State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, the original post was about voluntary donation. It was a very mild, "Too bad Jodi Arias can't donate her organs so that something good could come of this." And for that, there SHOULD be support. There is NOTHING disturbing about looking for ways to derive meaning from death while saving others' lives.

The response is where the "sadistic punishment...anathema to civilization" came in after, it seems, the original message was misinterpreted. As did the "cell memory" argument.

I wish it WERE a moot point. The fact of the matter is that there needs to be REFORM in this arena. Many inmates strongly want to retain the right to donate their organs upon their death, and they are denied it. I believe this is wrong---as do many in the organ procurement world. If an inmate is healthy (and inmates can be screened for the diseases that preclude donation, just as those who are not in prison are screened) and freely consent, they should be able to donate. Lethal injection does not rule out organ donation, incidentally; the drugs used to not cause end-organ damage.

So, a mild comment was twisted, and some of us tried to nudge the conversation back on track---only to be told we're perverse and sadistic and uncivilized.

And misinformation about organ donation has been perpetuated. Which is frustrating for those of us in health care and/or who have loved ones who've given or received organs.

Just to narrow the focus of this conversation a little bit, are we all talking donors who:
a) Prisoners put to death via state enforced death penalty;
b) Prisoners who die in prison from natural causes, homicide or accident who were not on death row;
c) Both of the above.

That is another laughable piece of her story. Travis was pi$$ed because she shot him. I can almost imagine her BFFs including ALV deeming that to be abusive behaviour on the part of Travis!

And the part about how Travis threatened her life AFTER she shot him and he falls down. Why didn't she just go ahead and say that he threatened her life even after his heart stopped beating.

Laughable, ridiculous story.

I have always thought this paraphrased quote was weird/crazy/off:

"He said even a 5 yr old could hold a camera better than me."

She said it as if it was the worst of ALL POSSIBLE insults/slurs he could possibly have thrown at her. Like it totally demoralized her. imo, it was such a minor little irritated comment. Even though we have to assume he never said it of course.

I've heard stories about "cellular memory" transfering behavior characteristics. It could happen I suppose. People living but 100 years ago would have laughed at the idea of gene splicing and genetic engineering. :moo:

Sounds extremely superstitious and silly to me. There would be a lot of variables to eliminate before a sound conclusion could be made that an organ would affect someone with the supernatural, magical concept of "evil".

Respectfully, the original post was about voluntary donation. It was a very mild, "Too bad Jodi Arias can't donate her organs so that something good could come of this." And for that, there SHOULD be support. There is NOTHING disturbing about looking for ways to derive meaning from death while saving others' lives.

The response is where the "sadistic punishment...anathema to civilization" came in after, it seems, the original message was misinterpreted. As did the "cell memory" argument.

I wish it WERE a moot point. The fact of the matter is that there needs to be REFORM in this arena. Many inmates strongly want to retain the right to donate their organs upon their death, and they are denied it. I believe this is wrong---as do many in the organ procurement world. If an inmate is healthy (and inmates can be screened for the diseases that preclude donation, just as those who are not in prison are screened) and freely consent, they should be able to donate. Lethal injection does not rule out organ donation, incidentally; the drugs used to not cause end-organ damage.

So, a mild comment was twisted, and some of us tried to nudge the conversation back on track---only to be told we're perverse and sadistic and uncivilized.

And misinformation about organ donation has been perpetuated. Which is frustrating for those of us in health care and/or who have loved ones who've given or received organs.

No, BetsyB, the original post was NOT about voluntary donation, nor was it mild (not sure who you're quoting there, in the part I've bolded).

There was no twisting, no misinterpretation--not on my part, anyway.

Jodi Arias on the stand for 18 days, mostly talking about her sexual
activities..... Alyce laViolette on the stand for a week+ talking about
domestic violence, most of which was anecdotal and not in any way related to the killer.... Is overkill by any one's standards... It's been ridiculous IMO.
:twocents:
I agree and now we will have to sit through another. Except this person can be viewed a little before he even takes the stand. He apparently started a school which has negative feedback going back years. Not just negative feedback but stories of hardships, money lost and what to them was a scam. I mean I really feel bad for all of those people. So, I already do not trust this person, I do not like this person. It seems to ME (MOO) that it's just another idiot who will do or say anything to get on TV with $$ as a factor not caring at all that a man was brutally murdered and a family is hurting.
I don't understand why the defense doesn't just do a little work, find someone fresh, outside of this AVL loop who is not so amazingly terrible. There is no reason why they can't, there is nothing stopping them. It just seems like laziness to me. :twocents:

I base my feelings about the defense experts by their actions just like I am already basing my feelings by the actions or lack their of, of this new expert. Maybe he will show up and change my mind. I hope so becuase I can't stand to see one more person trash Travis, hurt this family and stall this trial for nothing but a few bucks.
:stormingmad:

I think there will be text messages etc. You have to sign up once the jury is given the case. I am a little paranoid in this regard. I will be on my computer throughout the days so I don't miss it. It would be a crying shame to miss the verdict being read out live. I suggest that everyone have their phones/computers etc. close by. Don't listen to the TH's who say 'Oh the jury won't come back with a verdict today.' The verdict has come at an unexpected time in almost every case I've followed...

I will probably check here frequently for updates, but I'm sure that HLN will have their traditional verdict watch clock in a bottom corner of the screen. I hope that CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, etc. will carry the verdict reading live, also, as I don't want to listen to HLN's talking heads with their inane commentary and predictions.

I plan to have a bottle of bubbly chilling in the fridge and will pop the cork - not cork the pot :blushing: - as soon as the guilty verdict is read. That will call for a celebration that we'll all share from wherever we are :cheers: :juanettes:

BBM This is what I believe. The roomies who found Travis went down the hallway and discovered Travis in the shower, and then walked back down the hallway again to exit the room. No telling how many footprints they left themselves.

I believe the roommate said he went through the closet because of all the blood.

Jodi Arias on the stand for 18 days, mostly talking about her sexual
activities..... Alyce laViolette on the stand for a week+ talking about
domestic violence, most of which was anecdotal and not in any way related to the killer.... Is overkill by any one's standards... It's been ridiculous IMO.

And they were implying things which there was no evidence to support. Utterly disgusting. In the US, fair trial = you're allowed to say/do anything, come up with any lie or nonsense story to save yourself. That is considered "fair" and fairness does not apply to the prosecution or "people's" side, who end up suffering murderers and rapists in their midst due to the misuse of the term "fair" trial.

I still say the only reason she came was to find out what happened to (a) her DVD player and (b) her husband's .25 caliber.

(In reply, Jodi just gave her a map to DB's house and the Arizona desert, in that order.)

Grandma sure looked like she did not want to be there! I think she was "brought in" to affect the jury as in "see how pitiful and sweet Jodi's grandma is? So how can you vote to put her to death?".....another ploy by the DT probably. But I do feel sympathy for the grandma, she was another person used by Jodi.

No, BetsyB, the original post was NOT about voluntary donation, nor was it mild (not sure who you're quoting there, in the part I've bolded).

There was no twisting, no misinterpretation--not on my part, anyway.

the OP quoted my post yesterday with the original comment and it was what betsyb made of it. there was nothing sadistic etc about it.

I agree and now we will have to sit through another. Except this person can be viewed a little before he even takes the stand. He apparently started a school which has negative feedback going back years. Not just negative feedback but stories of hardships, money lost and what to them was a scam. I mean I really feel bad for all of those people. So, I already do not trust this person, I do not like this person. It seems to ME (MOO) that it's just another idiot who will do or say anything to get on TV with $$ as a factor not caring at all that a man was brutally murdered and a family is hurting.
I don't understand why the defense doesn't just do a little work, find someone fresh, outside of this AVL loop who is not so amazingly terrible. There is no reason why they can't, there is nothing stopping them. It just seems like laziness to me. :twocents:

I base my feelings about the defense experts by their actions just like I am already basing my feelings by the actions or lack their of, of this new expert. Maybe he will show up and change my mind. I hope so becuase I can't stand to see one more person trash Travis, hurt this family and stall this trial for nothing but a few bucks.
:stormingmad:
It is for sure that this is the friend of ALV that is going to testify?

Thank you. I agree. I wonder how many prisoners die each year who would be suitable candidates for donation? That would be an interesting study.

If they died in prison, they could donate their body to the local Medical school/University for dissection or research purposes. That would be laudable. If they died in a hospital and not in the prison itself it might even be possible to be an organ donor.. the logistics of harvesting organs is not
possible in a prison sick bay.

A person who is an organ donor usually has to be given drugs to maintain blood pressure and heart function, so that circulation to all the organs continues.
The person is legally dead at that point (no brain activity discernible) but
the heart is still beating.

You cannot carry out the death penalty by administering lethal injections and then remove organs after the heart has stopped beating...

There's lots of smart people out there, I'm sure they could figure out a way to kill the person and harvest their organs effectively.

Grandma sure looked like she did not want to be there! I think she was "brought in" to affect the jury as in "see how pitiful and sweet Jodi's grandma is? So how can you vote to put her to death?".....another ploy by the DT probably. But I do feel sympathy for the grandma, she was another person used by Jodi.

She was clearly used; however, adults choose whom they allow to use them. I have no idea what Grandma's mental state is/was.

It's clear that JA knew by age 16 that she wouldn't be allowed to ply her drug and/or other illegal trades, and stay out until all hours.

Living with her parents meant rules, authority figures, and someone who wasn't Jodi having the control and power.

Living with Grandma?

Not so much...

I will probably check here frequently for updates, but I'm sure that HLN will have their traditional verdict watch clock in a bottom corner of the screen. I hope that CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, etc. will carry the verdict reading live, also, as I don't want to listen to HLN's talking heads with their inane commentary and predictions.

I plan to have a bottle of bubbly chilling in the fridge and will pop the cork - not cork the pot :blushing: - as soon as the guilty verdict is read. That will call for a celebration that we'll all share from wherever we are :cheers: :juanettes:

Is anyone getting really anxious as THE day is approaching? I'm overwhelmed by so many different emotions...Anger, sadness, anxiety etc. I really hope Travis' family is having extra support and rest during these last days. I'm glad all you guys are here. None of us wants to be alone on verdict day...

It's hard to say who's footprints they are, but apparently not important because it was never brought up by either side.

I believe the roommate said he went through the closet because of all the blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member