Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who are sued for defamation will need to hire an attorney. If they decide to settle out of court, they will pay to settle plus pay the fee of their attorney.

If people decide to go to trial, their attorneys fees should be expected to be very high, for even simple trials are extremely costly. Plus, to say the least, they (and perhaps their family) will be worried sick thoughout the process

Setting yourself up for a potential defamation lawsuit is just plain dull.

Again, I'm not exactly worried about a man who has stated he's so broke he has to beg charity over the internet to pay for a private detective and for his legal bills.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saying that you "suspect" represents opinion. Saying that you "feel" represents opinion. Saying that you "think" represents opinion. Saying that you "believe" represents opinion. Etc.

Defamation suits are not grounded in statements that represent opinion. Defamation statements are usually grounded in a statement or statements that portray a fact or facts that are deemed to be defaming to one or more parties -- where one of more of the alleged facts is claimed not to be true. Repeating false rumors can also lead to a defamation suit.

Gary Condit sued Dominic Dunne for defamation during a Larry King appearance. It took Dominic off the air for over a year, and Dominic admitted it was, to say the least, a very trying period for him. It cost him a ton of money in a number of ways. Moreover, he settled out of court as well.

Simply put, he was not maze bright (dull) while on Larry King that night, and it cost him dearly.

Yes, dear, but Dominick Dunne writes for a major publication and has deep pockets (which makes it a better bet). This is not a major publication; we are incapable of damaging DP's reputation. Again, he has to prove real damages. Not hurt feelings. It doesn't work that way. Bringing a costly lawsuit against people whose pockets aren't deep is risky. You may never, ever recoup the cost of legal bills.

It would simply be silly and financially damaging to bring a lawsuit against a peon on an internet chatboard. Besides, I'm not sure if setting up an internet begging site for cash would work a second time.
:)

If I were DP I'd be more worried about the slanderous and very public things I've said about the entire Savio and Cales families, and the pastor. Now those remarks were damaging, as they were stated on NATIONAL TELEVISION, as fact.

Yes, dear, but Dominick Dunne writes for a major publication and has deep pockets (which makes it a better bet). This is not a major publication; we are incapable of damaging DP's reputation. Again, he has to prove real damages. Not hurt feelings. It doesn't work that way. Bringing a costly lawsuit against people whose pockets aren't deep is risky. You may never, ever recoup the cost of legal bills.

It would simply be silly and financially damaging to bring a lawsuit against a peon on an internet chatboard. Besides, I'm not sure if setting up an internet begging site for cash would work a second time.
:)

If I were DP I'd be more worried about the slanderous and very public things I've said about the entire Savio and Cales families, and the pastor. Now those remarks were damaging, as they were stated on NATIONAL TELEVISION, as fact.

Deep pockets matter to many, if not most, plaintiffs. While to other plaintiffs that is not even a faint consideration.

Please take what I said previously in the spirit in which it was offered; be wise in what you say here and elsewhere. The number of defamation lawsuits is exploding.

Parents of children hear how their parents express themselves, and parents are sued for what their children say -- in alarming fashion nowadays. In any such lawsuit, the attorney will sit the child down and ask them: Why did you say that? An all too familiar answer: Well, Mommy and/or Daddy or Mom and/or Dad says that "so and so" are xxxxx xxxxx, so I called yyyy (their child) that too.

Habits gather by unseen degrees as brooks run to rivers and rivers to seas. You just never know. Be wise.

WUDGE:

I made a whole thread just for you and where we can "talk" with you on legal matters.

Please post there. If you have anything for "Stacy", by all means PLEASE POST HERE.

WUDGE:

I made a whole thread just for you and where we can "talk" with you on legal matters.

Please post there. If you have anything for "Stacy", by all means PLEASE POST HERE.

Thank you but please delete it. I have nothing more to offer here.

Wudge:

Sorry that your leaving..................you did have some good points. But I am going to leave it there if the mods think it's okay. Appears we might have another "attorney" that can answer some of our legal questions".

I will leave this one up to the mods and other WS posters.

Keep an eye out for the Nancy Grace transcript tonight. Brodsky was on.
He totally disparaged and dismissed Rick Mims as well as Stacy's brother Yelton.
Said that their private investigators would be looking into friends of Yelton's.

He totally disparaged and dismissed Rick Mims as well as Stacy's brother Yelton.
Said that their private investigators would be looking into friends of Yelton's.

WTF for???!!! Is this Brodsky and Drews backdoor way of harrasing Stacy's family?

I NEVER thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for NG to come back and harrass these stupid defense lawyers. JAB will go running back to Greta after 1 show with NG.

I think Greta asks much better questions, and we get more out of Greta, but NG does not care WHO she tells off (even if she's got the facts wrong!). IMO anyway.

I think she'll put up with even less now that she's a mom!

I just heard the BBPD Chief say he's pretty sure Drew's children will make a GJ appearance. (Greta's show)

Yes, I heard that, too! I hope they aren't so scared of Drew that they hedge on the truth tho. : ( They do have to go home afterwards.

Didn't Sharon mention where the cadaver dogs supposedly "hit"? I have looked and looked to no avail for that.

Didn't Sharon mention where the cadaver dogs supposedly "hit"? I have looked and looked to no avail for that.
Yes I remember reading somewhere it was neighbor Sharon who said that SS, not the media. The media as I recall when mentioning the 'hits' at the house were only the bedroom and at the garage door.

Here's a photo of dog at garage door.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=868jek2&s=1

WTF for???!!! Is this Brodsky and Drews backdoor way of harrasing Stacy's family?
IMO Brodsky is trying to throw mud and make it look like someone else is a suspect. Brodsky said that there was a "Mr. Cales" that was now in jail as a sex offender. Brodsky felt he should be looked at because he was the person that Stacey was meeting that day to paint with. Brosky never said this was Stacey's brother. Pam, the family spokesperson, was the one that said that Yelstin being a sex offender had no relevence to Stacey missing at all. She wanted to know why Brodsky would make that comment when he represented someone who dated and married 16 year olds when he was 46 year old. She stated in her opinion DP was a sex offender. I don't remember Yelstin being the person Stacey was meeting to paint with. I thought it was Cassandra's boyfriend. Methinks Brodsky is mixing up his stories in an effort to make someone else look like they had a motive or could possibly be a suspect. Lame try IMO

LOL I don't think Brodsky is trying to mix up the stories...but possibly he is actually mixed up about the stories. This wouldn't be the first time he has mispoken, imo!

The original plan was for Stacy, Cassandra and her friend Bruce to go paint the rented house that had been YELTON's. Yelton had apparently violated his parole and was returned to prison.
They wanted to do it so they could get either a deposit back, or get out of the lease or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datalord