State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I'm on my smartphone and it's not that smart :( I can't see the video.

But, they just showed Treyvon Martin and Raising America is the segment that is on now.

Okay my link works! I can't watch via the CNN website because I don't hAve a subscription. Thank you for your help!

Bless his heart.

I go back every couple if months to see my family. I miss TexMex, and Whataburger :(

And the low crime rate.

OT - sorry

I JUST had Whataburger for lunch! YUMMY. I could NOT imagine life without Whataburger!

Yabbut with a lengthy appeals process for death row inmates, she'd be living 20 to 25 years anyway. I don't know what the specific stats are in AZ for average time from DP to execution, but even in places like Texas, it's a protracted process. And the state has to pay for her lawyers (still, again!).

I get that she'll live on for decades at least, if given the DP. In fact, I hope that she WOULD live on for decades first, before the needle. I just want those decades to be on death row, not in the general population where JA would absolutely find a way to have a life and manipulate most of the thugs around her.

IMO, true justice would be served by having every shred of her life taken away immediately- no TV, books, magazines- no ANYTHING of the outside word except for a few monitored phone calls a month, maybe, and having her watch her body age year after year, knowing she'll never have children, never have a husband, never even have sex again, that she'll never be an artist or a photographer or any of the other fantasies she spun for herself. IE, that she's forced to live decades of a life denied of all that she denied Travis Alexander when she murdered him in cold blood.

Then give her the needle.

LWOP would be the option that would allow the family to move on without ever having to deal with future hearings. A DP conviction brings with it years of appeals, higher $$$, lots of grief for the victim's family. It's certainly an appropriate sentence in many cases and I don't dispute that. I am for the DP myself. But it comes with a cost both real and emotional and the family may end up at various hearings along the way. Then there's all the protestors who try to get the person's sentenced commuted. The DP is the legal gift that keeps on giving because all DP sentences are appealed and that means yet more lawyers and more $$$.

All true but the death penalty is what the family wants and for their sake I hope JA gets it.

I am thinking, when all is said and done, Jodi's mom will definitely write a book, as well as Slimey Gus.

I sure hope so. Cause she is someone I believe would most DEFINITELY kill again, if put in the right circumstances. She's a danger to anyone who crosses her path. IMO

I agree. She had already bought another 9mm after she just killed someone.

IMO, the only 2 choices should be LWOP or DP.

I am not getting my hopes up too much for DP because it just seems like getting 12 people to agree to it must be a hard thing to do. It seems there is always at least one person that cannot get themselves to sentence someone to death. I think early on, the jurors are asked whether they could sentence someone to death and they all agreed to it, but just wonder when it comes down to it whether they will have 2nd thoughts about it.

But at a minimum LWOP should be the only other option because IMO she is a danger to society.

Can the Alexander family sue her in a civil court even after she is convicted? tia

ie: Like the families of Nicole and Ron did?

Once Arias is convicted any "profits" she makes off her artwork or anything else will cease. That doesn't mean she can't gift items to her family though. But there are legal ways around this. Civil lawsuits can be filed. For an example of just how aggressive this can be, review the civil case and actions of Fred Goldman vs. OJ Simpson circa 1997. Goldman and his lawyers have been very aggressive on going after any/all possible assets they could.

I am not getting my hopes up too much for DP because it just seems like getting 12 people to agree to it must be a hard thing to do. It seems there is always at least one person that cannot get themselves to sentence someone to death. I think early on, the jurors are asked whether they could sentence someone to death and they all agreed to it, but just wonder when it comes down to it whether they will have 2nd thoughts about it.

But at a minimum LWOP should be the only other option because IMO she is a danger to society.

I cannot stand FCA, but for some reason JA being released to the free world, scares me a lot more than when FCA was released. FCA is still a , and should not be allowed to breathe the same air as the rest of us.

I am thinking, when all is said and done, Jodi's mom will definitely write a book, as well as Slimey Gus.

I watched some of the earlier testimony from him- what a horrible witness. He came across as completely smarmy and unlikeable. Why the DT would have called him is beyond me.

