State files motion to proceed with check fraudUPDATE CASE TO BE SCHEDULED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, my aching head! Could this really be a valid defense???? Is this why, at one point or another (sorry don't remember when or where), GA was asked if Casey ever had a checking account, and if so, where?

My point being, if she never had a checking account, the defense could not use the wrong checkbook excuse, but if she did.... well my brain just doesn't want to go there, after what you just stated.
Well, that means she may have left HER check book in Amy's car if she was off writing checks with Amy's. Nah...too much of a stretch. Let's not forget Amy's missing cash as well.

I think the KC link to ZG will be that the cash KC got using stolen checks was used to pay the fine for ZG.

You guys are too fast !! I was responding to page 1 with 1 sentence and got lapped 4 times. HA HA

It's going to be hard to defend the forgery charges. She's on video, i.e., and 'eyewitness' to the crime. She's admitted it to her parents in the jail visits "I stole from Amy....", i.e. a confession, so that's going to be hard to say she didn't do it. Having said that, I don't believe there is a change in Hades the forgery trial goes before the murder trial. I think that would trample on her rights and they won't do that in a capital case. She will not and cannot be compelled to testify or say anything that might damage her in a capital case.

I don't think she will EVER be in gen pop - I think she will stay in protective custody for the duration. Pity no one protected Caylee.

JB would argue that he would not have the access he needed to Casey to prepare for the murder trial if she were in prison on the check conviction, IMO.

Nothing would change as far as Casey's location if the Orange County jail has any DOC inmates. She would just have a different color jail uniform and listed on a different 'count'.

Casey just might would have to change jail cells, IMO, to a different location in the jail, but would still be in protective custody.
Do you know this for sure? Can it differ state-to-state? I thought I've heard of people going to prison for one crime...only to be tried later for murder. Don't know if it's the whole chicken and egg thing, though. She could be protected in prison...solitary confinement. Oh, that would please me.

Then if JB is not going to bring up "KC was getting money to help Caylee" because it opens the door for State..there is no way for defense to argue this so what do you think of JB convincing KC to plead Nolo contendere

hi okie! sorry, just now seeing this!

honestly, i don't know what i think. the SA is sorta in a win-win situation if the Judge allows the fraud trial to be held before the homicide trial. if she is offered and takes a plea deal, the state wins. if she pleads not guilty and goes to trial, she is going to be found guilty. bank on it. the state wins a little bigger maybe. i do feel that the Defense can gain absolutely nothing by putting KC on the stand in the fraud trial. the only thing that can really help the defense is if the Judge denies the State motion to go forward with the fraud trial.

I am NOT aware of a county in the USA where one would get the stiffest penalty or charged with one (for check fraud) if this was their first time in trouble. It just doesnt happen. It would be pleaded down.... As far as her getting on the stand I doubt that very much. The plead bargaining would all take place behind the scenes between prosecutor and defense attorney. It would never go to trial. The only reason I can see that the state would continue to pursue the check fraud case is to possibly get a stiffer sentence on the murder trial. Maybe they just dont have such a solid case that would warrant the death penalty.. JMO
IMO...nah...they're just trying to make things a little bit more uncomfortable for Casey and the defense...as well they should. They have a plan...and I bet it's one heck of a plan at that!

:crazy: So much going on my head is spinning. Sorry if this was already discussed. I am trying to figure out what ever happen to the following and if this is part of what is going to be address in these economic charges that Casey has plead not guilty to.

(Remember, back when LE said more economic charges are coming, one from Grandparents and other's?)

:waitasec:Did or has Casey's grandmother filed charges agaist her?

:waitasec:Did they ever bring up the fact that Casey stole all that money from Cindy and how Cindy was trying to get Casey out it by saying it was not Casey it was identity theft. Didn't she claim that Casey stole over $45,000?
:waitasec:Did the credit agency ever want to press charges since Cindy reported it earlier on? Anyone know?

On Sept. 2, 2008 "Snip"
Orange County officials also said they were planning to file more charges against Casey dealing with money she's accused of taking from family members. So all in all they were going for fraud, forgery, and petty theft.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17366272/detail.html
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=7345035&version=1&locale=EN-US

Looks to me like the SA is ready to go to trial. Between these last two filed motions (also the one regarding her tattoo) and all the motions they filed to make sure she doesn't get an appeal down the line, it really seems that way. It is definitely the defense who is going to need all the time that push this trial date back for another year. They spent sooo much time on that stupid jailhouse video and it essentially has nothing to do with her defense! They will be the ones that will keep trying to push the trial date back further and further. IMO the SA has all the evidence they need.

:crazy: So much going on my head is spinning. Sorry if this was already discussed. I am trying to figure out what ever happen to the following and if this is part of what is going to be address in these economic charges that Casey has plead not guilty to.

(Remember, back when LE said more economic charges are coming, one from Grandparents and other's?)

:waitasec:Did or has Casey's grandmother filed charges agaist her?

:waitasec:Did they ever bring up the fact that Casey stole all that money from Cindy and how Cindy was trying to get Casey out it by saying it was not Casey it was identity theft. Didn't she claim that Casey stole over $45,000?
:waitasec:Did the credit agency ever want to press charges since Cindy reported it earlier on? Anyone know?
I wish I did. There's never been verification of the $45,000...though there has been discussion on how the media got a hold of that amount. I got the impression that at one time SP would have been willing to pursue the fraud...not sure if she would now. This must all be so mentally exhausting for her. But, I wonder if there are ways around that. Didn't we also speculate about there being Federal charges brought...wire fraud...or something like that?

Do you know this for sure? Can it differ state-to-state? I thought I've heard of people going to prison for one crime...only to be tried later for murder. Don't know if it's the whole chicken and egg thing, though. She could be protected in prison...solitary confinement. Oh, that would please me.

Well, I do know for sure she could stay at the county lockup as a DOC inmate, and could still be housed in a single cell in protective custody.

As for as JB, I stated that he could argue that if Casey were to be sent to prison, he would have to commute to the prison to confer with her on the preparation for her murder case. In prison, he would not have the unrestricted time to spend with his client. In other words, he could not decide he was going to stay until midnight. He would have to adhere to the prison's policy regarding attorney visits.

It would please me tremendously for Casey to be in general population in jail and prison!!!!!

Does anyone know how the bank handles SP and CA's losses?

PS- heck, I just want the SA (or DA?) to ask Casey how on earth buying a bra was helping her find her daughter!?!

Gotta strap the girls down if you are going to be running all over town and making sprinting tackles of kidnappers ;)

IF:

1.) It can be proven KC had a checking account at the time.
2.) KC can explain why she would sign AH's name to the checks she wrote at BOA.
3.) KC can explain how AH's checkbook "accidently" slid itself into her checkbook wallet (as seen it the Target video).
4.) KC would have to prove she and Amy had the same style checks to explain how she wouldn't have noticed the difference between them at Target.

I wasn't suggesting it would work!
Just thinking outloud that she is on video, there is no defense.
And we know he isn't going to go with the I was looking for my kid defense.

Ya know, the sad thing is that what comes out of JB's mouth sounds so much like this.

I know, RR0004! I am looking forward to hearing what JB's response is to the State wanting to go ahead with the check charges.

IMO...nah...they're just trying to make things a little bit more uncomfortable for Casey and the defense...as well they should. They have a plan...and I bet it's one heck of a plan at that!

Yup! That's what I think too, they want to make her squeem and squirm. The state knows the defense is waiting and holding their breath, and trying to figure out what to do, this just throws another wrench into it all and squeeeeeezing her a little more. Maybe they think if they squeeze a little tighter, she'll confess!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue
Back