State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She implied that she had picked up pamphlets about TA's "problem" which according to her was pedophilia. Have you ever heard of such a pamphlet?

I would guess that TA had probably picked up a pamphlet or two for her about BPD...

My hunch.

No links.

moo

What I'm gathering from this is that the Mormons have pamphlets on how to deal with being a pedophile?

They can appeal on this all they want. It won't go anywhere. The judge ruled them inadmissable and the DT withdrew them. There's no issue there.

The judge did not rule them inadmissible. The defense withdrew them. There's a giant issue there. Believe it or not. I seriously don't care one way or the other. As I've said before, I'm not invested in an outcome of this trial. My pov about what will happen is purely objective.

I don't care about being wrong, but I don't think I am. Actually, I'm really, really confident that I'm not wrong about this. But we shall see if she's convicted and the motions come rolling in. Having the prosecutor threaten a material witness with criminal charges is a big constitutional deal.

No, he threatened him with perjury if the the defense called him and he perjured himself. He said he'd be willing to do this so Juan said bring it, I will hit you with perjury. He initially told LE he had no idea what they were talking about in re: to Travis being a pedophile and Jodi being abused by him and him seeing the bruises. Jodi has implied that she was trying to get him change his story for her, from the coded messages to her testimony that she confided in him. So if he then got on the stand and changed his story, then Juan has grounds to go after him for perjury.

I still don't see the issue. But hey, we have a legal thread sticky and if you think you are right you can always ask one of our lawyers. <modsnip>

Sounds like blackmail to me.
*I am thinking J Freeman???
Who killed himself the day she was arrested?
I wonder if opened up to her in confidence and she threatened to
tell everyone? Maybe Travis discovered she was blackmailing J Freeman?
I do not think he had anything to do with Travis' murder.

It has to be bad...
I may never figure it out.
moo

IMO as close as ja was to the Freeman's, no doubt in my mind she knew about J Freeman, he has been struggling for a yr or so prior to his death. She would have been in Mesa during that time and according to Dan, she was like a sister.

Disagree. If the prosecutor threatened him, that will be a primary basis of the appeal.
Excuse me a moment...If someone tells you that they think you stole something (hypothetical) and you haven't stolen a thing but you tell them, "ok, accuse me but I will take you to court and sue you for defamation"...you are "threatening" them to take them to task. Not to kill them. Not to harm them unduly, but to protect your interests in their unfounded accusations. So, you might like to twist this into a "threat" but I don't think your position would hold water in a court of appeals.

moo

I tend to belive that JA did pick up pamphlets at a mall. To Mormons, even masterbation is an addiction. http://addictionrecovery.lds.org/struggling-with-addiction/stories/made-in-his-image?lang=eng

Here is a LDS recovery from Masterbation program: http://www.sonsofhelaman.org/?p=testimonials

JA is a liar but I think she told the truth about picking up a pamphlet from a mall. Sexual addiction recovery makes $$$.

Yea, not likely..not likely at all IMO..

a) Travis' "problem" that Jodi claims was in need of her retrieving pamphlets for him was Pedophilia..

b) and even in going down this path of imaginary pamphlets JA picked up for Travis for a masturbation "problem" is IMO bs as well considering the claim of retrieving pamphlets was soooooo waaaaaaaaay prior to the convo that IMO debunks the issue all together..that convo being the recorded sex call and Travis' telling Jodi that he didn't even masturbate prior to their sexual relationship and that had all changed since being sexually active with her and that since she had moved back to Yreka he had been regularly masturbating..

Jodi is of course flattered by this and is like OMG, you mean you didn't regularly masturbate until being with me?..as she giggles away..

So, sorry nope, no way in hell were there pamphlets picked up by Jodi for Travis' "masturbation problem" especially considering the convo only happened less than a month before she slaughtered him!

