State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking of when JA was caught on the interrogation video and she was crying (for herself) and saying "you chickened out you little b****" . Have we learned anything else out about that, was any consensus reached as to what she may have been talking about?

I mean, what did she "chicken out" of? It was obviously something that, at least in her mind, had to do with evidence. Did she hear someone or something and leave before she finished , did she realize she had misplaced the camera and is wishing she had stayed and looked for it? Just wondering what you guys think.

Maybe cutting him into pieces so he would disappear forever.

I think the fact that her car was relatively clean, considering, and there was virtually no blood beyond Travis' bedroom, it speaks to her extreme degree of premeditation.

She came prepared with a plan including a plan to clean herself off and dispose of her clothing undetected. She would have been COVERED in blood from that crime. Think about just the dragging his bloody body part :( She was in long dark pants and I think her Ninja description probably leaks her own "murder costume". Her hair , unless covered, was also likely covered in blood. She had to have cleaned up in that bathroom before exiting it.
I believe she came prepared with a bag to put everything in she planned on removing (no rope ever existed imo) and cleaned herself up in that shower, likely while Travis was in it (because she would have gotten bloody again moving him back in after cleaning off) which is one of the most disturbing ideas of her murderous rage. Rather her sociopathic evilness.

So I think she neatly packed up her bloody clothing with her weapons, was clean and showered in a new prepared outfit to walk out of that house in broad daylight and leave , maybe with a small amount of "blood on her hands" related to bloody items she had to interact with post clean up (of herself).

So I think those clothes are disposed somewhere between Travis' house and the Hoover dam. Just like she planned and carefully crafted. In her days and weeks of premeditation and planning.

All of which adds up to:

FIRST DEGREE MURDER

I forgot to talk about this in my last post...I completely hadn't thought about her hair before...you'r right it would have gotten bloody. But I'm of the opinion that she wore a hoodie to get out of the house and then used it to cover her head/face while getting out of town. So she could have for the time being covered it up.
I also remember she talked about the case of water from Costco...she could have had a coupld of cases along with a few gallons in the back seat of the car...she probably got the "case" as she said for the specific purpose of cleaning up. So maybe she had soap and shampoo ready...she stopped in the desert when it got dark and cleaned herself off with the gallons/cases of water, even washed her hair there. She could have essentially cleaned herself off that way. Also if she was wearing pants/long-sleeves during the murder than blood wouldn't have gotten on the middle part of her body.

I have the autopsy report open right now. The ME describes the size of the stab wounds on the torso as being 0.75 to 1.5 inches. The deepest cut was to the vena cava, which was approximately 3.5 inches deep. He also uses the language "all wounds display blunt and sharply incised ends." Anyone know what he means by that?

The knife had a single edge, as opposed to a double edged blade. The sharply incised edge was the cutting edge of the knife, while the blunt end was the non-cutting edge of the knife.

For more info on the forensics of knife wounds: http://www.forensicmed.co.uk/wounds/sharp-force-trauma/stab-wounds/

This article indicates that it is difficult to determine from flesh wounds whether the blade was serrated or not: "Pathologists and forensic physicians are often asked whether a knife was serrated or not. Serration markings can sometimes be made out where a knife has been drawn over the skin surface, for example at the termination of the wound. In practice this finding is not at all a constant feature of wounds made by serrated knives – they are usually indistinguishable from wounds caused by other single-edged knives."

Mods:

New error message du jour:

Server_zps33bee261.jpg

Good day good people! I can't keep this trial off my mind. All night I thought about Justice for Travis. This trial haunts me 24-7. JUSTICE COMETH!

It seems that yesterday they said that one of the roommates arrived about a hour or 1/2 hour or so after Jodi murdered Travis. Don't know if she knew that his arrival was imminent, but that would have made it quite the hurry-hurry operation. But I'm not sure of when she would have had time to put stuff in the laundry (which the pictures show as still having blood on them - did they even go through the cycle?) in that short of a time frame.

We don't know that she left before the roommate came home. She could have hunkered there in the room, waited for roommate to leave, then left. Her clothes, hands, socks, feet had to have been a mess, so she needed to clean up. There was a vacant lot across the street, down a couple of houses, where she could have parked and likely did, thus no car in the driveway. Thus she was also able to sneak into the house, remember dog didn't bark until she had creeped into the room, so she did not even knock. She let herself in. I hope JM points that out in rebuttal. She testified to that, that TA was on his computer when she arrived. Remember too, no one saw her car in the driveway and she did say that was where she parked the U-Haul in early April. She is the only one saying she parked in the driveway, she's also the one that said she returned the gas can, etc.

We also don't know is if the doggie gate was up when he got home June 4. If not, that would prove JA still had not left. But the likelihood of that being remembered now, prolly not so much.

Does anyone know about Nurmi filing something with the court today?

Was this about Rule 20? That was of course :denied:

If it's another mistrial motion....on what grounds, JM obliterating their case? Preemptive strike for stopping the evisceration of the upcoming hired gun? I hope the judge says no before it gets rolling. These frivolous motions are tiresome, especially at this late date.

I think the fact that her car was relatively clean, considering, and there was virtually no blood beyond Travis' bedroom, it speaks to her extreme degree of premeditation.

She came prepared with a plan including a plan to clean herself off and dispose of her clothing undetected. She would have been COVERED in blood from that crime. Think about just the dragging his bloody body part :( She was in long dark pants and I think her Ninja description probably leaks her own "murder costume". Her hair , unless covered, was also likely covered in blood. She had to have cleaned up in that bathroom before exiting it.

I believe she came prepared with a bag to put everything in she planned on removing (no rope ever existed imo) and cleaned herself up in that shower, likely while Travis was in it (because she would have gotten bloody again moving him back in after cleaning off) which is one of the most disturbing ideas of her murderous rage. Rather her sociopathic evilness.

So I think she neatly packed up her bloody clothing with her weapons, was clean and showered in a new prepared outfit to walk out of that house in broad daylight and leave , maybe with a small amount of "blood on her hands" related to bloody items she had to interact with post clean up (of herself).

So I think those clothes are disposed somewhere between Travis' house and the Hoover dam. Just like she planned and carefully crafted. In her days and weeks of premeditation and planning.

All of which adds up to:

FIRST DEGREE MURDER
Exactly!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!

This shows premeditation and also points to the fact that she did not suffer from her so called "fognesia". The car would have been covered in blood, including the floorboard and floor mats. I am assuming the type of car she rented had cloth seats instead of leather (however, even leather is porous). Blood would have seeped down into them and she would not have been able to clean it all up leaving no traces. No fognesia. She changed into clean clothing, put the bloody clothing in a plastic bag and carefully made sure they did not come in contact with the car interior, and later disposed of them somewhere.

So, why didn't JA just stick with the intruder story?

Because Flores was not buying that load of BS. I truly believe she thought, through her flirting and playing that naive "I do not know why I am being blamed" role, she could convince him that she was telling the truth. Flores was not sucked into her vortex of lies and manipulation. Did anyone catch the venomous look she gave him when he was on witness stand the other day?

Been trying to post but keep getting error message that server is too busy

... O/T...juror #8. DWI makes total sense. If he was getting kicked off court would have been a mess yesterday.

Seems to me any juror who actually wanted out at this point would more likely support Jodi and NOT want to have to argue FOR her in deliberations. If any jurors believe she's guilty seems they would be really looking forward to this job! Just mho...

If that guy (J#8) was caught drinking just before the trial wraps up, I imagine he'll be going on a bender NOW! What a waste of his time the past 1/3 of a year has been!

:truce:

Since we have a long break and we're nearing the end of the trial, I'm going to go watch some videos of testimony from earlier in the trial. Anyone have any suggestions of particularly interesting or exciting trial days?

We don't know that she left before the roommate came home. She could have hunkered there in the room, waited for roommate to leave, then left. Her clothes, hands, socks, feet had to have been a mess, so she needed to clean up. There was a vacant lot across the street, down a couple of houses, where she could have parked and likely did, thus no car in the driveway. Thus she was also able to sneak into the house, remember dog didn't bark until she had creeped into the room, so she did not even knock. She let herself in. I hope JM points that out in rebuttal. She testified to that, that TA was on his computer when she arrived. Remember too, no one saw her car in the driveway and she did say that was where she parked the U-Haul in early April. She is the only one saying she parked in the driveway, she's also the one that said she returned the gas can, etc.

We also don't know is if the doggie gate was up when he got home June 4. If not, that would prove JA still had not left. But the likelihood of that being remembered now, prolly not so much.

She was on the road by approximately 6:30 according to the timeline to get her to SLC by morning.

Exactly!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!

This shows premeditation and also points to the fact that she did not suffer from her so called "fognesia". The car would have been covered in blood, including the floorboard and floor mats. I am assuming the type of car she rented had cloth seats instead of leather (however, even leather is porous). Blood would have seeped down into them and she would not have been able to clean it all up leaving no traces. No fognesia. She changed into clean clothing, put the bloody clothing in a plastic bag and carefully made sure they did not come in contact with the car interior, and later disposed of them somewhere.

I would think that she would cover the car seats with garbage bags, and destroyed the floor mats just to be sure that no blood evidence or carpet fibres were left behind.

Since we have a long break and we're nearing the end of the trial, I'm going to go watch some videos of testimony from earlier in the trial. Anyone have any suggestions of particularly interesting or exciting trial days?

I want to rewatch the day that Jodi mentions the size of her cell, comparing it to the size of Travis's closet. "Did I ask where you live?"

I'm going to go back and watch some of the earliest testimony and the ME's testimony. Some of the stuff from the very beginning has already floated out of my brain since this has been dragging on for so long. I can barely remember any of Mimi's testimony or Dan Freeman's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234