State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope so. Cause she is someone I believe would most DEFINITELY kill again, if put in the right circumstances. She's a danger to anyone who crosses her path. IMO

She was a danger to the public the minute she bought that 9mm.

Once Arias is convicted any "profits" she makes off her artwork or anything else will cease. That doesn't mean she can't gift items to her family though. But there are legal ways around this. Civil lawsuits can be filed. For an example of just how aggressive this can be, review the civil case and actions of Fred Goldman vs. OJ Simpson circa 1997. Goldman and his lawyers have been very aggressive on going after any/all possible assets they could.

Sorry. Here's the exact quote from JA, on tape 15.

05:48

JA: Okay. I’m just… If I had planned to hurt him in any way, I, you know, I am not the brightest person, but I… I don’t think I could stab him. I think I would have to shoot him continuously until he was dead, if that were my intention. Again, and I would bring up the gloves again, but I would have to wear gloves. I mean I am not too worried about prints, because they are all over anyway, but I would never stab him.

If, if, if I had it anywhere in me to kill him, the least I could have done was to make it as humane as possible, or quick, or something, you know, if any killing is humane, so to speak. I don’t mean it that way…I would just...like, he was still alive...

All those IFs remind me of OJ's book "If I DID IT"

Hi Guy's,

While we wait I have been looking at other forums and have 2 questions:

Where was the card for the camera found? In the camera or separate at the bottom of the washer?

Why are there time stamps on some of the pictures and not others?

Oh and the Tootsie Pop picture when was that taken?

If someone would be so kind as to clear that up for me, TIA

RUK

Camera testimony

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhYXVlvzsY"]Jodi Arias Trial : Day 6 : Shocking Photos (No Sidebars) - YouTube[/ame]

I'd lay out pix of Travis's crime scene and autopsy - the gunshot, the slashed throat. Then I'd point out every single wound he suffered, and ask this juror to point out the defendant's wounds.

I'd go step by step through every action she took prior to her Mesa trip to hide the fact she was in AZ. I'd show her new hair color from the phone she "lost", and what steps she took to "hide" her appearance.

I'd lay out her booking photo, and then play snippets from her 48 Hrs interview.

I'd point out EVERY one of her lies in court, and remind this juror she swore she was telling the truth NOW.

Finally, I'd show Travis, lying bloody, butchered and exposed for the world to see and use the defendant's own quote - "no jury will ever convict me"!

And I hope during closing, Juan literally acts out the stabbing one by one until he reaches 29 stabs. If he takes a plastic knife and stabs it at a crash dummy and literally counts out loud up to 29, it would have a dramatic impact on the jury.

29 stab wounds is an incredible number of stab wounds. Acting that out for the jury will be shocking to them.

JMO
This sur-rebuttal is concerning me for a few reasons.

First it probably should not have even been granted.

Secondly, I think the DT is going to try to use this witness to try to derail this trial. The DT has to know by now the trial is not going well based on jury questions. I think they are going to try to fillebuster and drag this witness on for days and days like they did with Jodi and ALV. I just dont see how this time limit is going to be enforced. The DT can just keep on asking question after question. I just have a bad feeling about this and I hope I am wrong.

Thirdly, The jury has to be confused about this. They know the DT already had their chance with witnesses. So they will be wondering what this is all about and how this happened. I hope the judge explains why the DT gets to bring on another witness after they already had their chance the first time. If she does not explain it well to the jury, they may think something is up with the PA case for it to be allowed.

I hope I am wrong and hope it goes quick and hope it does not hurt the states case.

Hatfield, you worry too much. Relax.

I had some leftover BBQ chicken in a tortilla with salsa and cheese and dark roast Community Coffee. :seeya:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are killing me!!!!! And Dark Roast black, no sugar straight up is my favorite!:rockon:

Wow, I always thought that this was a few months earlier, like in November or December of 2007. I thought that was what Lisa said in her testimony.

How did you find this link? The reason I'm asking is I wonder when/if more of her journal pages will be released to the general public.
Someone posted it on Facebook. :findinglink: I would think the journal entries will come out eventually.

I had always wondered if all of the tire slashing and weird emails was the reason Lisa broke up with Travis. I believe Lisa mentioned that she broke up with Travis mid to late Feb and then I saw that Feb 11th was the date that the "report" was made concerning one of tire slashing incidents. I believe she testified it was because she wasn't ready to get married but with all of that stuff going on I would probably :panic:

JMO
This sur-rebuttal is concerning me for a few reasons.

First it probably should not have even been granted.

Secondly, I think the DT is going to try to use this witness to try to derail this trial. The DT has to know by now the trial is not going well based on jury questions. I think they are going to try to fillebuster and drag this witness on for days and days like they did with Jodi and ALV. I just dont see how this time limit is going to be enforced. The DT can just keep on asking question after question. I just have a bad feeling about this and I hope I am wrong.

Thirdly, The jury has to be confused about this. They know the DT already had their chance with witnesses. So they will be wondering what this is all about and how this happened. I hope the judge explains why the DT gets to bring on another witness after they already had their chance the first time. If she does not explain it well to the jury, they may think something is up with the PA case for it to be allowed.

I hope I am wrong and hope it goes quick and hope it does not hurt the states case.

I am thinking the jury may be so irritated with the DT by now that they will be at a level where this specific testimony will be background noise... similar to elevator music. They have to be burnt out on the DT's marathon questioning, asking basically the same things over and over and over and over.

Is the George Zimmerman story on HLN right now??

At some point in Yreka, she lightened her hair- not dark brown, but in between blonde and brunette.

I think the car rental guy, is a a guy and just remembers the lightness of her hair, not necessarily platinum blonde.

She goes to the Salinas area walmart and many of us WS'ers believe she had her hair darkened there in a salon. Juan should be using this in his closing.

The point is her hair is dark brunette on Jun3rd, which can be, beyond a reasonable another way to conceal herself in AZ. Everyone remembers her as a blonde when she moved from Mesa-Yreka in April 08.

I'm also a bit confused by the timing and hair?!! I tried to go listen to her testimony but just couldn't listen to her again!! :scared:

I think her hair was really more brown with blonde highlights in Yreka, then she dyed it (really) blonde to rent the car (the guys testimony), then she dyed it to DARK brown before getting to TA's.

What color was her hair at DB's and at Matt's??? Did she only dye it BLONDE to rent the car???

:banghead::banghead:

LWOP would be the option that would allow the family to move on without ever having to deal with future hearings. A DP conviction brings with it years of appeals, higher $$$, lots of grief for the victim's family. It's certainly an appropriate sentence in many cases and I don't dispute that. I am for the DP myself. But it comes with a cost both real and emotional and the family may end up at various hearings along the way. Then there's all the protestors who try to get the person's sentenced commuted. The DP is the legal gift that keeps on giving because all DP sentences are appealed and that means yet more lawyers and more $$$.

Once Arias is convicted any "profits" she makes off her artwork or anything else will cease. That doesn't mean she can't gift items to her family though. But there are legal ways around this. Civil lawsuits can be filed. For an example of just how aggressive this can be, review the civil case and actions of Fred Goldman vs. OJ Simpson circa 1997. Goldman and his lawyers have been very aggressive on going after any/all possible assets they could.

There appears to be a two year statute of limitations for wrongful death actions in the State of Arizona (IANAAL). That's two years from the time the family discovered the death. If they haven't filed a suit by now, the wrongful death action may be time barred. I'd like an AZ attorney to weigh in on this one. It could well be that invoking a Son of Sam law is an entirely different action.

LWOP would be the option that would allow the family to move on without ever having to deal with future hearings. A DP conviction brings with it years of appeals, higher $$$, lots of grief for the victim's family. It's certainly an appropriate sentence in many cases and I don't dispute that. I am for the DP myself. But it comes with a cost both real and emotional and the family may end up at various hearings along the way. Then there's all the protestors who try to get the person's sentenced commuted. The DP is the legal gift that keeps on giving because all DP sentences are appealed and that means yet more lawyers and more $$$.

Yes true, but she deserves it. The DP that is.

I must say, kind of OFF Topic, but I have a lot of respect for judges, prosecutors, even defense attorneys, having to deal with murder cases. It must be draining and tremendously hard work day in and day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV