State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link to the evidentiary hearing. I'm predicting (again) that the pedo letters will be a big issue on appeal. Jodi represented herself, Juan (apparently) threatened Matt with perjury if he testified about them and at the hearing Nurmi said in open court over no objection that an expert said that at least one of them -- the one that caused Sky to ask about his age preference, apparently -- was found by an expert to "probably" have been written by Travis.

Mark my words ;)

Karmady, could you direct me to this link. TIA

Yes.

And, as per ALV :giggle: Sky said she would not let Travis date her sister.

True. Not because he was in any way abusive. Because he couldn't seem to commit. She explained that on Dr. Drew tonight.

I sooo wish Juan would have asked Jodi, " it's true that you were the worst thing to ever happen to Travis, right?"

Thanks for the link to the evidentiary hearing. I'm predicting (again) that the pedo letters will be a big issue on appeal. Jodi represented herself, Juan (apparently) threatened Matt with perjury if he testified about them and at the hearing Nurmi said in open court over no objection that an expert said that at least one of them -- the one that caused Sky to ask about his age preference, apparently -- was found by an expert to "probably" have been written by Travis.

Mark my words ;)

Karmady, could you direct me to this link. TIA

IMO I do not think Travis knew she was coming. I am up in the air on the sex pics, they could have been taken at a different time and retaken that day. I think there is a shower pic of Travis that is one of him being startled and that's when he first saw her.
IMO she threatens suicide so often, she could have had the gun to her head and Travis attempted to get it away, that was him lunging at her. I have lots of scenarios from picking her story apart...little bits of truth

Wasn't the camera bag found right outside the bedroom door in the hall? If JA sneaked into the house and waited until TA was in the shower to come out, I could see that bag being left outside the bedroom door while she was familiarizing herself with it, just sitting there waiting for the shower to start.
TA was so neat, I doubt the bag would be left in that random spot by him. Plus, if it was a mutual photo/sex session, why is the bag left there, not just brought into the bedroom?
Then again, why is her hair dark in the photos if she only loaded the (previously taken) pics that day at 1:oo pm or so?
Oh geesh, I'm so confused. I would love to get a logical scenario in my head for how that day played out...

I completely understand. My sister died in house fire, it will be 2 years ago in December. I had to help my mom get through it. It was Horrible. The pain gets bearable, but never completely goes away.

I am so sorry.

I think she made a "boob" comment or something mildy sexual in nature.

Do we know what JA wrote on Danny's pic? I spent a hour or so the other day trying to find it and i came up empty. Do you know, please share? TIA :)

I'm not normally a nighttime WSer but I do read every so often.

It simply amazes me the read these negative posts about the Hughes. Nothing I can say to change anyone's mind but wow, I just don't get it. I see them as great friends of Travis.
If you don't know what it means to be in the "limelight", you don't know how you'd react to it. This is certainly not anywhere close to the limelight but we did A&E's Intervention to save my sister's life. I had no idea how I would react to public scrutiny after trying to save my sister. And whoever judges me for handling it the way I did, shame on them.

ETA: I should have said a tragic situation on top of the limelight.

BBM, and Amen, sister! We do what we have to do for our loved ones!
The Hughes thought they were going to be called to testify (for the defense) and then they would be able to set the record straight about the email to Jodi. ALV misrepresented what was actually in that email. NOW....they are able to speak. I don't blame them, I'd be wanting to get my side out there too. I've been dying to hear from them, and I'm glad they spoke up. I see nothing wrong with what they've done. I don't believe they are looking for the limelight, either. Their story begged to be told, it was important, and it should have been told under oath.

Hey got a request I post a clarification about the paypal funds that I posted about a couple weeks ago...100% of the donations went straight to the Alexanders. One person in the family (totally competent and trustworthy, one of the siblings) handles all of the donations and kind of runs it like a business. All of the donations coming from BOTH emails (including the one from the Hughes) go straight in to the same fund for the family.

No one is accessing one dime of these funds except the Alexander siblings. And they have been using it for the basics and any leftover after the proceedings will go to the legacy fund.

Everything is on the up and up. The Hughes are totally in communication with the Alexanders and trusted friends.

Please don't worry about where any donations went...they all went straight to the family. I know this from discussions directly with the person in charge of all the funds.

Oh and on another note, the winner received her Travis ribbon and wrote me about it! :D

THANK YOU for the info!!

Mark my words ;)

GTFO ... Really?

Anyone recall if J.M brought up the fact that Travis was a wrestler to the jury?

I can't remember...

I do not remember, but I remember Juan going after Jodi because of her ridiculous "Travis had one leg in the shower, and the other out of the shower
pirouette."

So true. I have lost my mother and for all practical purposes, my father. I grieve for my self but also for my daughter who has been robbed of her grandparents. And it is raw and acute pain.

But I cannot imagine the pain of losing my baby girl. My mind cannot even go there.

You are so right.

I'm so sorry, Frayed. Both my parents are gone, and there isn't a day goes by that they aren't on my mind, and I miss them. My grandmother, Nanny, was a second Mom to me. She's missed more than I say. My husband passed in 2006. My son was 18, daughter 20. It was harder on them than I could ever imagine. We don't ever get over it, we just try to get through it. Losing one of my kids would be the end of me. They thought my daughter had leukemia when she was two. I could barely breathe...Thank God it wasn't the case but only the thought of having to be okay to raise my son got me through the darkest hours.

GTFO ... Really?

I know there was much evidence that pointed to the forgery found in Jodi's cell. These letters will never mean anything on any level in this trial. jodi wrote them plain and simple. I'm not going to speak about how I know or what I know but I do know this to be true.

Anyone recall if J.M brought up the fact that Travis was a wrestler to the jury?

I can't remember...

I could be wrong but didn't Juan play the recording in court of JA talking to Flores about Travis never owned a gun. His only weapons would be his bare hands ...he wrestled - something to that affect ?

GTFO ... Really?

Not what I heard. I heard there was one letter that didn't show the same handwriting as the other letters, which were not in Travis' handwriting. I never heard that it could be Travis' handwriting, I could be wrong. But the fact that the DT decided not to use them tells you all you need to know. They knew they were forgeries and knew they would get torn apart.

:facepalm::facepalm:

Hey got a request I post a clarification about the paypal funds that I posted about a couple weeks ago...100% of the donations went straight to the Alexanders. One person in the family (totally competent and trustworthy, one of the siblings) handles all of the donations and kind of runs it like a business. All of the donations coming from BOTH emails (including the one from the Hughes) go straight in to the same fund for the family.

No one is accessing one dime of these funds except the Alexander siblings. And they have been using it for the basics and any leftover after the proceedings will go to the legacy fund.

Everything is on the up and up. The Hughes are totally in communication with the Alexanders and trusted friends.

Please don't worry about where any donations went...they all went straight to the family. I know this from discussions directly with the person in charge of all the funds.

Oh and on another note, the winner received her Travis ribbon and wrote me about it! :D

Thank you for clarifying! I know many peeps, based on posts here, who were a little concerned about their $$ going to CH and not to the Alexander family.

Good to know that there will be no admin fees, etc.

ETA: Did Paypal waive their fees for this fund? I used to sell on ebay and Paypal took a huge chunk of my $$!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member