Found Deceased Spain - Julen Rosello, 2, fell into narrow and deep borehole, Totalán, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Rescuers searching for missing toddler who fell down 100m well in Spain - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

More than 100 firefighters and emergency workers in southern Spain are searching for a two-year-old boy who fell into a narrow and deep borehole.

Rescuers have been unable to get into the borehole, which is no wider than 25 centimetres in diameter and is believed to reach depths of more than 100 metres.

On Monday afternoon (local time) they deployed three different approaches to reach the bottom of the well without damaging its structure or blocking it with soil and rocks, local authorities said.

According to rescuers, the toddler fell into the hole early on Sunday afternoon after walking away from his parents while playing in a mountainous area near the town of Totalan, north-east of the city of Malaga.
upload_2019-1-14_21-48-50.jpeg
The hole, which is too narrow for an adult to enter, had been bored a month earlier during water prospection works and had not been covered or protected, according to local media reports.

The provincial representative of the Spanish Government, Maria Gamez, said that firefighters using a robot camera in the early hours of Monday found a bag of lollies that the boy was carrying when he went missing.

Civil Guard spokesman Bernardo Molto told Spanish public broadcaster TVE that efforts would now focus on using more sophisticated equipment to widen the hole while also digging separate tunnels to access the shaft.

Asked whether the investigation is also considering any other reasons for the boy's disappearance, Mr Molto said the authorities' priorities were "searching, locating and rescuing the boy".

Prayers!

Wow quick memories of the miracle rescue with baby Jessica. Okay, so it wasn’t as deep, but it was more narrow. And 30 years later. Wow, You would think by now, safety measures would be in place.

(Jessica McClure Morales (born March 26, 1986) became famous on October 14, 1987, at the age of 18 months after she fell into a well in her aunt's backyard in Midland, Texas. Between that day and October 16, rescuers worked for 56 hours to free her from the eight-inch (20 cm) well casing 22 feet (6.7 m) below the ground.)

It‘s possible he was sliding down and got stuck and didn’t fall all the way down. But he‘d be in a bad place in any case without water and medical attention.

Well he's more than 75 meters down there, since they found the bag of candy. I haven't heard that they hear him screaming though and I would guess his legs would be broken if he went down feet first. Hopefully he's not down there suffering. That would be making me sick if I was his Mom.

Oh no. I remember seeing my mum crying watching the news when I was about 6 or 7, a little boy in Italy (I think) had fallen down a well. He was called Alfredo. One of my earliest TV memories.

Hoping for a better outcome for this little lad.

Oh no. I remember seeing my mum crying watching the news when I was about 6 or 7, a little boy in Italy (I think) had fallen down a well. He was called Alfredo. One of my earliest TV memories.

Hoping for a better outcome for this little lad.

Alfredo aRampi, I remember it well, it was on tv nonstop coverage for 3 days. He fell 30 meters down in the well and then slipped more than 30 meters farther down during the rescue attempts.

My grandma sat in front of the tv literally wringing her hands during the rescue attempts.
Alfredo Rampi - Wikipedia

Alfredo aRampi, I remember it well, it was on tv nonstop coverage for 3 days. He fell 30 meters down in the well and then slipped more than 30 meters farther down during the rescue attempts.

My grandma sat in front of the tv literally wringing her hands during the rescue attempts.
Alfredo Rampi - Wikipedia
Interesting about the judge thinking foul play because of the harness, Italian judges and prosecutors like to get overzealous.

Rescuers searching for missing toddler who fell down 100m well in Spain - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

More than 100 firefighters and emergency workers in southern Spain are searching for a two-year-old boy who fell into a narrow and deep borehole.

Rescuers have been unable to get into the borehole, which is no wider than 25 centimetres in diameter and is believed to reach depths of more than 100 metres.

On Monday afternoon (local time) they deployed three different approaches to reach the bottom of the well without damaging its structure or blocking it with soil and rocks, local authorities said.

According to rescuers, the toddler fell into the hole early on Sunday afternoon after walking away from his parents while playing in a mountainous area near the town of Totalan, north-east of the city of Malaga.
View attachment 164261
The hole, which is too narrow for an adult to enter, had been bored a month earlier during water prospection works and had not been covered or protected, according to local media reports.

The provincial representative of the Spanish Government, Maria Gamez, said that firefighters using a robot camera in the early hours of Monday found a bag of lollies that the boy was carrying when he went missing.

Civil Guard spokesman Bernardo Molto told Spanish public broadcaster TVE that efforts would now focus on using more sophisticated equipment to widen the hole while also digging separate tunnels to access the shaft.

Asked whether the investigation is also considering any other reasons for the boy's disappearance, Mr Molto said the authorities' priorities were "searching, locating and rescuing the boy".
This one makes me even queasier than usual - I just flew home after a wonderful trip to Cozumel Mexico where I took care of my 2 and a half year old grandson while his parents and friends went diving every morning.

The estate we stayed at was well appointed and maintained by a groundskeeper and housekeeper but there were several wells on the property. Thankfully they were all covered by heavy concrete blocks but I still worried as my grandson ran around, curious about everthing.

I kept an eagle eye upon my grandson but as all parents and grandparents know, kids can get into serious trouble in the blink of an eye. I hope this little guy in Spain will be rescued alive but it's sounding like there may not be a good ending.

They do not know if the boy is still alive. A camera lowered into the well found his bag of sweets and a plastic cup 78m down, Spanish media report.

------------------------------------------------------

The boy's father rang police at 14:00 local time (13:00 GMT) on Sunday to tell them Yulen had fallen into the well.

Spain toddler stuck in deep borehole

If that timeline is correct, it's now 6am Monday there. So that would be 18 hours. Certainly better than the 24 hours that was rumored.

I wasn't even born yet for Alfredo so I don't recall him.
I am Jessica's age so I don't remember that either.
I do remember hearing about her when we moved to a house with a well when I was 6.

I guess they likely have no idea how much water is down there either... but they've looked 260 feet down and haven't seen him. I can't imagine this having a good ending and it kills me because I have a little guy myself.

Not having a lot of luck finding any updates though. But I'm watching.

:(

The 2-year-old yelled as he vanished.

------------------------------------------

The AP reports the well hadn't been covered; the Local says the cover was present but nearby, rather than atop the hole.

Spanish media reports the family has been through tragedy before: Two years ago, the couple's 3-year-old died of a heart attack.

Rescuers try to reach toddler who fell into 360-foot well

He cried out when he fell but has not been heard from since.
On Monday morning, rescuers came across a cup and a bag of sweets he was holding when he disappeared.

The sweets were discovered in a layer of compacted, wet sand 78 metres down the borehole, which had been left uncovered.

Rescuers search for toddler who fell into 110-metre well in Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member