in the area where it happened, you might actually DO something simple like distributing missing posters if you have the means and preferably with a few others.

Last edited:
@Laurynpoole I just wanted to add (if you still read this thread) that I am so sorry for everything that you have endured during your life so far. I know that your Dad is no angel, but he has obviously been there for you when your Mum has not, and I admire how you stand by him so loyally despite everything. He is still your Dad and I hope that you get him and your brother back soon.

La policía investiga la desaparición de un hombre y de su hijo al día siguiente de llegar a Málaga

The police investigate the disappearance of a man and his son the day after arriving in Málaga.

The Spanish and British police are conducting an investigation with the aim to locate Daniel Pool (46) and his son Liam (22), who have been missing for over a month. They are being sought mainly in the province of Málaga, where they arrived a day before their disappearance, SUR has been able to confirm.

The two British men landed in the capital on 31 March on a flight from England. After checking into a hotel, they rented a car, a grey Peugeot 308 (registration number 0254KTM). The car has not been located either.

Their track was lost in Estepona. Father and son were having lunch at the hotel where he planned to stay and then left their luggage in the room. The last contact with their family took place the following day, April 1.

The Udyco-Costa del Sol and the British police are working together on the case under the hypothesis that "something bad has happened to them".

When the officers went to the room where they were expected to stay, they found all their belongings, including their passports, which, in the view of the investigators, does not fit in with the hypothesis of a voluntary escape.

The police in Sussex, the county in which they both reside, have already issued two press releases and disseminated images of Daniel and Liam Pool to solicit the cooperation of the public, as they consider this behaviour to be "extremely unusual". "They have been on vacation together before, but have never lost contact with family members in Burgess Hill, where they live," Detective Sergeant Alan Fenn of the Missing Persons Team explains.

In the first press release issued by Sussex police, Detective Fenn added: "We, and their family, are eager to hear from anyone who has communicated with Daniel or Liam since April 1."

Subsequently, in a second press release, it was reported that the Surrey and Sussex (Southern England) Crime Team was conducting this investigation, in which it has "resources" already working with Spanish authorities to find Daniel and Liam and clarify the circumstances of their disappearance.

Inspector Emma Heater explained: "We are working closely with the Spanish police. One possibility that should be taken into account, as they have not contacted family or friends, is that something could have happened to them."

" Their family is very concerned, as the last time they heard from them was on 1 April. It's not normal for them to have lost contact," the inspector said. "We know that Daniel and Liam hired a grey car, Peugeot brand and 308, when they arrived in Spain, but the vehicle has not been returned to the car rental company," she added.

The British police have requested by all means the cooperation of the public in case someone has a clue as to the whereabouts of Daniel and Liam, or has come across the vehicle they rented in a rent-a-car.

BBM

Last edited:
Their track was lost in Estepona. Father and son were having lunch at the hotel where he planned to stay and then left their luggage in the room. The last contact with their family took place the following day, April 1.
RSBM, RBBM

This jumps out at me, now. It implies they left their luggage at the hotel "where they planned to stay", yet possibly never returned. Their last confirmed location was a cafe in Estepona, and yet the next day, Liam phoned his girlfriend (stated in earlier stories). So where did they go, what did they do in the interim, between the cafe and the phone call? Did they even spend the night in the hotel? A hotel would normally know, if they use electronic keys.

RSBM, RBBM

This jumps out at me, now. It implies they left their luggage at the hotel "where they planned to stay", yet possibly never returned. Their last confirmed location was a cafe in Estepona, and yet the next day, Liam phoned his girlfriend (stated in earlier stories). So where did they go, what did they do in the interim, between the cafe and the phone call? Did they even spend the night in the hotel? A hotel would normally know, if they use electronic keys.

I think there is confusion about this as all reports differ, but remember seeing a family member post on one of the Sussex Police posts, saying that on the morning of the 2nd, they were seen driving away from the hotel, on the hotel's CCTV.

The British police asked for collaboration, and in Malaga, the Spanish police searched the hotel room where they were staying. They did not see anything scrambled or any sign of violence, and they found all their belongings.Passports were also there , so the voluntary flight would be ruled out.

At the moment the reasons for the disappearance are unknown. Now, the police are investigating their past and what they were doing in England, which is where they lived.

The initial hypothesis is that both went to some kind of meeting with someone. The car they rented to move around the city has also disappeared.

Las policías española y británica buscan a Daniel Pool y su hijo Liam, desaparecidos en Estepona

Las policías española y británica buscan a Daniel Pool y su hijo Liam, desaparecidos en Estepona

Daniel Pool and Liam Pool landed in Malaga on 31 March. They rented a car and headed to Estepona. There, only one day later, on 1 April, their track was lost.

The alarm was sounded by their family in England, since April 1st was the day they had their last communication with the father and son.

The British police asked for help, and in Malaga, the Spanish police searched the hotel room in which they were staying. They saw nothing disturbed or any sign of violence, and they found all their belongings. Passports were also there, therefore a voluntary departure would be ruled out.

For the time being, the reasons for the disappearance are unknown. Now, the police are investigating their past and what they did in England, where they lived.

The initial hypothesis is that they both went to some kind of encounter with someone. The car they rented to move around the city has also disappeared.

The investigation is being carried out by the Drugs and Organised Crime Unit together with the English police

BBM

The video with the interview with the reporter from Diario Sur is - cough -
*interesting* --- here are some gems ----- BTW this is not a transcript.

Q. The investigation is not done by Missing Persons, but by the Drugs and Organized Crime Unit.

A. They went on holiday, or at least that is what they told their family ....

Q: Does either one, the father or the son have any relation with .... how do I say this without suggesting or prejudice ... organized crime in the region?

A: They do not have a rap sheet in Spain, blablabla... it is being investigated in what they were doing in England where they lived and the international group is working together really well... the working hypothesis is that they met with someone, the motive is unclear but the main aim is to find them

Q. Violent! [ encounter]

I noticed you have the organised crime unit information, as I go to add some detail. I can't take in more at the moment, so I am just adding what I have to share. Again this is text hosted online, this for anyone

General

And this goes into what I perceive. It is for the police or those directly involved. It is not for the children to read. Lauryn, it says nothing bad about your father, provides no answers to what has happened, but the ideas contained would hurt you, and they are not even nescessarily correct . You don't need to be imagining where they lead, and I know you will be searching for any kind of answer. Read it later when we know what has happened, hopefully you will get to laugh at me :) . A very big please, or I will be feeling guilty for posting, and might stop , and it might just be helping find them both.

Direction

At this point I don't think it's for us to judgemental , whatever has gone on , no family should be in this position . Support comes their way from me .

I'm judgmental only of what these two may have done which has resulted in destroying this family. Lauryn in particular has my utmost sympathy having to deal with all this, plus her mother, plus everything else she has been through... and she's still a teenager lost in a horrible situation with a younger brother to look out for.

@Laurynpoole if you're reading this, we're on your side sweetheart.

I'm judgmental only of what these two may have done which has resulted in destroying this family. Lauryn in particular has my utmost sympathy having to deal with all this, plus her mother, plus everything else she has been through... and she's still a teenager lost in a horrible situation with a younger brother to look out for.

@Laurynpoole if you're reading this, we're on your side sweetheart.

Very kind words CoverMeCagney, appreciated.

I would just like to say I’m still reading these comments and I have to say they have become a lot more supportive than they previously were.
And I thank everyone who is helping and wants to help.

I’d like to think that yes I am maybe naive and I think there’s more than not just what I know and but the whole family.
One thing I know for certain is that my dad wouldn’t put my brother in a position of danger and I can say from the bottom of my heart that their disappearance is against both their will, unplanned and unexpected.

Police have been given every piece of information we know and more. I know people are trying to presume that as a family we know more than what meets the eye, this isn’t certainly not the case, and if it were would we be happy with them going away?
I have lost a lot in life and I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to lose my dad and brother too.

I have taken all comments on advice on board and I have followed as much as I can and I believe I was able to help by getting the REG out there, I’m guided by police of course so if there’s anything I haven’t done I’m sure you’re smart enough to know that it’s not because of any choice of my own.

Thank you again for helpful comments of support. It’s been a hard time but as mentioned above I am staying strong and hopeful for my little brother.

Will keep following

As a Mum of a daughter your age Lauren, you are in my thoughts and prayers all the time. No one your age should have had to go through the things you have had to endure, and to cope with so much at a young age. Sending love x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe
Back