State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to next week but I will not be able to watch Nurmi/JW do their closing, just don't want to hear the same string of trash talk for the umpteeth time. I am going to watch Juan do his closing, then ... Providing a guilty verdict, I will be able to watch Nurmi/JW closing at a later date.

Same...I mean even their demeanors are hard to take, let alone the vile BS they're spewing!

I'll have to see if I can find the link. The DT filed a motion to preclude lack of remorse from being considered. What amazed me was that the motion actually stated that JA does not ever intend to convey remorse, even if convicted. She will never admit guilt, even if found guilty, and will never show remorse. That says it all.

She has admitted to being the one who killed him, but has no intention of ever showing remorse to tbe point her DT files a motion about it? How did I miss tbis tidbit of info? Wow, just wow!

I'll have to see if I can find the link. The DT filed a motion to preclude lack of remorse from being considered. What amazed me was that the motion actually stated that JA does not ever intend to convey remorse, even if convicted. She will never admit guilt, even if found guilty, and will never show remorse. That says it all.

Wow!! I was unaware of that. "That says it all" is an understatement. But, I don't think precluding a lack of remorse will matter, I think, imo, that it's pretty clear from the defense "defense" that there is no remorse. If anything, not arguing it will let it speak for itself, there is no remorse. So, BackFire!

This is just....I have no words...well words that can be voiced here ;)

I believe that even if Juan had agreed to a plea bargain of 2nd degree, she still wouldn't have told the truth, or appear remorseful!!!!

There may be a difference though. Shes a cold hearted killer. Nothing can make her care. For example, she lied about the intruders. But that was not enough. She enjoyed telling that story to 48 hours and Inside Edition. She embelishes everything.

Oh, man, the unmitigated DELIGHT on JA's face when she was putting on make-up and being interviewed was a freak-out! You'd think she would at least look worried, since she took pictures of the crime, and it was obvious that she did it, and it certainly wasn't in self-defense.

But being the center of attention makes Little Missy SO very happy. She doesn't care what the reason is, as long as people are paying attention to her. I pray to God that her mind will be healed from such a deep sickness.

This is a good read about what the jurors of Wendy Andriano went through in making their decisions http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

Very interesting, especially this:

"Including the jury in the Ahwatukee case, the trial of Wendi Andriano, Valley juries have voted the death penalty for 14 of 18 defendants since Aug. 1, 2002. That 78 percent rate contrasts sharply with the sentences of Maricopa County Superior Court judges, who imposed death in 15 percent of cases from 1995 to 1999 [before the law was changed], according to 2002 report by the state Capital Case Commission"

I have a question about the gas cans. Both in Cal. and in Utah, she made 3 separate gas purchases at the same time--one for the car, one for two of the gas cans, and one for the third can. But why not do all 3 of the cans from the same purchase? Why did she split it up like that?

Thanks in advance

Because she has a high IQ!!

Only part of the story, IMO.

We're told that the jury cannot deliberate on weekends due to having no after-hours security for the Jury Room.

If true, how would there be enough security for the entire courtroom, chambers, gallery, Jury Room, lobby, etc. after hours on a Wednesday?

Part of this story is missing.

So is there or is there not after-hours security available?

If so, why doesn't JSKS allow the jury to deliberate over the weekend, immediately following closing arguments on Thu/Fri?

From what I understand, when JSS says they will work late, she is only meaning five thirty or so. I am sure she got approval for a minimum amount of OT for security staff, etc. They surely aren't going to be in that courtroom well into the evening. She even mentioned the time, I thought it was five thirty. I immediately wondered how Nurmi is going to pitch a fit about JA missing her soy stew....

Ashley Reed - who may very well have been a true victim of domestic violence. I am not suggesting that her ex-husband murdered her. However, I do think that it is possible that her ex-husband was abusive towards her. Ashley Reed passed away on March 3, 2010.

I could be mistaken - however, reading webleuthers posts about Arias murdering Travis Alexander - I think that Ashley Reed was the person that anonymously called police investigating Travis Alexander murder to give a "tip." This Ashley Reed (I believe) passed away on March 3, 2010.

Websleuthers please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

Didn't she commit suicide.....

I wonder if ALV will show to court on Weds. when her Dr. Colleague testifies. On the one hand, I would think that she would be smart enough to maintain a low profile, but on the other hand she might show up with the hopes that the Dr. reinforces and redeems her testimony and wants her presence noted to the jury to reinforce(or make the connection) that perhaps she knew what she was talking about. I think it is 50/50 that she may be there.

From what I understand, when JSS says they will work late, she is only meaning five thirty or so. I am sure she got approval for a minimum amount of OT for security staff, etc. They surely aren't going to be in that courtroom well into the evening. She even mentioned the time, I thought it was five thirty. I immediately wondered how Nurmi is going to pitch a fit about JA missing her soy stew....

She didn't mention a time. She said they'd go into the evening until they were finished which could be well after 5:00.

Only part of the story, IMO.

We're told that the jury cannot deliberate on weekends due to having no after-hours security for the Jury Room.

If true, how would there be enough security for the entire courtroom, chambers, gallery, Jury Room, lobby, etc. after hours on a Wednesday?

Part of this story is missing.

So is there or is there not after-hours security available?

If so, why doesn't JSKS allow the jury to deliberate over the weekend, immediately following closing arguments on Thu/Fri?

could have easily arranged in advance for extra security for wednesday? but couldn't get any for the weekend

Does anyone know if the motion to allow the polygraph results to be considered by the jury was denied or approved, or shelved for later? It was filed by the DT for the sentencing phase.
I guess I better get over to the minute entries and motions on the Maricopa site....

I have a question about the gas cans. Both in Cal. and in Utah, she made 3 separate gas purchases at the same time--one for the car, one for two of the gas cans, and one for the third can. But why not do all 3 of the cans from the same purchase? Why did she split it up like that?

Thanks in advance

If the gas stations are the same as here, I think the transaction is closed when you let go of the handle to stop the stream of gasoline and change the gas can you're filling. But I don't know for sure.

Do you mean that the DT has filed a motion requesting that "lack of remorse" be removed from consideration as an aggravating factor in sentencing? Wow. I'd love to read it if you can find a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member