State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the trial verdict is nearing I know many of Travis' dear friends are coming to stand with the family. I am so glad of it. I loved, loved, loved when Chris Hughes was asked by Nurmi, if he were called by the defense to testify for Jodi would he be happy about it. No ....he answered quickly.
Nurmi "Why not?"
Chris Hughes "Because she killed MY FRIEND, IN COLD BLOOD!" I wish the jury could have heard that.

Jodi Arias Trial day 10 (3 of 3) - YouTube

I wish there were alot more things the jury could have heard like EVERYTHING!

I loved how Chris handled Nurme when he was on the stand. Nurmi asked Chris if he told Gus that Nurmi was a snake. Chris said no. Then said he called him something along those lines. Putting Chris on the stand( spite work) back fired.

They roommates did not see her.

The roommates also did not see an unidentified car in the driveway or on the street. I was thinking it possible Jodi left Travis' then returned. Travis did not know she was there immediately before the murder happened.

ETA... Because of the timeline of visiting SLC, she had to leave soon after the murder.

Nuri put Chris on the stand for spite. It was personal. Nurni did not want the jury to hear Chrises testimony. Nurmi was no match for Chris and he knew it. He told Nurmi the letter is a fake and we both know it. I cannot wait for the verdict to come in. The only problem is, how will we know when the jury is headed back to the courtroom? I want to see it live.

After following the CA trial, start to finish and beyond, I am pouring through everything pertaining to this case. I need to see if there is anything I may have missed and get that all clear in my mind. I don't think that's possible though.

I'm not in the camp that TA was a saint but he was a brutally and horrifically murdered human being. He was not an abuser, rather he was a man taking advantage of what was given to him from a woman who was playing him to achieve her goal (marriage). I surely believe that he was murdered with premeditation by a pathological lying, twisted woman. She is being defended by a lying and twisting defense team (much like CA had). I have seen so many injustices, including my own life, that I've lost most of my faith in our Justice system. It sure seems broken to me.

I worry that although we are wrapping up next week, it's far from over for the jury unless they come in with the lesser charge. If the jury comes in with Murder 1 premeditation, that would mean more jury time. I hope beyond hope that they don't go with the lesser charge just to end this (not intentionally, but subconsciously). They have all vested so much of their lives into this and I want to believe that they won't bail in the end. I just don't know.

It's hard to put myself in their seat as I have seen and know much more than the jury does. It's easy to connect the dots on this end but for them, one dot may not connect to the other (missing information).

I originally posted this in different thread. I meant to post this here but I've been bouncing all over the place. I'm getting dizzy.

When did TA find out the the engagement ring was stolen? Was the ring ever recovered?

When did TA find out the the engagement ring was stolen? Was the ring ever recovered?

I would like to know as well. I wondered if JA was wearing the ring around town telling people they were engaged. Who knows, I don't put anything past her. From selling it for cash to wearing it for show...

K

I wish there were alot more things the jury could have heard like EVERYTHING!

I wonder if someone sent the editor of a local newspaper a submission for printing the day of the verdict the top things the jury never heard if they would print it?

;)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

47 minute mark Jodi asked Daryl for gas cans, in MAY, for a trip she was to take to MESA!! Love it!!! Premeditation

He goes on to say that Jodi took photos of him he did not know she was taking, of him sleeping AND IN THE SHOWER. Also, he had dinner with Jonathan Leach, producer for 48 hours, he told someone that interviewed him for the defense team that Jodi wanted publicity from this case, as she wanted the money. Juan sure can take a defense witness and turn them into a prosecution witness in two seconds flat.

Even on redirect at 1:16 he again says she was going to "Arizona" among other places, then Nurmi tries to get him to back off of that, he repeats "Arizona" again.

Jodi Arias Trial day 10 (2 of 3) - YouTube

WOW just the little bit I have watched of this, DB was more or less a hostile witness for the State - he gave up nothing easily.

I was just watching some youtube on Jodi, and it triggered something. It has been really bothering me the amounts of money she deposited after Darryl Brewers house. Now I know they were friends. But is it possible he sort of paid her for sexual favours? It is not clear where she stayed in Monterey, and my guess Is Darryls house, definitely. He seemed extremely unnaturally nervous on the stand. Maybe he perjured himself on the stand to protect himself but not to the point he was protecting Jodi. Or the defence and prosecution stayed away from this line of questioning because they didn't want the focus to be on their relationship. Is it possible she was kind of prostituting herself with some men and that is how she could avoid working and afford to travel? I don't mean to be crass but her booty been worked and I just started putting two and two together. Perhaps that was a bit of her own dirty little secret. Maybe that was what Travis discovered about her? Maybe she put it to him that they could still **** and he could just pay her and that made him incensed enough to write that email?:twocents:

Agreed. The cost of travelling around like JA did constantly isn't cheap. Working minimum wage at restaurants couldn't have covered those costs either. IMO she was profiting off what she thinks is her best asset.

I can't imagine a grown man paying his x hundreds of dollars for one night of sex a year and a half after she left him for another man, to go see that very same man...

Keep in mind that she had tapes, video and pics of her and TA that I believe she used to blackmail him (and I don't think he is the only man she blackmailed either).

I think this jury is smart. They will put it together. Det. Flores asked her what she was thinking when she left Travis' home. She said she ws afraid. No fog. This buiness about the fog is not an issue for me. An excuse not to testify to facts. She was not in a fog when she left her home after planning his murder. The only fog she encountered was passing through San Fransisco. I wonder what Travis had on her. He said she had 24 hours to come clean about something he found out otherwise he would tell everyone including her parents.

ITA. No fog whatsoever. She had the wherewithal to lock TA's bedroom door after she slaughtered him and before that delete only evidence photos from his camera, leaving 90 other pics. I don't know how RS and ALV can hold there heads up after their testimony it was so obviously biased and unbelievable!

WOW just the little bit I have watched of this, DB was more or less a hostile witness for the State - he gave up nothing easily.

He squeaks out a meek "yes" in answer to one of JM's questions. Like he was terrified to answer truthfully, in fear of JA.

JA's lies do have truth wound in them. IMO she experienced X with A, then lied about it twisting it to having experienced X with B. IMO a lot of the things she wrongly accused TA with were things she experienced with DB, which would explain his fear of testifying truthfully.

It's only recently that I started hearing about this stolen engagement ring. Did Travis tell someone about this and who? Did Travis say that he thought that it was Jodi who took it? I would also like to know if it was ever recovered and where.

Very few of us will ever serve on a DP jury.....it is easier for us to say give her the DP than it is for the jury who really has life or death in their hands. After reading this article from the jurors in the Wendi Andriano case, I pray there are some really STRONG jurors in this case that can lay it out like the WA jurors did for one another! JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!:praying:

http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

After following the CA trial, start to finish and beyond, I am pouring through everything pertaining to this case. I need to see if there is anything I may have missed and get that all clear in my mind. I don't think that's possible though.

I'm not in the camp that TA was a saint but he was a brutally and horrifically murdered human being. He was not an abuser, rather he was a man taking advantage of what was given to him from a woman who was playing him to achieve her goal (marriage). I surely believe that he was murdered with premeditation by a pathological lying, twisted woman. She is being defended by a lying and twisting defense team (much like CA had). I have seen so many injustices, including my own life, that I've lost most of my faith in our Justice system. It sure seems broken to me.

I worry that although we are wrapping up next week, it's far from over for the jury unless they come in with the lesser charge. If the jury comes in with Murder 1 premeditation, that would mean more jury time. I hope beyond hope that they don't go with the lesser charge just to end this (not intentionally, but subconsciously). They have all vested so much of their lives into this and I want to believe that they won't bail in the end. I just don't know.

It's hard to put myself in their seat as I have seen and know much more than the jury does. It's easy to connect the dots on this end but for them, one dot may not connect to the other (missing information).

I originally posted this in different thread. I meant to post this here but I've been bouncing all over the place. I'm getting dizzy.

I believe that even if they turned the page immediately after seeing it, or the station, immediately after hearing the blurb...no way does this jury not know the bombshell that this defense has cost the taxpayers there nearly two million dollars! Moreover, and way more importantly, they have seen Travis' siblings there suffering so much for five months, knowing this is five months of their FIVE YEARS waiting for justice. Travis could be their son, their brother, their friend....I am sure they have thought of this from time to time looking over at the family. I do think no one is stopping at third base, not after those gruesome photos. Can you imagine the message it would send to future scorned lovers to let her off in the slightest way? No friend, I am not worried, they are going to cross the finish line in the name of being an American and everything decent. Not after seeing twenty nine stab wounds, a gun shot to the head and the head nearly cut off this young man. They will live with this for the rest of their lives and they will NEED to be proud of their actions. No one is going home early.

Not after things like this at the 1:30 mark Jodi Arias Trial Day 11 (Full) - YouTube
And you can mark my words on that.
Hugs to everyone praying for the family...and for the jury!!!

Nothing offensive about that person's opinion. If she's going to be put to death, it makes sense if you look at it without emotion.
Offense was taken due to a fundamentsl lack of understanding of the organ procurement process. First, it does not occur--in any population-- without donor or family consent. (Often, even a person known as a donor--whether specified on state registry or in advance directive--will be left intact if family objects at the time of death; great care is taken not to harm anyone in the process, and that includes grieving family.) Secondly, harvest does not occur prior to death. Lethal injection does not preclude organ donation, and the timing if a scheduled death makes it possible to assemble procurement personnel so that reperfusion (initiation of life support measures to continue circulation to the organs) may be unnecessary. (Those who are donors know that, after death is declared, efforts to preseve the integrity of their organs may be made. But if you know exactly when an individual is going to die, teams can be resent; perfusion does not need to be established in order to keep organs viable for many, many hours as teams fly in from around the country.)

The onky real ethical concern arises if the state in ANY way coerces inmates to become donors. Practices in China--where such coercion exists on an appalling level-- has caused it to be impossible for even the inmates who wish to donate to do so.

There is a large group of inmates who feel their rights are violated because, in most places, they cannot CHOOSE to be organ donors, as they would if non-incarcerated. if they meet medical criteria and voluntarily choose to be organ donors, is it not inhumane to deny them (and their families) his measure of dignity and worth? Should their families be deprived of the comfort organ donation often offers, when a loved one is lost? Is there a particular reason a healthy inmate competent to make the decision should be denied this final wish?

I don't think so.

I thought it was beautiful.

On the 5th I plan on releasing a 24 balloons from India Point Park in Providence. 12 Dark Blue balloons for Justice for Travis, and then 12 light blue balloons for Sunil Tripathi whose body was found in the water off India Point Park this past week.

I can't fast, but I can do my own way of sending good into the world.

:blue:

No disrespect intended whatsoever, But Travis was a big supporter of the environment and letting balloons loose into the air is BAD for the environment. Wildlife swallow the broken balloons and it kills animals, birds, etc. Also, the plastic balloons do not break down in the soil after the bust and fall to the ground. They pollute the groundwaters, the earth etc. Just saying, one can do whatever they want, but just thought planting a tree might be a little more environmentally friendly. http://www.longwood.edu/cleanva/balloons.htm

Very few of us will ever serve on a DP jury.....it is easier for us to say give her the DP than it is for the jury who really has life or death in their hands. After reading this article from the jurors in the Wendi Andriano case, I pray there are some really STRONG jurors in this case that can lay it out like the WA jurors did for one another! JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!:praying:

http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

Very interesting articles. After Jodi is find guilty, JM will have to prove it was especially cruel. (The prosecution in the Andriano case took a week) Then the jury goes to deliberate. Then they hear from the defense why Jodi should be spared.

Sigh. It's gonna be a hard decision, I imagine.

No disrespect intended whatsoever, But Travis was a big supporter of the environment and letting balloons loose into the air is BAD for the environment. Wildlife swallow the broken balloons and it kills animals, birds, etc. Also, the plastic balloons do not break down in the soil after the bust and fall to the ground. They pollute the groundwaters, the earth etc. Just saying, one can do whatever they want, but just thought planting a tree might be a little more environmentally friendly. http://www.longwood.edu/cleanva/balloons.htm

WOW I'd never thought of balloons being so dangerous to wildlife and the environment before, thanks for posting that information!!! :doh:

It's fantastic to read what posters say on this forum, we learn so much that we otherwise wouldn't think about. :seeya:

Is anyone signed up to be notified when the jury has come to a decision? I'm so scared that I will miss it.

I've seen a way to get tweets about the decision, but I do not have a twitter account and have no plans to get one just for this.

Is there a text notification out there?

Thank you! This is exactly why I believe the blood on the carpet was from the chest wound and not the throat wound. The forceful pulsating of the blood leaving the carotid/jugular would have produced serious blood splatter on both walls of the hallway, not just one and all over Jodi and Travis, hence I think she cut his throat in the shower.

I'm not a Doctor nor do I have any knowledge whatsoever about these things, but after all of the stab wounds, he had already lost alot of blood. There may not have been enough blood left to produce the blood splatter you are thinking of. I think his throat was cut before she dragged him back to shower. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper