State files motion to proceed with check fraudUPDATE CASE TO BE SCHEDULED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And the s%!t load of paper towels.

It is just Anthony speak. We misunderstood what she meant.

I stole money from my friend to fund my clandestine search for my daughter

=

I stole money from my friend to fund my clandestine search for evidence of my daughters murder and its half assed clean up.

OK---this is really taking it to another limb---but here goes---what if the investigation into ZFG has ended up with proof of hot checks written by ZFG---with video of KC cashing them. Could this be what is happening? Would they have to file charges against her on this or could they do it in court---like---surprise-surprise?

OK---this is really taking it to another limb---but here goes---what if the investigation into ZFG has ended up with proof of hot checks written by ZFG---with video of KC cashing them. Could this be what is happening? Would they have to file charges against her on this or could they do it in court---like---surprise-surprise?
Wow...I think I need a drink.

(MWA!)

Well, I do know for sure she could stay at the county lockup as a DOC inmate, and could still be housed in a single cell in protective custody.

As for as JB, I stated that he could argue that if Casey were to be sent to prison, he would have to commute to the prison to confer with her on the preparation for her murder case. In prison, he would not have the unrestricted time to spend with his client. In other words, he could not decide he was going to stay until midnight. He would have to adhere to the prison's policy regarding attorney visits.

It would please me tremendously for Casey to be in general population in jail and prison!!!!!

Bet he couldn't take that laptop in either.

Yup! That's what I think too, they want to make her squeem and squirm. The state knows the defense is waiting and holding their breath, and trying to figure out what to do, this just throws another wrench into it all and squeeeeeezing her a little more. Maybe they think if they squeeze a little tighter, she'll confess!
I'd settle for that...a plea deal would be nice and would save the taxpayers a whole lot of money. As long as she sits there she's raking in dough (think about it!).

All the checks etc., involved with Check Fraud Charges etc., all have to do with the checks Casey took from Amy and cashed or bought items with. This has nothing to do with ZFG.

Is anyone watching HLN right now?? jamie F is on reporting a defense expert (unnamed) states the autopsy doesn't suggest murder and Jamie seems to think the pro's have an uphill battle to prove 'murder'.

We all got the same autopsy report right???

I wish I did. There's never been verification of the $45,000...though there has been discussion on how the media got a hold of that amount. I got the impression that at one time SP would have been willing to pursue the fraud...not sure if she would now. This must all be so mentally exhausting for her. But, I wonder if there are ways around that. Didn't we also speculate about there being Federal charges brought...wire fraud...or something like that?
SP doesn't file charges, the financial institute does since they are the ones holding a loss.

Gotta strap the girls down if you are going to be running all over town and making sprinting tackles of kidnappers ;)
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'd settle for that...a plea deal would be nice and would save the taxpayers a whole lot of money. As long as she sits there she's raking in dough (think about it!).

:crossfingers: :wink:

All the checks etc., involved with Check Fraud Charges etc., all have to do with the checks Casey took from Amy and cashed or bought items with. This has nothing to do with ZFG.

Well, didn't the State say there might be other fraud charges (pending) or something. KC is ZFG and if ZFG did have hot checks then it is still KC?

SP doesn't file charges, the financial institute does since they are the ones holding a loss.

SP does file the charges. The bank files the complaint and by doing so agrees to cooperate with the investigation. It is then up to the state whether the charges are prosecutable or not, AND if they are going to proceed with them.

Is anyone watching HLN right now?? jamie F is on reporting a defense expert (unnamed) states the autopsy doesn't suggest murder and Jamie seems to think the pro's have an uphill battle to prove 'murder'.

We all got the same autopsy report right???

:offtopic: for this thread.

Well, I think it'll be tons of fun when we see KC having to stare at Amy when she gets up on the stand and tells everybody what KC did. Looking forward to THAT.

Well, didn't the State say there might be other fraud charges (pending) or something. KC is ZFG and if ZFG did have hot checks then it is still KC?

Aw mamabear, the state was referring to funds KC was known to have obtained fraudulently. As in CA/GA - the tax refund deposit that was forged and funds stolen, reportedly about 4K. I think there is more to KC stealing that we have really seen.