I'm sitting on that jury I'm thinking of a way to charge him with something just for being....ick.

I was thinking of the "Law of Chastity".

Jodi testified Travis said anal and oral sex were ok.

I bet it was her that convinced the 2 (not vaginal) sex is ok.

Sorry, I know the sex talk, but I think religion & sex is a dynamic in this case.

All true but the death penalty is what the family wants and for their sake I hope JA gets it.

Yep, ITA.

I think this decision SHOULD be made by his family. This is why there was no plea for Murder 2. Not even on the table. Defense asked for a plea, prosecutors office said No.

Sorry. Here's the exact quote from JA, on tape 15.

05:48

JA: Okay. I’m just… If I had planned to hurt him in any way, I, you know, I am not the brightest person, but I… I don’t think I could stab him. I think I would have to shoot him continuously until he was dead, if that were my intention. Again, and I would bring up the gloves again, but I would have to wear gloves. I mean I am not too worried about prints, because they are all over anyway, but I would never stab him.

If, if, if I had it anywhere in me to kill him, the least I could have done was to make it as humane as possible, or quick, or something, you know, if any killing is humane, so to speak. I don’t mean it that way…I would just...like, he was still alive...
BBM Just that fact that she used the word "planned" really jumps out at me. She did plan to hurt him and the rest of it is all lies. She did stab him over and over and she enjoyed it. She only shot him to be sure he was dead and nothing about what she did was humane at all. I got angry just reading that. She disgusts me. Justice for Travis!

I watched some of the earlier testimony from him- what a horrible witness. He came across as completely smarmy and unlikeable. Why the DT would have called him is beyond me.

I'm sitting on that jury I'm thinking of a way to charge him with something just for being....ick.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:TFF
GUILTY OF SlimeBallNess.

I think there's a lot of sentiment for revenge, not just justice. "Justice" is making sure a perp is never able to be free, never able to hurt an innocent victim again, and is properly and legally contained and kept out of society forever. And if a jury decides death is the right penalty in a case then that too is justice.

What I'm reading is something else entirely and that's REVENGE. "Make her suffffferrrr," "Don't let her have anything except water and bread and only once a dayyyy," "lock her in solitary confinement and never let her out of that inky black room."

If revenge is the system one wants then Pakistan, Afghanistan and similar countries will welcome you with open arms. Of course you may lose an arm there. Or fingers or toes. Or be accused of a crime you didn't actually commit (for any reason) and then be stoned. Or tortured. And you'll have no rights.

Sorry. Here's the exact quote from JA, on tape 15.

05:48

JA: Okay. I’m just… If I had planned to hurt him in any way, I, you know, I am not the brightest person, but I… I don’t think I could stab him. I think I would have to shoot him continuously until he was dead, if that were my intention. Again, and I would bring up the gloves again, but I would have to wear gloves. I mean I am not too worried about prints,......:..****************
If, if, if I had it anywhere in me to kill him, the least I could have done was to make it as humane as possible, or quick, or something, you know, if any killing is humane, so to speak. I don’t mean it that way…I would just...like, he was still alive...

I think, reading carefully into her words, as stated here before....there's bits of the truth mixed in.
"I'm not the brightest person" ......duh.
"I would have to shoot him continuously" ....regretting her messy stabbing?
"I'm not too worried about prints".....she had already justified them able to identify her prints.
"the least I could have done was make it as humane as possible".....again, regretting the messy messy stabbing.
"like, he was still alive"....she was reliving the murder.

She loved him in her obsessive, creepy as heck, stalker, psycho way....and she relives the moment and watching him NOT die as fast, clean and tv like as she planned.
You can not clean up blood like what was shed during this murder. it doesn't just wipe away.

Rot in hell JA.

It's not as hard as one would think. We prayed for a LWOP sentence for my brother's murderer. ONLY ONE JUROR had trouble giving him the DP. Thank God for that ONE juror. My brother didn't believe in Capital punishment. On the way home that day, after the judge imposed sentencing, we saw a double rainbow. To me, that was my brother saying, thank you sis. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor