Found Deceased Spain - Esther Dingley, from UK, missing in the Pyrenees, November 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did the search start on Thursday or Friday morning?

I guess I’m still trying to reconcile the ‘typical behavior” of Esther as described by Dan...checking in multiple times a day, anxious to get home to him, doesn’t take chances or stray off trails, always let’s others know her plans....with the Esther of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...when he’s getting nothing from her...and still he waits.

I’m not postulating this as blame...only that it is a piece of the puzzle that doesn’t fit. Both of them are acting out of character. Or the characters that have been presented to us.

Add to that the fact that we know Dan was accustomed to sending her many texts a day, seemingly micro managing her trip from his armchair. . Did he suddenly stop trying or texting when he got not one reply in those days? Not reacting to no replies does not seem to fit his previous behavior.

Also, they had hiked in that region before. Although there are spots where there is no cell service, it appears that there are not...three days...worth of hiking areas where no cell service would not once be found. Dan even tells us of proximity to several roads. Maybe I’m wrong about this, but if she was so consistent with all the behaviors he described, surely she could have accessed WIFI fairly easily.

And Dan would have known this.

So the extended wait of his inactivity just puzzles me. What was he doing in the days prior to launching the search? I know he must have been frantic. But the Dan of all those messages...would he just sit and wait by the silent phone?

I’ve wondered what I might do...before taking the big step of calling in the search and rescue teams.

First I’d call local LE and ask for a wellness check at the van. Then I think I’d drive to the van, to the area myself.

Even if I didn’t have the mountaineering experience Dan has to hike the area, I’d have to go there and see if she was in the van avoiding me..or sick...or just refusing again to come home. He found a way to get there after the official search began, so he could have found a way.

I could be all wrong...but this is one of the things that just brings me here again and again. Something is off.

My opinions only, as always.

The searches started on Thursday at dawn with a combined effort of both French and Spanish forces.
From memory: Dan alerted French LE on Tuesday evening, and they contacted LE in Benasque on the Spanish side.
LE in Benasque checked the van.

Dan Colegate was cleared of any involvement in Esther's disapperance, which would not have been the case if he had been around the van prior to reporting her missing.

The searches started on Thursday at dawn with a combined effort of both French and Spanish forces.
From memory: Dan alerted French LE on Tuesday evening, and they contacted LE in Benasque on the Spanish side.
LE in Benasque checked the van.

Dan Colegate was cleared of any involvement in Esther's disapperance, which would not have been the case if he had been around the van prior to reporting her missing.

From Dan’s dossier..

The search for Esther commenced at first light on Thursday 26th November, the morning after she was due to return to the motorhome in Benasque, with search teams deployed in both France and Spain, some walking with dogs and some in helicopters flying over the area.

From the Times...he reported her missing on Wednesday the 25th.

Esther Dingley: Police call off mountain search for British hiker | News | The Times

Do you have a link that the van was checked before that? That is new information and very interesting. Just want to be sure it’s verified.You have been very helpful with links from EU press.

Somehow I don’t think a terribly distraught and worried partner would stay away just to avoid suspicion...especially if an accident is the most likely cause. No one had any reason to believe this was anything criminal before that intensive search. Why would Dan avoid coming to the area himself?

It’s Dan now who believes this is a crime not an accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back