Well, I think it'll be tons of fun when we see KC having to stare at Amy when she gets up on the stand and tells everybody what KC did. Looking forward to THAT.

I will get a lot of satisfaction out of that myself. Amy appeared to be such a good friend to Casey, and then Casey does this to Amy? :mad:

It has not been proven that Casey is ZFG. I just don't want this thread turned into something that has not been proven.

As far as I recall, all charges that the state planned on charging against Casey have been charged. If there are more charges, then someone please kindly post the updated charges from last year.

Not an attorney, but I think this a great idea. It might force KC on the stand to explain why she stole AH checks and wrote against the funds at Targee and other places as well as going directly into the bank branch to cash a check.

Any legal opinions ..... are more than welcome.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19823153/detail.html

SP is helping the Gonzalez attornies get their depos from the Anthony's right?-what happened with the contempt hearing to compel Cindy to answer questions rather than stamping her feet and leaving?

SP is helping the Gonzalez attornies get their depos from the Anthony's right?-what happened with the contempt hearing to compel Cindy to answer questions rather than stamping her feet and leaving?

:offtopic: However I will answer the question ....

No, the SP is not helping Morgan and Morgan to get the depos from the Anthony's. Gonzalez case is a civil case and has nothing to do with the state.

Morgan and Morgan have to wait for an opening for a court date in order to get the Judge to compel the Anthony's to answer questions. The last court date Brad Conway wasn't able to attend as he hurt his back.

IIRC, when KC was indicted for Murder One back in October, the state very generously agreed to postpone the check fraud case (and of course dropped the child neglect charges). I thought it may have been in response to some whining JB made about the disadvantage they would have at sentencing if she had a previous record. He was able to drag that expected date out even further by not filing for a speedy trial in the murder case.

Now, initially, when this all went down, the state had initially set a tentative trial date for January 2009 I believe; and there was a rather nebulous period where folks were speculating on perhaps March, etc. Once Caylee's remains were found, it was clear that to expect the trial would occur during the first quarter of 2009 was clearly impractical (and the state was very thoughtful in allowing the Anthony family to take several months to plan and execute an elaborate memorial for Caylee). So eventually another tentative trial date was set for October 2009.

Given all the delays, foot dragging and other self-serving and histrionic cacadoodledoo JB has larded into the case, I would think that the SA is no longer willing to postpone this check fraud case indefinitely simply to avoid KC having a prior record when her murder trial finally begins.

In addition to the excellent reasons above in which this may prove helpful to the murder case (not only for evidence but to help prevent AH from being unnecessarily shown in a bad light as has been speculated), I'm sure the SA is thinking that otherwise, by the time this gets to trial, they will be dealing with a time line that is either similar to those in Italy or something out of Guantanamo.

Linda DB you go girl! JB (and the Anthony family) have together done more to taint a jury pool than any prosecution attempt EVER could have. Maybe if he had spent less time playing hide the twizzler, yachting with GR, writing whiny unprofessional motions, and engaging in snarky, juvenile mind games with the press, he would be able to make "jury tainting" statements that had even a modicum of traction.

JB needs to put on his big boy panties, stop blaming the SA for his troubles and take responsibility for what he himself has done to taint a jury pool by mismanaging public perception from the inception of his reception.
:boohoo:

EXCELLENT POST, CECYBEANS!! :clap::clap::clap: :blowkiss:

SP does file the charges. The bank files the complaint and by doing so agrees to cooperate with the investigation. It is then up to the state whether the charges are prosecutable or not, AND if they are going to proceed with them.

Dang, that is what I meant to say. Thanks for the clarification.

Does Florida accept Alford Pleas? Any lawyers down there know. An Alford plea would be perfect for her. She could even pout and whine that she didn't want to plea out but had no choice without divulging info for her murder trial. Poor KC! Alford pleas usually get you a lighter sentence too, at least around here!

ETA: I just looked it up and yes, Florida accepts them. That would sure save the tax payers a lot of money!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back