PA - Leon Katz, infant, murdered, and twin, injured by babysitter, Pittsburgh- June 24, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The last sentence in the article quotes her lawyer saying they plan to enter a guilty plea.
Back thread already discussed that it was a misprint. Best not to spread misprints.
I don't even know what to say.....
Her attorney already appeared in front of the Judge to confirm this is going to trial.

To clarify-- Virzi’s attorney David Shrager told The Post Saturday his client was innocent, and planned to plead not guilty.

I am still amazed at how little publicity here..from the beginning.
Perhaps the trial will change things.

I am also thinking about Kimberly Singler, who killed her children, escaped to London, and is sitting comfortably in jail on another country.
Im waiting for that trial too.

am also thinking about Kimberly Singler, who killed her children, escaped to London, and is sitting comfortably in jail on another country.
Im waiting for that trial too
Thanks for reminding me; I’d forgotten all about her case, and now am wondering what will come of it.

Wow! I live in Pittsburgh and had not heard one peep about this case! Granted I was away last week so may have missed the local news stories, but still.

I’m getting Lucy Letby vibes from her too, and envision her as the type to have hurt the babies purposefully to see their reactions with cold clinical detachment. I suspect the second baby was harmed because she was hurting him and perhaps he was screaming and wouldn’t stop so she just killed him.

How absolutely devastating for these parents. Not only do they have to deal with the tragic loss of their baby, but also the guilt and shame they will feel for trusting this woman. I wonder if she persuaded them to go out on the town so she could have some alone time with the babies. What was she doing in Pittsburgh anyway? Here just to visit her friend?

Her family presumably is very wealthy if her father is a prominent cardiologist. Her attorney, David Schrager, is one of the highest-profile attorneys in the Pittsburgh area and has a reputation for being a bulldog, so we should expect a very vigorous defense.

Wow! I live in Pittsburgh and had not heard one peep about this case! Granted I was away last week so may have missed the local news stories, but still.

I’m getting Lucy Letby vibes from her too, and envision her as the type to have hurt the babies purposefully to see their reactions with cold clinical detachment. I suspect the second baby was harmed because she was hurting him and perhaps he was screaming and wouldn’t stop so she just killed him.

How absolutely devastating for these parents. Not only do they have to deal with the tragic loss of their baby, but also the guilt and shame they will feel for trusting this woman. I wonder if she persuaded them to go out on the town so she could have some alone time with the babies. What was she doing in Pittsburgh anyway? Here just to visit her friend?

Her family presumably is very wealthy if her father is a prominent cardiologist. Her attorney, David Schrager, is one of the highest-profile attorneys in the Pittsburgh area and has a reputation for being a bulldog, so we should expect a very vigorous defense.

Pittsburgh born and bred as well. So I do tend to have interest with Pittsburgh cases.
A few points I have noticed...
WHEN this actually happened, there was so little press.
Way back in the thread, I posted many of her academic works (just Google Google Scholar ). She had an interesting study about physical experience and resulting PAIN.
So, I too, felt she was experimenting with her academic theories.
Inappropriately
THIS is why, to me, that this is a very interesting as well as horrific situation.
Moo.

Pittsburgh born and bred as well. So I do tend to have interest with Pittsburgh cases.
A few points I have noticed...
WHEN this actually happened, there was so little press.
Way back in the thread, I posted many of her academic works (just Google Google Scholar ). She had an interesting study about physical experience and resulting PAIN.
So, I too, felt she was experimenting with her academic theories.
Inappropriately
THIS is why, to me, that this is a very interesting as well as horrific situation.
Moo.
Another lifelong Pittsburgher here, still live here. I have noticed that media is often very scant with news on the progress of some cases - particularly crimes against children. I saw it with the Nalani Johnson case. Not sure why.

jmo

Another lifelong Pittsburgher here, still live here. I have noticed that media is often very scant with news on the progress of some cases - particularly crimes against children. I saw it with the Nalani Johnson case. Not sure why.

jmo
Do the defense attorneys play some role in what the media is allowed access to?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back