SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hiya.
I literally check this thread EVERY day.
I’m not even joking, sometimes 5 times sometimes once in the evening.
I check for positive comments, and just to clarify any questions if I can.
And mostly of the time I can’t.
I appreciate speculation, and theories I think it’s great for us to have ideas and possibly open up new leads for us if there are any but unfortunately things that have been said here recently there’s nothing new.
Not because we’re all stupid and not doing a good job, but because as you have said we have all come to a long list of very possible scenarios.
I guess it’s down to police who hopefully know more information to narrow down the answers.
However like posted above, there’s reasons why I don’t know a lot. I just know the facts that I know and I’ve given them quite openly on here for people to read and see in order to help.
I’ve had so much help from this forum. So much that I’ve gained a big following on Facebook on the Finding Daniel and Liam page, and flyers have been shared all around the world.
All of which is a huge positive and have had some really positive results, people reaching out with information (nothing new but it’s better than nothing) and more than what I could have done without Websleuths.
It’s easy to say what you find strange or different to what you may do if you were in my/our shoes however you're not.
I think I have exhausted all the options, if there’s any more I can do I always check to see for suggestions.
But as for keeping you all updated. I have.
I have nothing new.

Thank you all again! I’m keeping well and trying to stay positive for myself and my brother. However every day is still a struggle, I’m seeing a counceller who’d very much agree that we are grieving too. I guess it’s a process we go through when we are suffering a loss. However I would say this loss is just as big as any loss/death I have suffered before and the process is very much the same. I just hope I don’t have to suffer this loss forever and they return soon without answers I think the process is actually a lot harder. However I understand why you would assume it would be used in ‘much worser’ terms.

Hey Lauryn,
You don't owe this forum explanations. People here have tried to help the best they could and it's great if this support has paid off but you're also allowed to take a step back and focus on yourself and your brother. However if someday you come in possession of a new piece of information that you feel people here could provide feedback/support/tips on, feel free to share and we'll try to help again.
I hope your father and brother come home safe and soon

Laurynpoole, so glad to hear that you're seeing a counselor! I can't imagine your feelings, trying to grasp that maybe your Dad & brother are gone -- but wait if I believe that, have I given up on them?

When a relative passes from age, we see it coming & begin preparing ourselves & grieve as the process develops. When a loved one is in a car accident & doesn't survive, we're all in shock together with that answer.

Lauryn, you & your brother are waiting for that answer.

You're a brave woman & I admire you!

images

Hi @Laurynpoole I'm glad you got help and support for yourself! Wishing you all the best and a solution to this mystery very soon.

I think what windrower suggested (see quote below) is not a bad idea at all. Wasn't there once talk of hiring a PI?

Snipped and bolded by me

I'm going to sound like a broken record. No people and no car found means I first think a fatal accident with the car.

Since I have never been to this area, and have no real idea about the terrain and roadways, is this a possible scenario?

Again, something active the family could do: Find someone to drive any and all routes Daniel and Liam could have taken when they left the friend's house after Daniel picked up Liam. After all this time, I'm not sure evidence (broken trees, branches, tire tracks, skid marks, etc.) will be easily seen. But if a driving team uses their critical thinking skills, maybe something will show itself.

Surely the friend must know something of their plans the next day? A direction in which to begin?

Now i understand a verified member means they can post inside information or confirmed facts as such which was explained earlier on... so the last confirmed fact that the brother was picked up by father in hire car from friend they where with ..... then their onward journey is the next step .... again as many scenarios have been brought forward as to car incidents the fact that car was on cctv with your father driving from hotel as you have confirmed also mentioned he had collected your brother then this would suggest both of them are missing ....in car ..... its makes you wonder and i know this is heartbreaking but it could be a possible car incident..... but going by facts posted with cctv also of car ....it could be one these scenarios many people have suggested.
Just hope isnt the case and return safely.

Hello all to my fellow WebSleuths. I'm new to WebSleuths. I've been following Daniel's case since the beginning. I think the photo of Daniel, that appeared on the dating app, could be important. I'm curious about where and when that photo was taken, is there any information about that? Specifically, does anyone who knows Daniel recognise the room where it was taken? I apologise in advance, if this question has already been asked. Thank you

Hello all to my fellow WebSleuths. I'm new to WebSleuths. I've been following Daniel's case since the beginning. I think the photo of Daniel, that appeared on the dating app, could be important. I'm curious about where and when that photo was taken, is there any information about that? Specifically, does anyone who knows Daniel recognise the room where it was taken? I apologise in advance, if this question has already been asked. Thank you
Welcome to Ws Fantastic!
Link to dating app reference and photo..
Mystery deepens for British father and son who vanished from Costa del Sol two weeks ago as expat reveals dad was on Tinder before vanishing - Olive Press News Spain
tinder-profile.jpg

Thanks for your welcome and the link Dotr. Yes that's the photo I'm curious about.

Sorry everyone, looks like I can answer my own question. I just noticed what looks like weights in the bottom left of the photo. I assume Daniel wouldn't take weights on holiday. Therefore, I think this photo was most likely taken at Daniel's home, or at least somewhere he stayed in the UK. So seems the photo may not be as important as I had thought.

Ok so pic was taken in uk..... it can not be ruled out that maybe tinder could be involved here. You dont have to log anybody you call or meet on the website.... you can 'hook up' as such with anyone... anywhere ....
Just hope family have news soon, as been while with no news.... but then with scenarios like possible car accidents... or other connections....this could take forever as nobody knows where they headed off too.

I cant seem to send a link as to an article which explaines how many people in spain have gone missing this year but if you google it the numbers
just in costa del sol are unbelievably high ..... many remain active or still unsolved wether it be a road incident or many other scenarios but again i hope this isnt case but so many others for whatever reason still remain a mystery. Ofcourse you want an answer or hopefully reunited but just reading the fact of numbers missing in costa del sol alone is astonishing and sometimes there unfortunately is not always an answer.
This explaines that in some cases and hopefully yours there are reunited cases ,but same time so many other cases remain unexplained unfortunately. As there is no further strong lead this information which is publically available to read are the reason as to why its impossible to guess what has happened here. Hopefully it will be one of those reunited cases.

I cant seem to send a link as to an article which explaines how many people in spain have gone missing this year but if you google it the numbers
just in costa del sol are unbelievably high ..... many remain active or still unsolved wether it be a road incident or many other scenarios but again i hope this isnt case but so many others for whatever reason still remain a mystery. Ofcourse you want an answer or hopefully reunited but just reading the fact of numbers missing in costa del sol alone is astonishing and sometimes there unfortunately is not always an answer.
This explaines that in some cases and hopefully yours there are reunited cases ,but same time so many other cases remain unexplained unfortunately. As there is no further strong lead this information which is publically available to read are the reason as to why its impossible to guess what has happened here. Hopefully it will be one of those reunited cases.
How many of those are attributed to suspected foul play?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frickett
Back