***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We did see it. It was during the trial. Cheney Mason told LDB to stay at the podium and work some sort of contraption. LDB quipped back, "I don't work for you." The look she gave Cheney Mason was classic and if I remember correctly, he shut up quick! It was a nice slap in the face to DCS and the younger little assistant girl who were so busy being Cheney and Jose's "do-girls."

OH YEAH!!! How could I have forgotten that gem?!? :floorlaugh:

I love me some LDB!

I seem to remember at least one. I think Kathy Belich went and got it. I think at one point some of us were frustrated because sidebar info was available to the press but they wouldn't pay to get it.

If I am remembering wrong, I am sorry.

I thought anyone could get the transcripts, not just the press?

Obviously they are costly though :/

I thought anyone could get the transcripts, not just the press?

Obviously they are costly though :/

You're right - anyone can buy them and they are costly.

We used to have a local who would get docs for us released per the Sunshine Laws and it gets very, very expensive.

The problem with the sidebar transcripts is that there were SO MANY sidebars - some of them very lengthy. There is no way of knowing which ones are worth buying and which ones would be *yawn*. It would cost a fortune to buy them all.

I think the media may have had some sources who gave them "hints" or, at the very least, a very good clue which ones were worth buying.

Respectfully snipped ^^ but omg...that just broke me :( I hope that little sweetpea knows now how many of us out here have a special place in their hearts just for her. ugh :**(

Yes, she captured my heart on Day 31...or thereabout. She had my heart then and she will have it forever. I'm starting to forget FICA,CA, GA, LA and the DT, rarely do I think of them. Caylee, I think of everyday. She made a profound difference in my life.

Anyone else here on the Amazon pre-order list since September who has not received their book yet? I just got a notice that mine was "mis-shipped" and "mis-routed."

In all my orders from Amazon over the years this is the first time I have had this happen, and it makes me suspicious...like maybe they think I will buy Kindle if they mess up my book order.

I haven't received mine either. My email said I should receive it on Saturday. I think this happened once before with one of the Twilight books...i got it in the afternoon and you could buy it in the stores in the am ;-)

But this isn't Twilight so I don't know what the deal is. And I HAVE a Kindle. I just wanted a physical copy of this one.

You're right - anyone can buy them and they are costly.

We used to have a local who would get docs for us released per the Sunshine Laws and it gets very, very expensive.

The problem with the sidebar transcripts is that there were SO MANY sidebars - some of them very lengthy. There is no way of knowing which ones are worth buying and which ones would be *yawn*. It would cost a fortune to buy them all.

I think the media may have had some sources who gave them "hints" or, at the very least, a very good clue which ones were worth buying.

Beach didn't we hear a quote that they are a dollar a page and with the hearing, the actual trial, the evidence, the depositions, the Frye hearing which went on for days, the Jury Selection - there were thousands and thousands of pages of documents ....

Beach didn't we hear a quote that they are a dollar a page and with the hearing, the actual trial, the evidence, the depositions, the Frye hearing which went on for days, the Jury Selection - there were thousands and thousands of pages of documents ....

A $1 per page was the figure that came to mind for me too, LG. I just know that WSers contributed many, many thousands of dollars over the past 3 years to be able to read/sleuth those docs and depositions. Shoot, I remember just ONE particular doc was over 1,800 pages. I remember it so well because it was filled with forensic evidence (fibers, etc...) and I am still recovering from sleuthing that document! LOL

The generosity was mind-boggling... There literally is no other site like Websleuths and the members who post here. Genuine, caring people who only wanted to sleuth out the truth. And that we did. :)

ahhh...the audio book is gettin betta. Jeff is in the groove now, and his voice is becoming expressive. That first chapter was rather painful ;)

Not learning much, but it's a nice recap. Right now CFCMA is still in jail and Jeff is going through the jail house visits with the family.

Now I'm afraid I'll be listening all night - LOL.

Mel

http://www.harpercollins.com/Author/Tour.aspx?authorID=38752

All Events Promoting Imperfect Justice

Thursday, November 17, 2011
CTV/Canada AM

Monday, November 21, 2011
06:00 PM
ORLANDO PUBLIC LIBRARY
101 E Central Blvd Orlando, FL 32801

Tuesday, November 22, 2011
09:00 PM
blogtalkradio.com/levipage

Monday, November 28, 2011
07:00 PM
BOOK MARK
220 First ST Neptune Beach, FL 32266

Tuesday, November 29, 2011
NEW SMYRNA BEACH REGIONAL LIBRARY
1001 S Dixie Freeway New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

Tuesday, November 29, 2011
12:30 PM
DELAND REGIONAL LIBRARY
130 E Howry AVE DeLand, FL 32724

Wednesday, November 30, 2011
05:00 PM
VERO BEACH BOOK CENTER
2145 Indian River Blvd. Vero Beach, FL 32960

Friday, December 02, 2011
07:00 PM
BARNES & NOBLE
2501 Tyrone Blvd St. Petersburg, FL 33710

I have to work during the Orlando time. St. Pete, here I come.

A $1 per page was the figure that came to mind for me too, LG. I just know that WSers contributed many, many thousands of dollars over the past 3 years to be able to read/sleuth those docs and depositions. Shoot, I remember just ONE particular doc was over 1,800 pages. I remember it so well because it was filled with forensic evidence (fibers, etc...) and I am still recovering from sleuthing that document! LOL

The generosity was mind-boggling... There literally is no other site like Websleuths and the members who post here. Genuine, caring people who only wanted to sleuth out the truth. And that we did. :)

Thanks 'Beach - and I wish Muzikman would stop in for a minute and just say hello - I miss him! He did so much for WS and I would love to say thank you one more time..

Now that I am done the book, I really do feel some sort of closure. Very strange but I do. Thanks JA !!!

LOL ... So far, Jose is the ONLY one saying he had a speaking engagement at Harvard ... I don't believe it for one second ... maybe some super sleuthing will expose him for the liar that he is ...

Right. Kind of like his Cosmic Top Secret security clearance in the Navy.

:winkaway:

Giant Pickle, i look at your adorable picture of Caylee
and somehow I think of the Hawk on the windowsill everyday
at lunch time..I believe. Caylee was in that court room.
God Bless her little soul for she knows what her mother will never know.
PEACE and LOVE. ::Rose::

got a kick out of learning that LDB costumed herself as KC on one of the long drives to/from jury selection: shirt w/ #s on it and oversized white shades

OT: never believed that CA didn't recognize the Big Trouble shirt

enjoyed the group photo of YM/LDB/JA/FA, showing LDB's pretty smile (rarely seen for 3 years)

read most of the thread, haven't seen this asked/answered

did JA smell good when he hugged you? TIA

Yes, she captured my heart on Day 31...or thereabout. She had my heart then and she will have it forever. I'm starting to forget FICA,CA, GA, LA and the DT, rarely do I think of them. Caylee, I think of everyday. She made a profound difference in my life.

at trial one of the most distressing & poignant photos was the one of her lil playhouse....I think JA thought so too, as it is one of the (not many) pics in the book. I cry every time I see that pic. it really says it all about who did what for caylee in life. GA adored her, CA adored her. it still is anyone's guess as to why they couldnt take up for her in death. (I totter around in my opinions on GA and CA, generally feeling sympathy for GA, not so much for CA)

anyways relative to your post is caylee & her playhouse. every time I see a playhouse I think of her, and how lucky she was to have it, and how unlucky she was to only have life to not even three years old. I remember a pic on some thread or another, ages ago, of caylee & her many many mr potato heads...and there was some criticism on the overabundance of toys she seemed to have had, my goodness....she didnt get three years of life...granted no one could have foreseen that but at LEAST she had some joy in that time.

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa
She confided in Kiomarie Cruz that there were 8 possible babydaddies in the month that she conceived Caylee....

With Casey's propensity to lie and exaggerate...I would bet the number was probably much lower...like 1 or 2

Or even higher ;)

One thing I still don't understand, that JA mentions, is the details of how Roy Kronk found the skull. When he first saw the remains, he reported seeing the skull next to the bag. When he find it again in December, he says he used his stick to pick up the bag and the skull rolled out.

Then to muddle it more, as JA says, the skull had clearly been in in place for a long time, with relevance attached to the position it was lying in and the position of the hair matt. Can anyone explain this to me?

One thing I still don't understand, that JA mentions, is the details of how Roy Kronk found the skull. When he first saw the remains, he reported seeing the skull next to the bag. When he find it again in December, he says he used his stick to pick up the bag and the skull rolled out.

Then to muddle it more, as JA says, the skull had clearly been in in place for a long time, with relevance attached to the position it was lying in and the position of the hair matt. Can anyone explain this to me?

I'll give this one a try. I believe part of the garbage bag was lying on top of the skull which had plant roots entwined in it. When he lifted up the bag which was probably slightly stuck to the skull - there was the skull lying there. I think he was probably so shocked he at first thought the skull rolled out.

Thanks 'Beach - and I wish Muzikman would stop in for a minute and just say hello - I miss him! He did so much for WS and I would love to say thank you one more time..

Man, I miss the days of the putting up the Muzikman signal, and waiting anxiously for him to get and post documents...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back