No, he threatened him with perjury if the the defense called him and he perjured himself. He said he'd be willing to do this so Juan said bring it, I will hit you with perjury. He initially told LE he had no idea what they were talking about in re: to Travis being a pedophile and Jodi being abused by him and him seeing the bruises. Jodi has implied that she was trying to get him change his story for her, from the coded messages to her testimony that she confided in him. So if he then got on the stand and changed his story, then Juan has grounds to go after him for perjury.

I still don't see the issue. But hey, we have a legal thread sticky and if you think you are right you can always ask one of our lawyers. I think you probably don't know what you're talking about.

If Juan actually said, if you testify at trial I'll hit you with perjury before your feet hit the ground, or any semblance of that, that's a serious constitutional grounds for appeal, putting aside all of the other issues pertaining to those letters.

eta: I missed the part about how you don't think I know what I'm talking about. Yes, please do put it in the attorneys' thread. I don't need to.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Lots of us here wonder what horrible secret TA threatened to expose in their (late May?) emails/texts.

IMO, something $$$$ related. Something that would shock many people, per TA (including, IIRC, his friends, church, PPL, and her parents).

I read here on w/s the State listed as a witness a financial fraud investigator.

What $$$-related offense could JA have bn involved in?

In cross exam, JM asked her about the last year shefiled US Income Tax returns.
She hacked into TA's email, & soc media a/c's (facebook, myspace).
His bank a/c's? His charge a/c's? His paypal a/c?

But I think it was more than that.
Is it possible, as a PPL rep/agent, she sold PPL policy/coverage to someone and collected the premium (check(s)?) directly from the buyer?
Maybe failed to forward the payment(s) to PPL?
Maybeconverted the funds by depositing the check(s) to her own a/c for personal use?
IMO, poss that TA may have learned of JA's act --whatever it was)just before his threat, but her act may have occurred months before then.

Exposing her for converting PPL funds (if she did) is my hypotheses.
:twocents:

I have no doubt the JA is capable of all that but my sense is that whatever she did, it was personal to Travis. He was deeply hurt by whatever she did and it was bad enough that he didn't talk about it, even to his best friend, and nothing was written about it between them. It could have been her threatening to expose their sex tape, or she could have told him he would tell everyone he was a pedeophile, or it may have had something to do with a pregnancy (lie I am sure). Whatever it was, it was personal to Travis or he would have been more forthcoming in their messages to each other about what she did. He seemed to not even want to put whatever it was down in words for fear it would be found out.
Another thing that confuses me is that weren't there two different arguments, one in which he threatened to tell everyone about her and the other on May 26 where he said the other stuff?

What date was on the letters? Was this what TA was so upset about, or were these fabricated after he died?

1 was written Jan 21, 2007 per Nurmi

[video=youtube;z4bTzT-c0DI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4bTzT-c0DI[/video]

Since they are forgeries, don't know when ja forged them!!!

I agree but I do feel it was a BIG LIE...
not fraud or credit card charges...
He could go after her legally I mean come on! What part of
PPL would he not understand?
This was something personal.
Something she could not get in legal trouble for and something
that would make anyone that SHE knew despise her.

I have a few ideas... all involve blackmail and someone paying her to keep her quiet.
moo

I wonder if she revealed that she had the sex tapes and said she was going to distribute it to everyone he knew including the bishop if he didn't ______?_______ .
Maybe she said she was planning to do it the day he left for Cancun adding, "Hope you have a nice time, I'm going to ruin your sterling reputation with EVERYONE you know, your PPL career and your Mormon good-boy image will all be flushing down the drain as you land in Mexico. Or just give me $50,000 to destroy them. Ole` you blanking blank".

It had to be something that would devastate him personally and be extremely hurtful to him. He probably would have been totally crushed to know she had sex tapes and nude pics she planned to use against him.

This trial has been increasingly sad, unexpectedly entertaining, scandalous, tragic, funny, boring, and has envoked, in me, anger, hate, compassion, laughter, anxiety, frustration and left me broken hearted for the Alexander family.

I watched the interview of Jodi's mom tonight. I found her to be real person full of genuine anguish and devastation. I'm curious to know how some of you would answer this question:

If you were the mother, did your daughter get a fair trial?

The judge did not rule them inadmissible. The defense withdrew them. There's a giant issue there. Believe it or not. I seriously don't care one way or the other. As I've said before, I'm not invested in an outcome of this trial. My pov about what will happen is purely objective.

Right, they withdrew them because they knew they were forged and they would be easily dismantled. It would make Jodi look like a little liar and even more evil than she looks already. If it is true some of them were indeed in her handwriting ( I have heard this) then it should be no wonder why they were withdrawn and has nothing to do with Juan's threats. The DT could still have brought the letters in regardless of whether Matt was called or not through some other medium. They chose not to.

Again, even if this is an appellate issue, which it won't be since the DT willingly withdrew them, then it's an appeal that won't go anywhere.

Excuse me a moment...If someone tells you that they think you stole something (hypothetical) and you haven't stolen a thing but you tell them, "ok, accuse me but I will take you to court and sue you for defamation"...you are "threatening" them to take them to task. Not to kill them. Not to harm them unduly, but to protect your interests in their unfounded accusations. So, you might like to twist this into a "threat" but I don't think your position would hold water in a court of appeals.

moo

There's a big difference between threatening someone with a civil charge v. a criminal charge. There's also a big difference between an adverse party doing it and the prosecutor doing it.

Sooner this trial ends the better...wow.....all I can say...so many wanna-be's, etc involved in this, it takes away from the trial.... Soon we will know the verdict and I wouldnt bet my money on it.

If Juan actually said, if you testify at trial I'll hit you with perjury before your feet hit the ground, or any semblance of that, that's a serious constitutional grounds for appeal, putting aside all of the other issues pertaining to those letters.

eta: I missed the part about how you don't think I know what I'm talking about. Yes, please do put it in the attorneys' thread. I don't need to.
I think that JM told him in no uncertain terms that if he LIED at trial, he would follow up with perjury charges. No threat. Just action against lies. Nothing against the law.

moo

Kinda trippy.. I really believe everything was brewing... the pedo connections, the money from PPL, the sinful sex.

Maybe Jodi used Travis' email account to email Joshua and accused Travis of something? I bet thats who she got the pedo pamphlets for. Again, a speck of truth in her stories.

Could Jodi have hacked Travis' e-mails and been corresponding with JF
learning intimate details of his past and replying to him as if she were Travis?

Could JA have stolen JF's diaries about his most personal
inner battles and tried to pass them off as if Travis wrote them?
I am surprised she didn't try and say JF killed Travis.

I wonder when she found out JF had died?

****His dna was not there so I am not suggesting that JF had any involvement
but I do think MAYBE this pedophile stuff is related.

There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE of this but we all know jodi is mentally disturbed and a liar. Maybe the whole "big thing" travis had on her was that jodi was a pedophile? Uggggg.........just a thought, maybe it's been brought up and I haven't read it. I don't think we'll ever know what the "secret" was but...............

Daniel Freeman has said they were closer to Travis than Jodi but were willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and they couldn't see how she could have killed Travis. They had no idea what her defense was and he says when he was on the stand and was being questioned by the DT he smiled to himself when he realized they were trying to paint Travis as a bad guy. He thought that'll never work because he was a GREAT guy. He says he was only there to testify truthfully and Juan seemed to feel comfortable questioning him when he realized this.

Dan Freeman has since come to the conclusion that Jodi did kill Travis. Probably because he knows her stories of abuse and pedophilia is patently false.

MeeBee, please do not take this in the wrong way but I am confused about your post. I bolded what I thought was your point which to me would be obvious since she admitted to it. Just wanted to clarify. TIA

Really? Have you ever seen one? A pamphlet of this nature?

No, I was asking you--I believe (if you were the poster I was responding to) if I was correct in inferring from your statement that they existed. I hadn't imagined that they did exist until I thought I read you saying Jodi was claiming to pick up literature like this. I was just seeking clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lineman21